Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (10-25)
vs.
<font color=#B50031>Houston</font> <font color=#CC0033>Rockets</font> (20-15)

7:00 PM on CSN

Key Matchup: C
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SG
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 80-93 <font color=#B50031>H</font><font color=#CC0033>O</font><font color=#B50031>U</font>

Player of the Game

23 points (9-24 FG, 4-7 FT), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 42 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:30 PM on CSN
@ <font color=#002843>New</font> <font color=#7C7A7E>Jersey</font> <font color=#002843>Nets</font> (20-15)</center>

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Rockets win. Yao and Francis simply are too good.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i hope brevin knight starts this game. i like steve blake and he's a local favorite in maryland, but brevin knight has been playing consistently and is more experienced that steve blake. he does nice pick and roles and is confident in his dribbling. he may not be the best offensive PG, but neither is blake.

·
Registered
996 Posts
yeah rockets are really good, they'll probably cream us unless we see some killer defense on yao and another great game from hughes and kwame.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'll continue my trend of predicting Wizard gloom.

There is no way we win this game. As Air said, Yao and Stevie are too much. Yao will have his career high of the year and the Wizards go down.

Hail to the #1 pick in the draft and selecting another 6-10 high school player!

·
Registered
996 Posts
i doubt that we take a chance on another PF highschoolo player again even if we get the #1 pick, we might trade it or pick someone like pavel.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I'm sick of mock drafts saying that we are going to get ANOTHER SG/SF in Hakim Warrick:upset:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rockets on a 10-2 run to go up by 12 with 3:45 left in the first. We only have 7 points, and our halfcourt offense is just dead. We get zero in the way of open shots or possessions that look like we have any kind of plan.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice defense and slightly improved offense to end the quarter on a 12-4 run to cut the lead to 5. Knight is continuing his solid play (4 points on 2-4 FG, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal), as is Kwame (7 points on 2-4 FG/3-3 FT, 2 rebounds). Hughes is still forcing shots (4 points on 2-9 FG), but he is passing the ball down low, which is nice to see.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats to Haywood on his 1000th point. Congrats to the Wizards as well for managing to not only stay in the game, but actually have a small lead for a majority of the first half up to the 4:30 mark of the second quarter :wiz:

·
Registered
996 Posts
is it just me or did kwame suddenly get really good? i think he is averageing 12+ points over his last 6 games.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
12.8 PPG and 7.7 RPG in the six January games I believe. I'm glad to see it, and I thought that is what he was capable of this year. In the preseason, I said that I would be very satisfied if Kwame could give us 12/7/1.5 blocks this season.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kwame needs to quit forcing shots. Just because he gets the ball down low doesn't mean he has to shoot. If he doesn't have a decent look, he shouldn't put it up. Houston ended the half on a 10-2 run to go up 43-41 at halftime thanks to Mobley's buzzer beater.

·
Registered
996 Posts
yeah right as i said kwame is good he starts forcing up some shots. But i like our play so far on defense, but we really need to get a better FG percentage.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
yeah, kwame was doing great. he was making good drives and post moves. then all of the sudden he gets this ball-hog sensation and forces up some horrid shots that got rejected by cato. a

and why is haywood in? he has already dropped about 5 passes. he really needs to warm the bench.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts