Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>36 - 29</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>20 - 46</center></td></tr></table>

9:00 PM on CSN

Washington leads season series 1 - 0

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: SG -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">21.8</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>12.3</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">6.3</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>3.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">5.0</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>1.3</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">2.9</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>0.7</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.3</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>0.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">38.0</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>28.4</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Giriceck is actually going to start at SG not Raja. He had a pretty good game against the Lakers and played good defense on Kobe during the 4th, altho I would attribute that more to fatigue(he's not that great of a defender and neither is Raja)

Last game btw Jazz/Wiz was quite physical especially during the last stretch of the 4th quarter.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My infinite hate for the Wizards for injuring AK. :curse:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
MJG said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Damone plays over Profit? Or anyone for that matter?
I guess he is supposed to add more size to the SF position. :whoknows:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Man Larry Hughes has not pass the ball on the break all night. he is becoming selfish on the break. WTF :curse:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Goat of the game: Etan Thomas...

Why! Why the hell was in in for the ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER!!!, he was completely ineffective and almost cost us the game with his horrible traveling and bad shots.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Wow we got lucky, that was very reminscient of when AI stole the ball for the win.

Hughes hit some big shots at the end, but he was a huge shot jacker the whole night and he ruined alot of fastbreaks by himself. Someone needs to tell him to get back to passing.

Kwame played good, Wood was a non factor, and Jeffries is the worst offensive player ever.

At this point in the season you can't really complain, a win is a win.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Wow that was a load of bullcrap. Total bullcrap. We survived that garbage.

Larry Hughes killed us today with his fast break decision making. He would not give it up in transition. He would rather force a play than make a simple pass.

Otherwise an awful defensive performance. If there is a worse team defensively I haven't seen it.

The best defense Gilbert has played all season was the last play of the game when he squared up and forced McCleod into a tough shot. Larry even screwed that up getting stripped.

We couldm't contain anyone on the perimeter again. Thank goodness we got this win though.

Etan is killing me inside with his fumbles, clumsiness and lack of rebounding and man defense.

Kwame was money on those last 2 free throws. He was active all game long really best weakside defense he's played all season contesting shots.

Just a good time to get a win.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Shanghai Kid said:
Wow we got lucky, that was very reminscient of when AI stole the ball for the win.

Hughes hit some big shots at the end, but he was a huge shot jacker the whole night and he ruined alot of fastbreaks by himself. Someone needs to tell him to get back to passing.

Kwame played good, Wood was a non factor, and Jeffries is the worst offensive player ever.

At this point in the season you can't really complain, a win is a win.
Yeah we got real lucky.

JJ is terrible.

And what the hell is a Damone brown. he's terrible.

No he's horrible.

No he's downright awful.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
A win is a win but i certianly wouldn't feel good about a 1 point victory against the Jazz (without Kirilenko). Larry Hughes made the last shot but his play on the fastbreak was beyound ridiculous. Someone who runs their mouth off to the press about the offense should sometime watch the tape of his own play. To me he won the game but he had a bad game.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Larry Hughes can be great one play and not good on other possesions and thus scares the crap out of me. ALthough Etan was called for the travel, I blame that one on Larry on not finding him earlier. I'm surprised that the Wizards didn't give the ball to Arenas at the end of the game, even if Hughes shot eventually won the game which was clutch. He could have lost the game for the Wizards with the turnover at the end of the game.

Still Hughes makes the wizards a better team. He is consistent every night. But he needs to start deferring to his teammates like Kwame if he ever becomes consistent over a period of time.

As bad as Damone Brown played on offensive end on 1 of 3 shooting and 3 turnover, he seemed to hussle on the defensive end and helped force some bad shots which keyed Washington to hold the jazz to 84 points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts