Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td width="20"><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><center>5 - 2</center></td><td width="20">
</td><td><center>3 - 4
</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>

7:00 PM on TNT

Season series tied 0 - 0

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PF -

</center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>PPG</center></td><td width="34">21.3
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>RPG</center></td><td width="34">9.7
</td><td width="50"><center>APG</center></td><td width="34">5.4
</td><td width="50"><center>SPG</center></td><td width="34">1.6</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td><td width="50"><center>BPG</center></td><td width="34">1.6
</td><td width="50"><center>MPG</center></td><td width="34">40.4</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
wow kg's and antawn's stats are nearly identical

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timberwolves are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league this season, says NBA.com. That should certainly be a nice thing for us, since giving up rebounds is one of our biggest weaknesses. They're not the greatest team in the world, but they're still pretty solid, and a road win on national television against them would be a nice little booster for the team.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
it's at T'Wolves, but I still think we win. Arenas rarely has two bad games in a row. I expect our guards to light it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Timberwolves VS Wizards

i think the wizards can get up in this one. after beating the spurs im confident. Wolves have a small back court.
What's your opinion?

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say it's pretty possible. So far only two of seven games have combined for less, and none in the last four. And on average, Wizards games go for an average of 196 PPG.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Down at half by 10.

This is not what I expected. It seems like when Arenas isn't shooting great we don't try as hard on either side of the court. KG and Wally are messing us up. They are making our opponents FG% sky rocket. They already have 30 points together in the 1st half.

If we want to win this game will need Arenas or Jamison to catch fire with the help of some GOOD defense.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was one terrible second quarter. Garnett ripped us to shreds, which might be survivable if we didn't let the rest of the team do the same. Minnesota is not a good scoring or rebounding team, but they've got 57 points at the half and are whipping us on the boards to the tune of +11. I still don't doubt our ability to win, but we have to play at least as good as we did in the first the rest of the way to do so.

- Arenas: 12 points (4-9 FG, 2-3 3P, 2-2 FT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists

- Jamison: 10 points (4-10 FG, 2-3 3P), 2 steals

- Daniels: 6 points (1-3 FG, 4-4 FT), 2 rebounds, 2 assists

- Etan: 6 points (3-5 FG), 3 rebounds

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be getting depressed on defense if I were out on the floor. Minnesota is making a lot of shots I get the feeling they'd normally miss, and even when they do miss, they get the offensive rebound more often than not. It's got to be frustrating for the guys, and it's showing with a lot of rushed shots on offense.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
WOW arenas with 2 straight 3 pointer lets see if he can do more of that in the 4th quarter.

Wiz will win if Garnett has on off night because he is only player on Minny that plays hard.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back up to double digits with six minutes left. I think our offense is able to make up that deficit, but I don't think our defense can play its part. I'd be pretty (and pleasantly) surprised if we can find our way out of this hole.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Sigh, until we beat an above average team on the road I do not think we can be considered a threat in the East. Garnett manhandled us and we couldn't stop him. All Haywood and Etan can do is hang over people's backs and block shots. They don't know how to stay with their man. Ruffin is a decent defender, but not big enough to guard PF' and C's like KG.

We need to beat New Jersey to get back on the right track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts