1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Butler

vs

Dayton

Records: Butler (13-2, 1-0 A 10) / Dayton (10-5, 0-1 A 10)
Game Time: 2PM EST
TV: NBC Sports Network
Radio: Butler 1070AM / Dayton 95.7 FM 1290 AM
Websites: Butler / Dayton

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
SweaterVesters will be at a fever pitch. Many have waited their whole lives for this game @ home. Line is "pick 'em". Can't say I disagree. Archie needs to get the win. This will be a good one.

·
Banned
335 Posts
With the 6 wins away from home, Butler is 4th in the country

Marquette - neutral
North Carolina - neutral
Indiana - "neutral" (LOL)
Northwestern - away
Vanderbilt - away
St Joseph's - away

·
Registered
488 Posts
I know Butler is very battle tested, but this atmosphere will be insane. I think UD is due to put together a nice game at home and walks out with a win.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I know Butler is very battle tested, but this atmosphere will be insane. I think UD is due to put together a nice game at home and walks out with a win.
I would agree, but not sure who they have who can guard Rotnei and Moose.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I've learned to stop doubting Butler.

Those cats flat out get it done. Dayton is good, but Butler is great. Would be mildly surprised if they lose. They aren't #14 for no reason.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've learned to stop doubting Butler.

Those cats flat out get it done. Dayton is good, but Butler is great. Would be mildly surprised if they lose. They aren't #14 for no reason.
They have a serious nack for making the right play when it needs to be made. Its frustrating as hell to watch, and they aren't all that much fun to watch, but they just win.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I can't beleive I am out there saying this, but over the years UD has won its share of tough games against big time opponents at home. Granted, they have lost some of the ugliest games in the history of basketball at home as well. I love me some Butler and the fact that it appears we will be joined with BU going forward, just a feeling on this one.

I have two dollars and a bottle of Ale8 that says UD wins this game.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think UD wins too. Also, they can't afford to get into an 0-2 A10 hole.

·
Banned
335 Posts
If Butler is, in deed, able to pick up the win, things would be looking up. They'd only have 6 road games left all year and given the losses that have happened this week, I think you'd see two Top 10/12 teams for ESPN Game Day when Gonzaga travels to Butler in 8 days. The hype and atmosphere is/will be large for recruiting. Primary target (said to lead for) 2014 Top 50 SF Trevon Blueitt is one of many that will be in attendance.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
UD is fighting for their lives this Saturday. A win doesn't guarantee anything but a loss does, if you know what I mean. The game is a "red out" (ya, don't say it) and everyone gets a red rally towel, so 13K towels. Figure this atmosphere is gonna be like the Pitt game or some of the X games.

I have no prediction on this one. We beat #6 Pitt by 30 in an atmosphere like this. We've clobbered great X teams by 20+. We've also lost at home to Weber St. Who knows? Pick em is about right.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
I don't know that I would say UD is fighting for their season tomorrow. It's not quite that serious, too many games left to play... Xavier twice, at SLU and UMass, Temple and St Joe at home...all chances for wins that elevate you in the standings and bubble talk. I'm more worried about getting to 4-4 than 1-1. 4-4 in the first 8 gives them a reasonable chance to play their way into the tourney over the last 8 games.

An 0-2 week against VCU and Butler is not exactly something to panic over. Could really use a win, though, especially considering Butler's ranking. The arena will be rocking, which typically portends good things for the Flyers. We shall see.

Butler excels at taking away what they think will beat them, so it's going to take a total team performance to get the job done. Need Benson to play like a senior, and need all three key bench players (Robinson, Price, Derenbecker) to have good games. Have to pick up the two shooters in transition (off makes and misses), and the defensive rotations have to be on point like they were over the last 35 minutes of the Murray State game.

I don't like this matchup for UD. Butler can drag them into a half court game and never let UD speed it up. They also have quick trigger 3 point shooters, and UD tends to forget to cover shooters in transition.

·
Registered
950 Posts
SweaterVesters will be at a fever pitch. Many have waited their whole lives for this game @ home. Line is "pick 'em". Can't say I disagree. Archie needs to get the win. This will be a good one.
May I ask what you are talking about?
Our whole lives ????????

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
An 0-2 week against VCU and Butler is not exactly something to panic over.
I hope not because you are headed that way - It will not (nor should it be) the end of the world if you lose this one. You are in the same boat as us, you need to win 2 of those that you are not favord to win (Temple, SLU etc...) and hold serve where you are favored (No bad losses). Granted you are spnding one of your chances, but you still have plenty of time.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
This is the kind of game that UD normally really gets up for. And the crowd will rock at any moment in the game that they are allowed to. But Butler is as battle hardened as any team that has ever walked into UD Arena under these conditions. I predict a classic brawl, and I can see either pulling this out.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
"Smith scored a season-high 24 points in Wednesday's 72-66 victory at St. Joseph's. He was 8-of-15 against the Hawks' C.J. Aiken, the A-10's Defensive Player of the Year."

"Smith kind of had his way," St. Joseph's coach Phil Martelli said.

-Indystar

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Ya, I'm sure Butler fans are going to scream bloody murder on that foul. It was a hard foul but not dirty. Matt was clearly going for the block...problem is, both players only have a combined 12" vertical leap.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts