Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (12-28)
vs.
<font color=#0A324D>Indiana</font> <font color=#FFCF31>Pacers</font> (33-12)

7:00 PM on CSN
Indiana leads season series 1-0

Key Matchup: PF
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SF
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 107-96 <font color=#0A324D>I</font><font color=#FFCF31>N</font><font color=#0A324D>D</font>

Player of the Game

25 points (8-12 FG, 9-10 FT), 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 3 blocks, 37 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
vs. <font color=red>Portland</font> <font color=black>Trailblazers</font> (17-24)</center>

·
Registered
996 Posts
Vs one of the best road teamns in the NBA, the only chance we have to win this game is if Jarvis shoots well and we get the ball to Kwame.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In games like this, all I hope for is for our young guys to get heavy minutes and play well. A win would be fantastic, but it isn't realistic. I really hope JJ doesn't get heavy PF minutes in this game, as he'll be eaten alive by O'Neal.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kwame is most certainly our best (and only?) choice in terms of slowing O'Neal down. I'm hoping that we either bench JJ and start Haywood at center, or we at least put Kwame on O'Neal and just play JJ against Foster.

... and it looks like we're making a change, with Etan at PF. First time all season Kwame and Etan have started next to each other, and it's intersting how Etan is playing PF instead of center.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Kwame has really good defense, I hope he matches up with JO.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a great first quarter from us, we played very nice all around. However, despite what'll probably wind up being our best quarter of the game, we're only up by 2. We shot 13% better from the field and only had two TOs, but they're still right next to us.

Very nice play from a few guys: Haywood (4 points, 2 boards in 4 minutes), Kwame (4 points, 3 boards in 10 minutes) and Hughes (7 points on 3-6 FG).

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good lord, we are shooting a whopping 63% from the field at half time. I can't remember the last time we shot that percentage for a half of a quarter, let alone half of a game. The sad thing is that we're only up by 7, despite the Pacers shooting about 15% worse from the field with only 1 more free throw made. It almost doesn't seem possible.

Haywood was excellent in his limited time off the bench. He was scoring easily inside against tough defense from O'Neal. He didn't do much else besides score, but 10 first half points in 8 minutes makes me forgive his other play.

Knight continued his solid play with 8 points (3-5 FG) and 6 assists, while continuing to be a defensive pest.

Kwame also played a pretty good half, with 8 points (4-6 FG) and 4 rebounds.

Hughes had a non-existant second quarter after a fantastic first, he needs to play like he did in the first if we want to continue to lead in this game.

Dixon picked up Hughes' slack in the second, scoring 8 points on perfect 3-3 FG and 2-2 FT. Like Haywood, he did pretty much nothing outside of putting the ball in the basket, but I won't complain when he's shooting this percentage.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trade, cut, give up for expansion draft -- any of the many options :D

This game is turning out to be a pretty good one. The Pacers are hanging around in that 6-10 point range, which is scary because they could come back at any time. Kwame, Knight, and Blake are all playing very well tonight. It's 89-79 with 5:25 left in the 4th right now, and this would be great if we could pull it out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome games by Kwame and Blake. I dont care what anyone says, with gilbert back this team can definately make a run in the 2nd half of the season.

·
Registered
996 Posts
wiz, win, kwame plays great d against JO, and correct me if im worng, he has 25 which is his career high. i hope we have more of these games!

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Pretty impressive game all around.

You know, the other night (before the Boston game) I almost came on here and wondered aloud whether the Wiz and Kwame were kind of turning the corner.

I figured as soon as I did that though, they'd go out and stink up the joint, so I didn't.

Turns out they went out and sucked anyway :). But the cool thing is, they bounce right back tonight with a huge win. That's pretty damn impressive.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Pretty impressive game all around.

You know, the other night (before the Boston game) I almost came on here and wondered aloud whether the Wiz and Kwame were kind of turning the corner.

I figured as soon as I did that though, they'd go out and stink up the joint, so I didn't.

Turns out they went out and sucked anyway :). But the cool thing is, they bounce right back tonight with a huge win. That's pretty damn impressive.
Ha the funny thing, I was going to post a prediction that Kwame would have a career game against the Celtics. Their weak front line just seemed ripe for the picking, but then I held back. Looks like I was a game early :D

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
thank god laettner was born to virgin mary and that he is back into the NBA after that minor incident with his praying powder. he lifted us to that win with 2 points and 1 assist. he should of played 8x the amount of time he did so he could pour in a triple double.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts