Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>36 - 28</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>34 - 30</center></td></tr></table>

9:00 PM on CSN

Denver leads season series 1 - 0

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: C -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">9.7</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>10.2</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">6.9</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>10.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.9</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>2.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.8</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>0.9</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">1.6</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>2.9</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">27.6</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>30.8</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Very hard game to win, Nuggets are on a tear right now and I won't be surprised if they continue to win.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Indeed the Nuggs will be tough to deal with. But we are 14-11 on the road.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
rdc86 said:
Be afraid. Be very afraid, Washington fans.
Afraid of What?? Win or Lose this one game is not gonna make or break the season. If you are a Nuggets fan you should be thinking about teams like SA and Phoenix. Don't come in here with this ****.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rdc86 said:
Be afraid. Be very afraid, Washington fans.
Of what? A loss? I think most of us are likely expecting it. In a month that has seen us lose to teams such as New York, Golden State, and Milwaukee, a defeat on the road against a western conference playoff team is hardly going to keep me up at night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
byrondarnell66 said:
Afraid of What?? Win or Lose this one game is not gonna make or break the season. If you are a Nuggets fan you should be thinking about teams like SA and Phoenix. Don't come in here with this ****.
Except that SA and Phoenix probably arent afraid of the nuggets. So yeah, be afraid.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I think we get a win here. The Nuggets have been playing well but didn't look all that good against the Bucks. I think we can pound it inside and steal a victory here. Nuggets are do for a bump in the road and we're as good a team as any to give it to them.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
jazzy1 said:
I think we get a win here. The Nuggets have been playing well but didn't look all that good against the Bucks. I think we can pound it inside and steal a victory here. Nuggets are do for a bump in the road and we're as good a team as any to give it to them.

did you watch the mil-den game?

pound it inside? brown, haywood, john ramos, thomas vs nene, camby, kmart, elson, najera? :clap:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
rdc86 said:
Except that SA and Phoenix probably arent afraid of the nuggets. So yeah, be afraid.
LOL, you act as if we are playing the game. I seriously don't think Gilbert Arenas and Larry Hughes are scared of the 8th place Nuggets. You Nuggets fans come out of your hole when your team finally does something. Back to the game we will probably lose but i will not lose no sleep over it. Now go back to your own board.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
NugzFan said:
did you watch the mil-den game?

pound it inside? brown, haywood, john ramos, thomas vs nene, camby, kmart, elson, najera? :clap:
Yeah I saw the Bucks game thats why I mentioned it. duh. Wasn't impressed. They have a solid team but we are better so I expect a win, any questions.

Only good interior defender yall have is Camby. Kwame can post and score on KMart or the slow Nene, and Najera is a huslter scrapper.

You must have not been watching many Wizards games lately because Etan, Kwame, and Haywood have all been playing well and scoring inside.

Haywood can score on Camby also at times.

Its not like yall gonna pound on us inside either. Better go watch a tape if you think Kwame and brendan are gonna get punished inside by any of those cats. They are really good man defenders inside. Especially Kwame better ask someone.

Kmart can't post on Kwame only pull him out and hope he's hitting the jumper. Nene using strength against an equally strong Kwame won't give him a big edge either.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
i got a feeling we're gonna win

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I actually think we get blown out. I don't know where all this confidence is coming from, we're still missing Jamison, Hayes, Dixon, and Kwame is just getting back from the flu. I'd be surprised if their no up by double digits by half time.

And Earl Boykins is a WIZARDS KILLER. He murders our defense.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not saying he should take any more than he does, but every time JJ nails a three pointer I smile. On a less happy not, Anthony is shoving JJ around like he's a little kid on the inside; he offers no resistance.

We're in the mid-late first, and we've had the balled poked away, intercepted, stripped, or deflected 7-8 times already, mostly on the inside. Bigs need to realize the type of team we're playing, pay a little more attention to their surroundings.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know if others like Profit as much as I do, but everyone has to agree in my puzzlement as to why Damone Brown is getting minutes while he sits at the end of the bench.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
6 turnovers in 1st quarter and all of them were by our bigs(Haywood: 3, Kwame: 2, Jeffries: 1).

looks like we aren't going to feed the post much anymore this game. the end of the 1st quarter looked like Arenas and Hughes carrying the team.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heh got to chuckle at our "strategy" so far in this one. Play god-awful defense for four minutes to let them get an 8-9 point lead, catch fire and hit four shots in a row for two minutes to erase the defecit. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Anyone else think Karl's outfit is really bugging Phil? He's brought it up a good three or four times already. "Don't the coaches have dress codes? He's looking awfully casual." Isn't saying it in really a jokey manner either.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts