Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td width="20"><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><center>6 - 6</center></td><td width="20">
</td><td><center>4 - 9
</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>

7:30 PM on CSN

Season series tied 0 - 0

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PF -

</center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>PPG</center></td><td width="34">13.6
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>RPG</center></td><td width="34">9.4
</td><td width="50"><center>APG</center></td><td width="34">1.1
</td><td width="50"><center>SPG</center></td><td width="34">1.0</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td><td width="50"><center>BPG</center></td><td width="34">1.3
</td><td width="50"><center>MPG</center></td><td width="34">33.3</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I feel a loss. I think we'll have a letdown after last nite

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
This is going to be tough. We played a lot of minutes last night and then had to hop on a plane for Charlotte, who is a young & energetic team. We have to come out focused. I think we lose, unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The Wizards are a young energetic team as well. Arenas, Butler, Hayes, Jeffries, and Haywood are all 25 and younger (Haywood turns 26 tomorrow). Daniels and Atkins did not play major minutes anyways. Jamison is the only one who will be sore but aside from last year, he is generally durable.

Also Charlotte is coming off a tough 1 point loss on the road against Boston. Pierce's game winning shot may be emotionally draining for them. Hopefully, the Pistons victory is a start of a winning streak.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was just a horrible loss. I don't care about the team being tired or whatever, they were just terrible tonight.

Outside of Haywood showing some life after a few invisible games, there wasn't a thing that could be viewed as a bright spot. Jamison was solid, but wasn't hitting shots. Arenas has been fantastic or terrible in most every game so far, not much in between; no question which one of the two he was tonight. Why did we pay Caron $9 million a year to have him sit on the bench? Daniels has looked sluggish and uninterested since we started losing. What was the deal with Atkins playing 31 minutes? Dixon had a good game every now and then too, we didn't throw him out there for double his max playing time the next night.

Man, it's a looong time 'til Wednesday. Team's really going to be dwelling on this one.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Atkins played relatively well. I'm getting down on Jarvis Hayes who seemed reliable off the bench but has no offensive game. Butler is not starting because his defense is not great; Gerald Wallace should not have that great of a game. Plus Gilbert is nursing a bad knee, and when he is off, it's hard to win with this team.

It appears they are working Butler in as a 2 guard. I'm wondering if it was a mistake to get Daniels, even if he is the only good perimeter defender we have on this team.

The Wizards got a split on a back to back on the road; just the other way most people thought it would happen. Let's see how they respond at home against the Blazers.

One positive from the night is that Blatche got some playing time. He looked like a rookie but he also had a bucket and 2 rebounds. Hopefully he will become a significant player in a year or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts