Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td width="20"><center>vs</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><center>6 - 7</center></td><td width="20">
</td><td><center>5 - 8
</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>

7:00 PM on CSN

Season series tied 0 - 0

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: SF -

</center><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>PPG</center></td><td width="34">18.6
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td width="34">
</td><td width="50"><center>RPG</center></td><td width="34">5.8
</td><td width="50"><center>APG</center></td><td width="34">2.6
</td><td width="50"><center>SPG</center></td><td width="34">1.5</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
</td><td width="50"><center>BPG</center></td><td width="34">1.3
</td><td width="50"><center>MPG</center></td><td width="34">38.6</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Portland got whalloped by Philly tonight, more or less letting four guys do them in. Looking things over, we should be able to duplicate:

- Iverson lead the way with a big 38/8/3 game on 60% shooting. While Arenas may not quite match that level of play, if he plays up the level of his previous home games, we could easily see 30/3/7 on 50% shooting. Close enough.

- Webber played that secondary role, chipping in 16/15. Throw another half dozen points onto that, and you've got a Jamison box score.

- Korver played that third scorer role from the starting lineup, kicking in 16 points of his own on just under 50% shooting. Much like Arenas, Hayes plays better at home - averages suggest we'll get 11/4 on near 50% shooting from him.

- Off the bench, Philly got a big boost from Salmons, chiming in with 13 points on a solid 6-13 from the field. Continuing the trend of home versus road, Caron puts up a very excellent 17/5/3 on 53% from the field.

So if the averages hold up, we'll have the big gun, the solid secondary, the third supporter, and the spark off the bench needed to duplicate Philly's 24 point drubbing. Or at least, after the pathetic outing last time, we can only hope.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I hear Ruben Patterson might not play tonight.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is one of those games where I'll say "I don't like making too much of any single game, but this one means a lot." This is a home game against a lower-tier team, which determines whether we finish the opening month at .500 or two games under. In reality that's only a difference of one game, but mentally, it looks so much better.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
This team plays wayyyy too loose, you would like to see some intensity with how the team has been playing lately but everybody just seems to be going through the motions as if it the games mean nothing.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, we're just hard to watch most nights, including this one. It's tough to picture us having won any games outside of sheer luck with how low our lows are.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Scattered boos for Dixon?? Our fans are stupid. It was mostly cheers, yet, but I could hear more than a few fans booing him. I rooted against Dixon hard in college being a Duke fan, hated it when the Wiz drafted him, but he did nothing wrong in DC. So fans are gonna boo cause he left where he could get some more PT? Our fans are stupid. Also I hear Buck talking about how Hughes was booed in the pre-season game although I didn't see that one. Why boo Hughes?? Our fans are acting like idiots.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Three straight plays, three straight times Portland finds Przybilla wide open under the basket. At least the third time someone was close enough to foul him so he didn't get yet another wide open layup :whatever:

The score isn't all that bad, with us more or less spending the whole game down somewhere between 2-8 points, but the actual play is just not good.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a random note, what has happened to Daniels? I thought he was quietly brilliant the first few games of the season, but lately, he's been no better than Atkins. Comes in the game and basically does nothing outside of bricking a couple of shots. It'd be a great boost if he would start giving the 10/5 with sharp passing that he's capable of.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We spent the first several minutes of the fourth quarter running a lineup of Atkins, Daniels, Caron, Jeffries, and Etan. Even EJ's strongest supporters can't begin to defend that.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
why can't we start daniels instead? maybe that's what daniels needs...some confidence

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Daniels played well with Seattle coming off the bench; it could be that injury resurfacing or midseason slumps from the new system. Either way, it appears like Hayes had a good game so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
arenas and daniels in the backcourt is a good combo. I am pretty sure that Daniels left Seattle to start not to come off the bench. Maybe if he started, his confidence will become higher and we cna finally slide Arenas to the 2. btw Ej's lineups are wack ****.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Looks like the Wiz shot lousily from the field and won theis game from the free throw line. those 21 offensive rebounds sure helped, but when you shoot .375 as a team, it does not lead to alot of extra points. Still, good job toughing it out in the fourth quarter and winning the game. Congrats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts