Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td width="20"><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><center>5 - 5</center></td><td width="20">
</td><td><center>3 - 6
</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>

7:00 PM on CSN

Washington leads season series 1 - 0

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PF -

</center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>PPG</center></td><td width="34">15.7
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>RPG</center></td><td width="34">12.7
</td><td width="50"><center>APG</center></td><td width="34">1.3
</td><td width="50"><center>SPG</center></td><td width="34">0.6</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td><td width="50"><center>BPG</center></td><td width="34">1.7
</td><td width="50"><center>MPG</center></td><td width="34">37.1</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Orlando injury notes:

- Francis has missed practice the past two days with a shoulder injury, but wants to play in the game. He says he's feeling sore but good enough to go.

- Stevenson injured his knee in practice on Monday, good chance he won't be playing tonight. Dooling, coming off a career high 22 points, is the likely replacement in the starting lineup.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Does anyone notice that Haywood REALLY sucks at rebounding? He gets terrible position and his hands can't grab balls away from other rebounders. All he's good for is the occasional block and dunk. I hate to say it, but if you think about it Etan does everything Haywood does and rebounds better.

And look at Atkins getting in it with a nice steal and pass to Jamison who couldn't finish although he got fouled.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
AJM said:
Does anyone notice that Haywood REALLY sucks at rebounding? He gets terrible position and his hands can't grab balls away from other rebounders. All he's good for is the occasional block and dunk. I hate to say it, but if you think about it Etan does everything Haywood does and rebounds better.

And look at Atkins getting in it with a nice steal and pass to Jamison who couldn't finish although he got fouled.
I disagree with your thoughts on Haywood. I think Haywood is a big presence in the middle. I guess he doesn't always box out, but he always seems to clog up a ton of space and has great reach. Etan is kinda hit or miss....maybe shoot him up with some adrenaline before the game. Plus Etan has no offensive game to speak of where Haywood can get those dunks rolling to the basket and his jump hook ain't too shabby.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
One on One said:
I disagree with your thoughts on Haywood. I think Haywood is a big presence in the middle. I guess he doesn't always box out, but he always seems to clog up a ton of space and has great reach. Etan is kinda hit or miss....maybe shoot him up with some adrenaline before the game. Plus Etan has no offensive game to speak of where Haywood can get those dunks rolling to the basket and his jump hook ain't too shabby.
Haywood does have a good jump hook. Thing is he doesn't use it. He takes a terrible fadaway or gets it stripped because he exposes it too much. And just because he takes up space doesn't mean he rebounds well. In fact it's quite the opposite. He's wide open for a rebound and he doesn't hustle and it gets taken away from him.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a horrible game that was. We got down 11-1, and basically played even the rest of the way. Now, we're going to have to play great just to finish the month at .500. Very sad indeed.

(Note: my access will be very sporadic through Sunday evening, so sorry for the short post(s)).

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hey MJG. check your PM's

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I actually watched portions of this game; the Wizards had a few good plays with good ball movement but the shots were not falling tonight. I think Butler needs to start but in the long term the Wizards need another consistent outside shooter aside from Arenas. I found it interesting that Blatche is activated, it would be interesting to see if he gets ANY playing time just simply to use his size to help on the boards; a few minutes here and there would be interesting to see if he has any ability to hustle.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Am I the only person here who thinks Eddie Jordan is a problem and needs to be fired as quickly as possible? This team could be atleast two wins better, but because of Jordan's stupidity, they are currently a game under five hundred

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The team could also be worse and it is a long season and the Wizards are still searching for an identity. I think Jordan is now putting a greater emphasis on defense. Also, as much of you want to bash him, Hughes was the 2nd best player on this team last year; they are still finding an identity. If this losing streak continues long enough, Jordan may find himself looking for a job. Then again, I think coaching is overrated and the players on the court have to make the plays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts