Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (14-33)
vs.
<font color=red>LA</font> <font color=blue>Clippers</font> (22-25)

7:00 PM on CSN

Key Matchup: PF
vs.

Matchup to Watch: SG
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 112-100 <font color=red>L</font><font color=blue>A</font><font color=red>C</font>

Player of the Game

23 points (7-12 FG, 3-3 3P, 6-8 FT), 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 38 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
@ <font color=#A81E38>Cleveland</font> <font color=#997A4F>Cavaliers</font> (19-30)</center>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally, a game I can watch live. It feels like it's been forever (last Friday) :D This also happens to be a matchup of my two favorite teams. I'm not a glutton for punishment though, I promise. I and most of my family are from the LA area, and they're mostly Laker fans. Just to be a pain, I've always rooted against the Lakers and for the Clippers.

Maggette sat out their game against the Celtics on Wednesday, so for our sake hopefully he misses this one as well. Richardson more than stepped up for him 36 points on 11-19 FG and 8-11 3P.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yesterday, though we lost, we looked really good, really really good. I think we will do very well in the 2nd half of the season if our bench players start playing like they usaully do.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I just hope Blake, Dixon, and Wilcox don't try to be so soft on each other:upset:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
I just hope Blake, Dixon, and Wilcox don't try to be so soft on each other:upset:
Would Blake and Dixon get playing time if they got drafted out of Duke

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MDTS and MCTS</b>!

Would Blake and Dixon get playing time if they got drafted out of Duke
Yes

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Despite reporting yesterday that Clippers' leading scorer Corey Maggette would be returning tonight against the Wizards, the Orange County Register and the Los Angeles Times are now saying that he will once again miss tonight's game and has targeted Sunday's game at New York. "During the season, there's nothing
Who knows?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Regardless.. Of whether or not Maggs play's, this should be one of the more exciting game's that my Clipps will play!.. Honestly.. I think whoever's backcourt play's the best will win.. Should be a helluva shootout.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're just over a minute into this game (10-0 us :D ), but I already feel like we're a 100% different team than a weak ago. I thought that the Memphis game was perhaps a bit of a fluke, but we're playing just the same to start this one. Tons of energy, very active and all over the place on defense, and pushing the ball up quickly. Stackhouse is looking really sharp, 9 points already on 4-4 shooting.

16-3 now with 8:45 left, and we look absolutely incredible. This has to be our best three minute stretch of the season, both in terms of play and excitement.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
god this is mass murder

I LIKE IT!!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the second half of the quarter wasn't as nice as the first. We had 25 points at the 5:40 mark, and finished the quarter with 35. The Clippers went on something like a 21-10 run to end it. We had a 22 point lead at one point, but by the end of the quarter the score was 35-24.

Still a great quarter overall from us though. Arenas and Stackhouse really brought it with 11 points apiece and a combined 8-9 shooting from the field. No one else did anything major, but no one really played poorly either.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All in all, probably our best half of the season. We're up 64-51, and we did an excellent job of not blowing our major lead. While we were up 22 in the early going, the Clips cut it down as low as 6 -- we fought back though to get it up to double digits. This is the type of thing that we'd really have trouble doing earlier in the season, but Arenas and Stackhouse kept up the pressure.

Our big three all had excellent first halves, and Kwame chipped in as well with 6 points and 3 boards. (though overall it was one of his weaker showings in recent weeks). Stackhouse lead the way with 19 points on 6-9 FG, 3-3 3P, and 4-4 FT. He played the all around game well, also adding 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals. He might not be totally 100% yet, I'm not sure, but he looks as good as ever out there.

Arenas also played a fantastic half, scoring 17 on 6-10 FG and 4-4 FT. He added 3 rebounds and 3 assists, though that assist total is a bit deceiving; his penetration and vision helped us a great deal more than the stats show. Hughes pulled up the rear, but still had a very good 10 points on 5-10 FG. He continued to show that he's one of the better rebounding guards in the league with 5 in the first half, along with 2 assists and a steal.

Two negatives from the first half: giving up offensive boards and Jared Jeffries. The main reason they are as close as they is their 14 offensive rebounds, double our 7. They converted a lot of those boards, and we could easily be up by 20+ if we slowed them down here. As for Jeffries, he just looked awful out there. Pitiful defense, a lot of standing around on offense, and just generally being invisible on the court. In 8 minutes, he managed 1 point and 1 rebound -- Hayes managed as much in only one minute of play. He better step things up soon, or he'll find his already low minutes reduced quickly.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We pulled it out after they gave us a big scare. All five starters were in double figures, and <b>four</b> of them scored 20+ :eek: If our bench can get things together (only 10/112 points tonight), watch out.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
best defensive game of the season in my opinion if not the best overall game. had some key steals in the last minute with 2 being back-to-back(one was by kwame :laugh: ). looks like the wizards everyone expected them to look like except kwame and hughes have greatly improved and now make them even more better. and we shot great at the charity stripe tonight so overall, one of the best games of the season.

if laettner played then it would of been a slaughter to watch, but EJ wouldn't want that.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Arenas/Hughes/Stack/Kwame certainly look like the next big thing in the East. I honestly believe that nobody in the Eastern Conference has more firepower than we do. When we get out on the break, we are clearly the FASTEST team in the league.

At the start of the season, we had Arenas and Stack, two great players. But ironically enough, thanks to injuries, we now have 4 great players. Arenas/Hughes/Stack/Kwame....that's a tough matchup for any team in the league.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
holy crap...great game...dangerous combo of gil/hughes/stack/kwame. i still like dixon and wish he would play more but obviously we're a bit deep...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts