Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td width="20"><center>vs</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><center>5 - 4</center></td><td width="20">
</td><td><center>6 - 5
</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>

7:00 PM on NC8

Season series tied 0 - 0

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: C -

</center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>PPG</center></td><td width="34">16.3
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>RPG</center></td><td width="34">14.0
</td><td width="50"><center>APG</center></td><td width="34">1.7
</td><td width="50"><center>SPG</center></td><td width="34">1.6</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td><td width="50"><center>BPG</center></td><td width="34">3.4
</td><td width="50"><center>MPG</center></td><td width="34">34.5</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Camby is having a monster year. And with how bad out rebounding is I have no doubt he will have a monster night against us too.

I expect a loss. Four in a row. :dead:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
man it would suck to go from 5-1 to 5-5

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a little sad that in a season where Camby is putting up those kind of numbers, I expect him to have one of the best games he'll have all year. As much as I want to call a win to end the streak, this definitely doesn't feel like a team we're going to beat.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Well atleast both DC teams will be 5-5 :dead:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Wizards can pull out a win; especially since Denver is not playing their best ball right now. A road win has to come from somewhere. The Nuggets should win the battle of the boards but Arenas will give the Nuggets problems all night. This is also a test for Jamison who goes up against one of the best low post defenders in the NBA in Martin. I also think the Wizards have the bodies to make it tough night for Anthony with a combination of Butler and Jeffries thrown at him.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
K-Mart is likely out tonight according to 980!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
K-Mart probably will NOT play. :(

However, if your rebounding is as suspect as you make it sound (haven't seen a Wiz game this year yet), then Denver has the edge, as well as a deeper bench, to help us get a W...I hope. :)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
After a slow start in the 1st quarter, the Wiz fought back to be down only 4 at half. Arenas has 19 points and 7 assists afer two quarters. Looks like another big game from him.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
we lose again. I am going to pin this one mainly on EJ. How the hell does he not play Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood nearly the whole fourth quarter. That's disgusting. Also that last play for the Arenas three is so predictable that anyone can sniff it out. I am sick and tired of Eddie Jordan. Fire him immediately

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Boykins is the Wizards killer, so is Camby. The last play was so predictable, its not even funny.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had to drive home today, just arrived as the game started, and I was very much in and out of the whole thing. Sadly, I was more out in the later part of the game, so I can't comment too much on the way we lost the game. What I can say:

- As soon as the final play saw Camby switch onto Arenas, I knew we were lost. Camby didn't have to fear a drive at all, so he totally knew how to defend the much smaller player.

- I rather like the idea of Hayes starting, as well as Daniels coming off the bench. The biggest benefit of the move? We don't have to play Atkins any more. With both Arenas and Daniels starting, there were times where both would be out and we'd be forced to get Atkins into the game. With Daniels coming off the bench, we ensure that we never will run into that situation again. I also believe that Hayes plays much better as a starter and that Daniels is fine with coming off the bench, so my guess is that this move is a win all around.

- It's becoming a sick joke how few minutes Caron is playing. Only 21 in this game, which is 15 fewer than he should be playing. EJ, this is as bad as when you spent the first third of last season benching Haywood in favor of Ruffin during 4th quarters.

- Nice work from Arenas and Jamison. I don't think we lose too many games where they both play as solid as they did in this one.

- The loss hurts, sending us to .500 after a 5-1 start, but I'm not upset with the game. We played a pretty good team close and didn't fall apart at any point, something we have made a habit of doing in this skid. We have an easy schedule the rest of the month, only one of four against a playoff-level team, so we're in a good position to still finish the opening month a few games over .500.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts