Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (12-27)
@
<font color=#144B32>Boston</font> <font color=#144B32>Celtics</font> (20-22)

7:30 PM on WB

Key Matchup: SG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SF
vs.

NBA Inside Drive Score: Wizards 109 Celtics 107
(Click above to be taken to thread describing video game simulation of game)</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 89-100 <font color=#144B32>B</font><font color=#144B32>O</font><font color=#144B32>S</font>

Player of the Game

17 points (6-11 FG, 5-7 3P), 1 rebound, 5 assists, 2 steals, 30 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
vs. <font color=#0A324D>Indiana</font> <font color=#FFCF31>Pacers</font> (33-12)</center>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Quick thoughts on Wizards. Been outta country with work have seen all the wizards games on tape.

Kwame has been playing well. Tonight EJ playing JJ at the 4 is a joke. EJ CAN't play the 4. He's weak has no hops. And offensively he's a joke.

Hayes can't play or should I say doesn't know how to play.

These guys don't know how to play the right way.

Blake,Dixon, Hayes and JJ.

Dixob is a heisting black hole,Blake doesn't run the team smoothly he runs the plays before the floor is balanced.

Hayes has no offense other than the pull up. He makes bad passes and to's.

Bad loss tonight. Fell behind because of the insane line ups.

Made a late run because of Brendan's size and Latener playing the right way his ability to hit the open shot also get inside and pass the ball inside.

Kwame got what 3 shot attempts.

The philosphy that EJ is stupid and EJ needs to get fired I'm sorry its just how I feel.
He should be given a look with a healthy Stack and Gilbert but after that his silly line-ups and perimter philosphy is ridiculous.

Kwame when given a chance can score inside. He never get more than a few attempts.

Pacers game should be alotta fun with the small line-up.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Hard to make judgements like that when EJ is a rookie coach, coaching rookies, and having his 2 best players out. Hayes and Blake are sure to get better. JJ has room to grow as well, missing last year after he hurt his knee mid December.

I am willing to give it more time just because we can't keep doing the coaching carousel every year.

I missed most of this game, but I have it on tape, so I will probably watch it.

Good to see jazzy1 back.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only got to see a limited portion of the game, as in the first half and the last 3 minutes of the fourth quarter. I could only catch the late-night replay, and they clipped it for whatever reason. I have no clue what happened to Hughes -- was he hurt or something? Judging by the box score, it looks like he didn't really play more than a few minutes in the second half.

This game just felt like a general dud to me. I didn't get to witness the fourth quarter comback, but we just seemed totally off in every way for the parts of the game I did see. We have a stretch of seven straight home games starting against the Pacers, and I believe 4-5 of those teams are with losing records. Really, we shouldn't hope for more than 3 wins at best, but I don't want to come out of this stretch 1-6 or even 0-7 (I can easily picture it). I hope we can play better than we did tonight and pull off a few wins.

As for EJ, I'm not calling for his head or anything, but I'm less than satisfied with what I've seen so far. He does have some tough things to work with, like injuries and a very young team, but whatever he's trying to do just doesn't seem to be working well. It's the random lineup changes that bug me the most -- I am a big fan of players having very consistent minutes and roles, and that seems to be totally absent from our squad. Injuries don't really work as an excuse for it; Stackhouse has been out all season so he's never been a factor in terms of needing playing time, and I don't see why Arenas being out would effect our frontcourt at all (where most of the problems seem to stand).

·
Registered
85 Posts
The game laettner comes back, another random starting lineup. I have no idea why he insists on playing laettner more minutes than kwame when kwame has been nearly averaging a double double over the last month of play. :confused:

·
Registered
454 Posts
i agree with you Jazzy1, i reached a boiling point with how stupid the team plays, and i pretty much agree with the people involved in that stupidity that you listed, but i'd have to add Hughes. Sometimes Hughes isnt too bad, other times hes just blindly selfish. Our guards as a whole currently suck at passing, they are a big reason why the Wizards are one of the top teams in TO's.

I'm not 100% sure on EJ yet, since i WANT to like him, but some of the games where the guards take aton of shots and basically shoot them out of the game are just inexcusable. They seem to hate slowing the game up to feed it down low to Kwame, and alot of times when they do the passes down low are poor and got knocked out of bounds. Kwame could be such a force if a team were willing to focus on him like tonite.

The good thing is they slowly been forcing it down to Kwame more. A few weeks ago, they'd glance his way, then a guard would do a x-over and get a charge like Hughes always does, or gun a perimeter shot. I've definitely noticed them at least trying to get it down to Kwame abit more lately, but there have been some games where they just cant seem to be able to do it.

One things for sure, watching the Wizards can be VERY frustrating :sour:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.