Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (10-26)
@
<font color=#002843>New</font> <font color=#7C7A7E>Jersey</font> <font color=#002843>Nets</font> (20-15)

7:30 PM on CSN
New Jersey leads season series 2-0

Key Matchup: SG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SF
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 103-115 <font color=#002843>N</font> <font color=#7C7A7E>J</font><font color=#002843>N</font>

Player of the Game

16 points (4-11 FG, 3-5 3P, 5-5 FT), 2 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, 27 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
8:00 PM on CSN
@ <font color=red>Detroit</font> <font color=blue>Pistons</font> (26-13)</center>

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Kenyon is out because of his suspension. We should win this without him, though.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Aurelino</b>!
Kenyon is out because of his suspension. We should win this without him, though.
I agree, you guys beat us without him earlier in the year. I'll have to adjust my matchup -- it's a shame, I wanted to see that one. With Arenas and Martin out, there isn't much in they way of interesting matchups. I'll go with SG, since Hughes is our offensive focal point and how much KK can mess with him should make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
this looks like another loss. NJ is just too good for us. they have a PG that has 5 triple doubles while our PG's can't seem to keep their starting position. the only exciting part about this will be the tip-off.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shonin</b>!
this looks like another loss. NJ is just too good for us. they have a PG that has 5 triple doubles while our PG's can't seem to keep their starting position. the only exciting part about this will be the tip-off.
The tip off? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!

The tip off? :laugh:
Yeah, because Wizards have a good chance of winning the tip!!:laugh:

This could be interesting in a year or two, though. Two teams with very similar offenses, one team has players capable of executing it. The wiz would get better and healthier in due course.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
of course he is. look how tough of a time byron scott had dealing with NJ by himself without EJ's help in the beginning of the season. the wizards were even doing better than them! of course, now byron has got them on the right track and EJ has kind of fallen of the track into oblivion.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twinz2gether</b>!
Do you think EJ is a better coach then Byron scott?
It's not an easy question to answer. EJ doesn't have Kidd, KMart and RJ. Ofcourse, the talent is there, but Kidd is the best PG in the league and KMart and RJ are on the verge of all-star selections (RJ less so). EJ got a lot of credit for Nets' success in the past 2 years. He had a big hand in designing the offense but I think Nets' defense, one of their forte in the past 2-3 years, has been largely due to Scott. Kittles (who could be the mirror image of Scott in his prime) has grown into a top-notch defender. The aggressive pressure defense has helped the Nets force 17 turnovers per game (3rd in the league) which invariably ignite their fastbreak.

EJ still has to prove he can do it all by himself, just as much as Scott has to.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's been mentioned a few times, but I often forget to talk about Kwame's passing. He's not Chris Webber out there, but he has a very sharp eye for just where the rest of te team is and who to get the ball to. Out of everything that he's done this year, it is this that has impressed and surprised me the most.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nets with 4 TOs in the first 3.5 minutes of the 2nd quarter. We've outscored them by 8 since Kidd went to the bench to cut the lead to 1.

Jeffries is having his best offensive game in a long time (the whole season?), actually looking competent shooting the ball. We're now up by 3 on Blake's 3 pointer.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
that is the Nets biggest problem...no backup to hold the fort while Kidd is out. No chance for a title without one. GOOO NEETTTSS!

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I think Brevin Knight should start over Arenas. Knight can really pass the ball and has invincible Defense as Steve Buchantz said.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
well, brevin knight is good defensively and has a good eye, but he's not nearly as good as gilbert arenas is at scoring and rebounding. what EJ should do is just give knight more playing time.

also mitchell butler, who gets about 1 minute of playing time a game has came out and buried 3/4 shots. he's a solid forward, don't know why he doesn't get much playing time.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've started to wonder a bit about Butler -- he always plays very hard and very well when he gets in the game, but he only gets a few minutes every couple games or so. I wish we could play him some, but I think that we already run the risk of playing too many people as is. With our injuries, we've been "lucky" to not have too much difficulty in figuring out who we give minutes to and who we don't. However, once our two big guns come back, we'll have some decisions to make as to who to play and who to sit. Simply put, we absolutely can't play more than ten guys in our rotation, and I think that 8-9 would be better once we figure out who are best guys are. Butler is one of a few guys who just seem to lose out in the numbers crunch.

Kidd is putting on a passing demo out there. They aren't all converting, but they all look fantatic and have been perfectly on the mark.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Can someone update me on Jefferson's buzzer beater?

I cannot watch the game on TV :-(

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>Aurelino</b>!
Can someone update me on Jefferson's buzzer beater?

I cannot watch the game on TV :-(
Honestly, it was just a typical half court buzzer beater. Kidd dished the ball to him from under the Wiz basket, he caught it somwhere near halfcourt, and he just launched it up. It swished through, and the team applauded their ever-increasing lead. There might have been some players around him or something, as I only had one eye on the screen as I was typing something on here at the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts