Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (22-46)
vs.
<font color=red>Miami</font> <font color=black>Heat</font> (31-37)

4:00 PM on CSN
Miami leads season series 3-0

Key Matchup: PG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: PF
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 81-101 <font color=red>M</font><font color=black>I</font><font color=red>A</font>

Player of the Game

21 points (8-12 FG, 5-7 3P), 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 25 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
9:00 PM on NC8
@ <font color=#313987>Utah</font> <font color=#993300>Jazz</font> (36-34)</center>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting note not related to the game: Kwame Brown is officially the Wizards leading scorer this year at 11.3 PPG. To have your PPG stat count on the league leader board, you have to be on pace for either 1400 points or 70 games. Neither Arenas nor Stackhouse nor Hughes fits that criteria. Just found it interesting.

Another little tidbit I found is that we have started a total of 11 different players a double digit number of games so far this season. I'm not looking at other teams to see what they're at, but that seems pretty high. EDIT: Okay after looking, it looks like most teams have about 9 players they've done that with.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I really hope Hughes comes back for this game and we will win. I also wish Laettner doesn't get posterized by Dwyane Wade again.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
Interesting note not related to the game: Kwame Brown is officially the Wizards leading scorer this year at 11.3 PPG. To have your PPG stat count on the league leader board, you have to be on pace for either 1400 points or 70 games. Neither Arenas nor Stackhouse nor Hughes fits that criteria. Just found it interesting.
Go Kwame! :yes:

This game is probably gonna be close, considering how well the Heat and Kwame in particular are playing right now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The Heat has a good chance of winning today, even though Washington has been good as of late the Heat has just been amazing all of their players are healthy now so hopefully the Heat would continue to play good D and actually win on the road today... and let's not forget the heat has scored about 92 ppg on their recent winning streak
Heat-101
Wizards- 86

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
We have a 75% chance of getting Hughes back in this game, so if he does come back, I see a win for us. Arenas Hughes Stackhouse Kwame :D

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>GEFBOGIE #17</b>!
The Heat has a good chance of winning today, even though Washington has been good as of late the Heat has just been amazing all of their players are healthy now so hopefully the Heat would continue to play good D and actually win on the road today... and let's not forget the heat has scored about 92 ppg on their recent winning streak
Heat-101
Wizards- 86
I agree, the Wizard fans are on a little high because of the past two games, but this is about as good as it has gotten for us all year so you can't blame us :D Miami is 14-7 this season when they have their starting lineup intact (Wade-Jones-Butler-Odom-Grant), so this certainly isn't any kind of easy win. There are a lot of interesting matchups in this one though, so either way I'm looking forward to the game.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
it will be a blowout by Miami or a close game with the Wizards coming out with the win.

and if Hughes comes back, don't look for 25 points from him. he just came off a 10-15 game injury so it will take him awhile like it took Arenas.

·
Registered
996 Posts
It's scary cause miami's a good team, but with the style of play we've played the last few games with throwing it into the post and overpowering our opponents i think we can win cause Miami doesn't have a huge body.

And Miami has average 92ppg in their last couple games? why is that so good, that's like what the wiz average the entire season.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
The real main reason Miami beat us in all 3 games was because we didn't either have

A) Arenas
B) Stackhouse
C) Arenas and Stackhouse

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Up 25-17 at the end of one on the back of Blake's hot streak. 9 points on 4-5 FG, he carried us to end the quarter. Kwame isn't scoring but he does have 6 boards, 2 blocks, and a steal. Stackhouse is playing solid, as is Haywood. Hopefully Arenas can come back, though no reason to rush it. Hughes looked rusty out there, it's understandable though.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a sad, sad excuse for a second quarter. I didn't expect us to stay up double digits the whole game, but we were just pathetic out there. Complete one on one basketball, which doesn't work when they're playing a swarming defense that always seems to have two guys on the ball.

Even though his numbers look good (11 points on 5-6 FG, 3 rebounds), I place a lot of the blame on Stackhouse here. He was hogging up the shot clock, dribbling around until he had an opportunity to isolate against one guy. Sorry, but that is not what our team does well. He got lucky and made a lot of tough shots -- he could've just as easily been 2-6 for 5 points.

Our guys don't seem to get that going inside is what makes us win. It's what won us the past two games, it's what will win us games in the future. Just because Miami is making it difficult to get the ball inside doesn't mean that you give up trying to post the big guys up. If we continue to ignore the postups of Etan, Kwame, and Haywood and let Stackhouse dribble the ball around like we did the entire second quarter, we'll lose by thirty.

Hughes has looked pretty awful tonight, we should really try to limit his minutes in the second half. He's clearly rusty, and there's no reason for throw him out there for heavy minutes if he's not going to do anything. Arenas has also been invisible. Not sure if it is that injury or what, but this has to be his worst half in the month -- 0 points on 0-3 FG, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 3 TOs. No chance in the world that we win the game unless he can do <i>something</i>.

At least our big guys did what they could with their limited touches. Kwame and Etan combined for 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 5 blocks. They only had 7 points on 3-7 shooting, with 4-5 of those shots coming in the first quarter. We literally had no more than about 3 shots coming from big men in the second quarter. Keeping that up is a sure fire way to lose a game.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I wish right now we had Brevin Knight, he could do some serious damage on Wade and get 5 steals easily in one quarter.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, we've given up. Our defense is mediocre, and on offense we just walk up and stand around until the shot clock wears down or we turn it over. I see no reason why Miami can't win this one by 40.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts