Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (10-27)
vs.
<font color=#144B32>Seattle</font> <font color=#F6CC02>Sonics</font> (19-17)

7:00 PM on CSN
Seattle leads season series 1-0

Key Matchup: SG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SF
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 99-84 <font color=#144B32>S</font><font color=#F6CC02>E</font><font color=#144B32>A</font>

Player of the Game

14 points (7-13 FG), 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 40 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
1:00 PM on WB
vs. <font color=black>Chicago</font> <font color=red>Bulls</font> (12-27)</center>

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
If they could beat us without Ray Allen than they can beat us with Ray Allen.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i love ray allen. class act and his superstardom has calmed down over the years so he doesn't get as much attentionm but boy can he play. he's doing great in every statistic except for blocks. :yes:

i don't think we have an answer for ray. we will get dominated once again.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Ray Allen is simply a beast, I don't think Hughes can handle Ray's outside shooting. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shoot-out tonight with Ray, Hughes, Jarvis, and Brent. Maybe Flip Murray also, oh yeah and Shard.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I haven't been following the Wizards much, but it looks like you're struggling (due to injuries).

The Sonics are also struggling, losing 3 straight to the Warriors, Cavs and Knicks. We also have a problem where we win against the good teams, but then lose to the bad teams. I guess it's due to our offensive approach - Live by the three, die by the three. :(

The last game between us started ugly, but ended up close. Haywood and Etan were good on the boards, but neither guy could throw a rock in the ocean on offense. Hughes was bricking shots and turning it over lots. Kwame gave us the most problems, he was too quick in the post for our bigmen and scored 17 pts. I hope we got a better game plan for him this time.

It's honestly impossible to predict Sonics games, but I think (or rather hope) we can win tonight, 95-90.

Anyway, good luck tonight. Hopefully we get an entertaining game. :)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
How is Flip Murray doing now? Is he not playing much anymore?

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Murray seems to be on/off, judging by the stats. Sometimes he puts up 15, sometimes 5. Either way, it's well below what he was doing earlier in the year.

My cable is still screwing up, so I may not really be able to watch this one :censored: Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
How is Flip Murray doing now? Is he not playing much anymore?
He still plays each game, but now that Allen is back he only gets around 15-20 mins per game. He's also been in a bit of a shooting slump, although he shot well last game against the Knicks.

Basically, he was much better starting...

As a starter: 37.4 mpg - 21.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.5 apg, .444% FG.
As a sub: 22.4 mpg - 11.1 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.7 apg, .368% FG.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
My cable is still screwing up, so I may not really be able to watch this one :censored: Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Good luck getting it fixed. :)

I can't see the game either, I get PGA tour golf instead...:upset:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>Scinos</b>!

Good luck getting it fixed. :)

I can't see the game either, I get PGA tour golf instead...:upset:
There seems to always be 4-5 channels here at school that come in really poorly, and it seems to rotate every month or so. It's still watchable, but it's hard to really focus on it -- I pretty much just have to keep it on in the background while I do something else.

45-45 at the half, we played a pretty solid game overall. While it'd have been nice if we could have held our lead, at least we didn't finish up behind like we normally do. Most of our players played well, including Dixon (8 points on 3-4 FG), Etan (8 points on 4-5 FG, 4 boards), Hayes (4 points on 2-4 FG, 7 boards), Knight (6 assists), and Kwame (6 points on 2-4 FG, 2-4 FT, 4 rebounds). Once again, Hughes either needs to start making some more of his shots (33% of our total attempts, 21% of our total makes) or start giving them to someone else.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Congratz on the win Wizards fans. :clap:

You guys played well. Hughes shot the ball better in the second half and ended up with 27 pts. Hayes had a nice double-double, Kwame played pretty good in the 4th quarter too. Heck, even Juan Dixon played well.

The Sonics just played awful. I'm not really surprised by our bad defense and rebounding, that seems to be normal for us. But, I don't know what happened to our offense. The entire team is in a shooting slump. :cry:

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. Hope you can help us out by beating some other western conference teams. :)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Too many turnovers for Seattle:dead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts