Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (15-33)
vs.
<font color=#A81E38>Cleveland</font> <font color=#997A4F>Cavaliers</font> (19-31)

7:00 PM on CSN
Cleveland leads season series 2-1

Key Matchup: SG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: PF
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 106-88 <font color=#A81E38>C</font><font color=#997A4F>L</font><font color=#A81E38>E</font>

Player of the Game

26 points (8-15 FG, 4-6 3P, 6-8 FT), 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 41 minutes

NBA.com Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
@ <font color=#C7974D>Philadelphia</font> <font color=red>76ers</font> (21-29)</center>

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i'm getting tired of this cleveland team. i think i've memorized all their plays by watching them play the wizards.

anyways, we will win. we have our starting line healthy and the cavs hardly can beat us when we had our best players injured.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>shonin</b>!
i'm getting tired of this cleveland team. i think i've memorized all their plays by watching them play the wizards.

anyways, we will win. we have our starting line healthy and the cavs hardly can beat us when we had our best players injured.
Heh this should be it, our 4th and final meeting with them. We should really try to grab the win here. If we compete for the playoffs, like a few people here think, then this could very well end up a tiebreaker game with the Cavs (who also could compete for the playoffs). While I personally don't think that'll come up, you never know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the Wiz have gotta attack the Cavs just like they did against the Clippers ... They can't come out of the gate flat b/c Lebron and the rest of the cavs will take advantage of the crowd's energy and make it another uphill battle for the Wiz ... Cleveland gets majority of their wins @ home (13 of their 19 wins) so you know that they'll come out to play especially w/ losing to Minnesota last night ... I'm expecting the big three of Arenas/Hughes/Stack to have another big game ... Cleveland is still a young team and hopefully the team can come out w/ the same defense intensity of last night and the Wiz can come out of there w/ a win ... GO WIZ!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm not sure the Cavs will be able to stop our surging offense and they won't be able to score enough points.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I think Stackhouse is just gonna abuse Eric Williams.
Larry Hughes is going to have a shoot out with Lebron.
Gilbert is going to mess with Wagner or who ever the starter is
Kwame is going to have a rebound battle with BooZ.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
You guys have to realize that we now have the most firepower in the East, we have one of the if not the best offense in the Eastern Conference. I can easily see us averaging 100ppg a game for the rest of the season.

Cavs are a tough defensive team, but can they really contain all 3 of our perimeter players? And do they have enough firepower to even outscore us? I see us winning unless Lebron goes off for 40 and Boozer has a huge game.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
The game is Wizards', should LeBron and Boozer decide to not show up and play.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are darn lucky to be down by only 4 after the first, 31-27. Our defense was flat out lousy for pretty much the entire quarter. Luckily Stackhouse continued his strong play (10 points on 3-6 FG, 3-5 FT) and Haywood had yet another strong opening quarter (10 points on 5-6 FG, 4 rebounds).

Hughes is missing the rest of the game with a strained wrist. We need the remaining three members of the big four to step up their play, especially Arenas (0 points, 0-1 FG).

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once again, at the half, we're lucky that the Cavs aren't beating us by a lot more than the 3 that they're up right now, 48-45. No one outside of Haywood (10 points on 5-8 FG, 8 rebounds) is having a really great game, while it seems that most everyone on their side is. The Cavs must be doing something really wrong that I've missed, because I would guess that they were up 12-13 points if I couldn't view the scoreboard.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Atleast we held Lebron to only 10 points

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a great, great 3rd quarter for us. We were average at best in the first, but the third was fantastic. Arenas tore it up with 15 points in the quarter and 23 total for the game. He's got 5 assists and 3 steals too, and is getting tons of fouls on the Cavs with his drives.

Stackhouse started playing better after a lackluster 2nd quarter, with 6 points in the quarter and a couple of nice passes. Haywood had a couple of early baskets, and Kwame is playing even with Boozer with his 10 points (+1) and 6 boards (even). Dixon has also been a boon off the bench, with 4-6 shooting and just general hustle play.

We're up 76-63 to start the 4th, we need to make sure we keep up the 3rd quarter play and not revert back to the first half play.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Arenas is showing his leadership and his heart, lose Hughes? No problem, Arenas has got your back.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Kwame is officially not the worst #1 pick overall of all time :D

·
Registered
996 Posts
11 assists from stackhouse!!!! he must've just doubled the amount he's had in his career!! lol jk. but it's nice to see assists from him, i was afraid he'd take over too much but it seems he's really good with the offense! i think this game has convinced me we have a good shot at playoffs

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twinz2gether</b>!
11 assists from stackhouse!!!! he must've just doubled the amount he's had in his career!! lol jk. but it's nice to see assists from him, i was afraid he'd take over too much but it seems he's really good with the offense! i think this game has convinced me we have a good shot at playoffs
are you kidding me? his career assist average is 4.1 apg. while he was on the 76'ers and Pistons he led them in assists ranging from 2.8 to 5.3 apg. he's actually an amazing passer, but his ability to score kind of overlaps that skill.

like i said before, the starting line-up for the wizards is nice. they are all scoring in double figures(minus hughes this game) and are playing great defense. haywood has come out and surprised me with some burst of scoring, rebounding, and blocks. juan also came out and showed a lot of effort. even jeffries made me open my eyes when he had the ball. but then again, laettner never got in and i think he is having a tough time liking the new coach. one of the best college players of all time and he's sitting on the bench. bad EJ, bad.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I like how Jeffries used the headband to cover his huge bump on his head.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts