Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (10-26)
@
<font color=red>Detroit</font> <font color=blue>Pistons</font> (26-13)

8:00 PM on CSN
Detroit leads season series 1-0

Key Matchup: PF
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SF
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 77-98 <font color=red>D</font><font color=blue>E</font><font color=red>T</font>

Player of the Game

13 points (6-9 FG, 1-2 FT), 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 38 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
vs. <font color=#144B32>Seattle</font> <font color=#F6CC02>Sonics</font> (19-17)</center>

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
wow! wizards are actually leading the hottest team in the NBA right now! both teams shooting 38.1%. they both suck! did anyone see the ref block prince's free throw? ROFL. buckhantz goes "well that's his first block of the season!"

:jawdrop:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cable is screwy for some reason, there's a block of five channels that are barely coming in and CSN is one of them. I can just barely make out who's on the court, and the sound keeps going out for a second or two like twice a minute :cry: It's tough to watch the game like this, and that's a shame, because it looks like we're playing tough against one of the league's best.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't call what I am doing "watching" the game, as it's just too tough to tell what's going on. I can't really offer too much in the way of thoughts on this one.

We had a terrible 2nd quarter judging by the stats, as giving up 31 points to a not-so-hot offensive team isn't a good thing.

Looks like another good game for Kwame (10 points on 5-8 FG, 6 rebounds) and Knight (6 points on 3-4 FG, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals), while Hughes isn't exactly doing much (1-7 FG, 0 rebounds, 1 assist). At least he limited his shot attempts when they weren't going in. Jeffries had a nice all-around half, with 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks to go along with his 6 points.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shonin</b>!
wow! wizards are actually leading the hottest team in the NBA right now! both teams shooting 38.1%. they both suck! did anyone see the ref block prince's free throw? ROFL. buckhantz goes "well that's his first block of the season!"

:jawdrop:
Why'd he block it?

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I never thought I would say this but, I am really looking forward to next season:dead:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that was a dud of a quarter. We've been outscored 60-34 in these middle two quarters, and the game is now a major blowout. The only bright spot I can see is the continuing good play from Kwame.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
This game is getting uglier... Usually when teams put in their reserves at the end of a blowout the other team, makes the score respectable, but since Detroit's bench players are good the lead is still growing. :dead:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!
This game is getting uglier... Usually when teams put in their reserves at the end of a blowout the other team, makes the score respectable, but since Detroit's bench players are good the lead is still growing. :dead:
Heh seriously, Detroit's bench is too good for blowouts. They need to put in some some of the fans or player's wives or something.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
It's good to see Kwame playing at least decent. I'm not his biggest fan, nor am I anywhere near that, but I have been rooting for him to do something with himself.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Up 30, the Pistons are just playing around now. Darko is in with 8:32 left, this is the most time he would've gotten this season so far...

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Darvin Ham is having a dunkfest... Juan Dixon is playing pretty well. And when did Mitchell Butler get back in the league...:no:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!
Darvin Ham is having a dunkfest... Juan Dixon is playing pretty well. And when did Mitchell Butler get back in the league...:no:
Ha just this year. He plays pretty well in his 3-4 minutes a game, but I suppose it's pretty tough to do too much wrong in that little time.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
JDixon is a little feverish when it comes to shooting. when he gets hot he usually ruins it by taking bad shots, much like hughes and kwame. he's a great defensive player and has a good eye for the game, he's only downfall is his feverish attitude i guess.

darko is in.. that is the sign of a game well over.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shonin</b>!

darko is in.. that is the sign of a game well over.
Yea, I once heard him referred to as the "human victory cigar". Well 98-77 was the final, that 11 in a row for the Stones... Sorry to celebrate in your thread, but we don't have one on our board. ;)

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 25 Posts