Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (13-30)
vs.
<font color=#007AAD>Orlando</font> <font color=black>Magic</font> (12-34)

7:00 PM on WB
Orlando leads season series 2-0

Key Matchup: SG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: BG
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 100-104 <font color=#007AAD>O</font><font color=black>R</font><font color=#007AAD>L</font>

Player of the Game

20 points (8-13 FG, 4-7 3P), 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 26 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
vs. <font color=#48286C>Phoenix</font> <font color=#FFBC1E>Suns</font> (17-30)</center>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
haha, this is going to be a boooooooring game without T-Mac and Hughes.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shonin</b>!
haha, this is going to be a boooooooring game without T-Mac and Hughes.
They have Shammond Williams who can shoot realy good, he killed us last time shooting :curse:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
T-mac is gonna play tonight, Sportscenter said he is expected to play damnit.:sigh:

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Tell Coach Eddie, if your player goes off for 30, you let him start. Im sure you Wiz fans would rather see Dixon scoring like a maniac and stealing balls than Hughes shooting like himself (4/13,6/18,7/22, etc.).

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Looks like Kwame's having another good game, 15 pts and 15 rebs. JJ and Dixon with 12 pts a piece too. Hughes and Hayes are a combined 3-18 FG's. :dead:

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Its quite obvious in my mind that Dixon is the better player between the two. Hughes just isnt good at any one thing.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I hate larry hughes. Why does he keep shooting when hes missing? why doesnt EJ pull him and at least give Dixon those shots? why right after he just came back from injury is he taking these shots? why didnt EJ look to Kwame more the 2nd half? they didnt even look his way.

ughhh.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Juan Dixon:

26 min 8-13 FG 4-7 3 PT 0-0 FT 0 3 REB 3 AST 1 TO 1 BLK 20 PTS

Larry Hughes:

34 min 5-17 FG 1-4 3 PT 10-10 FT 4 REB 3 AST 3 TO 2 STL 21 PTS

It looks like one of these guys is going to hafta be traded. Dixon, IMO, is the better player and more teams will be interested in him because he commands a lesser salary. I, as a Nets and Terps die-hard fan, would LOVE to have Dixon on my team.

·
Registered
996 Posts
juan is the king of the 2nd half. 104-100 magic, we could've pulled off a win here, but the poor defense in the 1st half killed us. It was either poor defense or the magic were on fire... i couldn't watch the game.

Kwame needs to get a little more consistent throughout the game. he scored 15 in the 1st half, and 0 in the 2nd.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NorthEast Wiz</b>!
A BCH DOOM prediction means a win for the Wiz! Watch and see.
Ha, not this time. I think the Magic have the answer to that for some reason. It might work on other teams.

I was extremely disappointed in how we handled McGrady tonight. We needed to be more physical with him, and force him to take tougher shots. Too many times we gave him little taps that gave him the basket and the foul. If Laettner or Braggs are not going to play, then put one of them out there to put McGrady down. If it doesn't work this game, then maybe it will work next game. This team needs to stand up for itself in the paint. Playing hard, but like little girls, is not going to get it done.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hey I like Juan too, but he's nowhere near as good as Larry Hughes. Hughes can get to the ft line, and he's just as good of a shooter as Juan, he's also way more athletic, can rebound, and play defense. Larry's been injured the last two games, no reason for anyone to judge him by these two particular games. Juan is the ultimate black hole, he's out there to shoot and do nothing else.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
CL8 pulls down a double-double when he comes back from his suspension and then after that he gets NO playing time? what is wrong with EJ? CL8 is a better option than Jeffries, who actually didn't have a bad night but still, CL8 has got the experience and height and i think that what we were missing today. the magic had a lot of offensive rebounds.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We really stopped going to Kwame in the second half. He didn't make much of his few opportunities, but after his excellent first half, I think he deserved a few more touches in the second.

You aren't going to beat Orlando if McGrady goes off <i>and</i> Howard/Gooden/Strickland combine for 21-29 shooting. That was a combination of weak defense (way, way too many open midrange jumpers) and them just flat out being hot. Frankly, I'm surprised it was as close as it was with them playing like they did.

Dixon has now scored in double figures in five of six games, and we really should try to find some sort of consistent minute scheme for him. I know our coaching staff isn't really the best at doing that with any players, but until he starts playing poorly, Dixon should be getting major minutes at SG. We're far from an offensive juggernaut, and any player that can put points on the board is someone who deserves court time on our team.

I always rip on Hughes, so I'll just say that the things I usually say apply tonight. A hot four minute stretch in the fourth quarter isn't going to make me ignore the dud he put up during the rest of the game. His injury is no excuse -- if it's going to make him play that poorly, then he should be sitting. A suggestion I made earlier in the year that I think we should do is start Dixon over him, if only for one game, to send Hughes a message. If he's not going to hit shots, then he shouldn't take shots. I'm definitely not advocating giving Dixon his job (our backcourt would just be too small), but a quick benching will hopefully send a message to Hughes.

Very nice game from JJ tonight. He was his usual active self, but this time he actually put some stats on the board to go along with that. I really wish we could see this kind of game out of him more often.

I liked both of our DNPCDs tonight. Braggs is an okay player, but we shouldn't have him in the game like we did in the past couple unless we are really deep in foul trouble. I don't believe for a second that Laettner will be with us past the year, so there's no reason to play him either when we have young guys like JJ, Kwame, and Etan who play his position. Hopefully there'll be more 0 minute games for these two.

Does anyone remember when Hayes was a viable offensive option? It seems like so long ago ...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Was at the game last night and couldn't believe Kwame was pretty much left out of the offense after his great start.
Also - could we borrow Amare for a couple days to teach Kwame & JJ how to finish around the basket? Drives me crazy when they won't go up strong and throw it down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts