Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td width="20"><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><center>5 - 1</center></td><td width="20">
</td><td><center>5 - 2
</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>

7:00 PM on CSN

Season series tied 0 - 0

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: SF -

</center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>PPG</center></td><td width="34">26.7
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>RPG</center></td><td width="34">4.3
</td><td width="50"><center>APG</center></td><td width="34">3.7
</td><td width="50"><center>SPG</center></td><td width="34">1.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td><td width="50"><center>BPG</center></td><td width="34">0.9
</td><td width="50"><center>MPG</center></td><td width="34">36.9</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
it's larry hughes time. hopefully we show them that we're a much better team

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Time to prove that Hughes was a product of the system.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impossible to predict a loss after the last two games, especially the Spurs one. Obviously we're going to lose at some point, but until we do, I'll be predicting nothing but wins.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8-0 start four minutes in. All of our points have come in the paint, including a very sweet reverse layup from Haywood. Cleveland hasn't even been close on any of their shots, they're way off to open things up. Hope we continue to take advantage.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was definitely an up and down half -- a little up followed by a lot of down followed by a little up. End result sees us down by three at the half, though considering the poor offensive showing by Arenas, I say that isn't too bad. Z did nothing on their end though, so we weren't the only one missing out.

- Jamison: 12 points (5-13 FG, 1-3 3P, 1-2 FT), 8 rebounds, 1 steal

- Arenas: 9 points (2-10 FG, 1-4 3P, 4-7 FT), 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

- Haywood: 7 points (3-5 FG, 1-2 FT), 3 rebounds, 1 block

On a side note, is it just me or is Jamison usually a lot more impressive in the first half? Like right now he has 12/8, and I could easily see him finishing the game with 19/11. Not that there's anything wrong with 19/11 -- I just agree with the announcers that Jamison is a quick starter.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
We gotta FINISH in the second half! I know Gil and Larry are still friends, but he's gotta be irked that Larry made some nice plays on him in the first half...look for a big half from Arenas!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This game just has a really bad feel to it. I mean it's not even halfway into the third and we're only down six, but every time I look at the scoreboard I say "How are we as close as we are?" If there were no scoreboard, I'd assume Cleveland was leading by somewhere in the mid-teens. I think this one ends either a) a blowout in Cleveland's favor, or b) a last minute win by us where everyone thinks we completely stole it.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I mentioned it in my earlier post, but since it looks like I didn't: it's not as if Cleveland is playing all that spectacular themselves. I think it just feels like we're playing so much worse because for the past two games, the team has been playing at more or less its very highest level.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
man we blew it. there has to be more support for gil

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While this certainly has knocked me off the high of the Spurs win, in reality, there are worse things than losing a road game to a 5-2 team. Let's shuffle this one quickly behind, next game is on national TV, got to impress!

·
Registered
502 Posts
The Wizards are loaded and deep. Obviously, G.A. is an all-star talent who struggled tonight. And JAmison and HAywood played like monsters tonight. But the Cavaliers are loaded and deep too this year. And the Cavs are extremely tough to beat at home. Hughes is still finding his niche on this team, but he has already made a big difference. The new GM brought in good talent, and the new coach is getting Cleveland to focus on the Defensive side of the floor. Hughes was motivated to play well in his first game against his old buddies too.

Good luck to the Wizards in the rest of the season.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
If you guys made you're FT's this game would have been a lot more interesting. It was a closer game then the final score indicates

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I don't think it was a close game at all. the Wizards played a terrible all-around game. defense was lacking and offense was ugly. the Cavs played great behind LeBron.

how many and 1's did the Wizards give up? at least 6-7.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I read on some earlier threads about Larry how he was once again and I quote "meek". Some of you people crack me up. When he played in Washington, he was an all-star, part of the big three, etc. He leaves and all of the sudden the guy is a dog. Comparing numbers with Caron, etc.

Let me tell ya, they love him in Ohio! He is learning the system well and learning his teammates. He is only scoring 15ppg but taking only 11 shots or so. He knows who the star is. Last two games however he has stepped up to the tune of 22 ppg, 8.5 dimes, and 4rpg's. Plus, the team is 6-2 in good part to his great all-around play.

He loved his teammates in Washington especially Gil. But it was the time for him to sign his big contract and a chance to play with perhaps (time will tell) another legend.

As a former Washingtonian (and HUGE Skins fan), I will continue to pull for Gil and the boys. Give Larry his due and can the poison. He played his *** off there, is a class act and a helluva teammate.

2,290 Posts
Well i know i already sparked the other thread by saying Hughes was great, but i'll spark this one if i have too. Hughes is not product of the system, you guys didnt have a system you had one good year, and he improved every year in Washington, thats the player, not the system.

He is getting used to Cleveland, the coach, the players. And like the post above says, everyone in Cleveland loves his effort. Going from Ira Newble anything is an upgrade. But if Lebron can sit chunks of minutes and Larry can take over a game, and then when bron comes back Larry can gladly step aside and be his side kick, i'd say all the millions+ were worth it.

This is taking nothing from your team at all, you got a great team. Maybe not to much size downlow, but you can run the floor and score with the best of them. Best of luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts