Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>37 - 29</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>31 - 37</center></td></tr></table>

10:30 PM on CSN

Washington leads season series 1 - 0

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PF -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">6.1</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>19.6</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">5.4</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>9.5</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">1.0</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>2.6</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.5</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>0.7</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.3</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>2.2</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">20.0</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>37.0</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Gonna come dowm to a couple of natch-ups. Kwame versus Brand and Magette and Hughes. We can't let Magette get 12-15 free throw attempts. And Kwame has to keep brand to around 14-15 points can't let him explode for a big game.

We have to play better to win this game. Bobby Simmons is another thorn in our side. haywood has to wake-up and give us something tonight because Etan is killing us on the floor.

Another really tight game.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
For some reason I see Simmons having a nice game tonight, maybe trying to show what the Wizards could have had? Anyway, should be a very good game with both teams coming out hard and playing some great basketball. Should be a close one.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we lose a close one. We have lucked out on our last couple of wins, and the Clippers are a decent enough team that I think it'll catch up with us here. Maybe something similar to the last game, just with LA coming out on top.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! I was in the middle of a post on why the announcers always mention Peeler as a guy we're missing like he's someone important, yet they never mention Hayes who is a heavy rotation player -- then Buckhantz quietly adds Hayes' name to the discussion for the first time in a couple weeks. Buckhantz says the things he says just for me, I sometimes think.

(No mention of the game, because it sucks. 26-16, and the only reason they're not up by more is because we're still in the first; thus, they haven't had the time to get it up any higher)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
LMAO at Etan Thomas. 3 traveling calls already shooting brick after brick and bricking freethrows. He also doesn't even think about passing the ball when he gets it in the post.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
This team makes stupid mistakes. Instead of Larry Hughes running the clock down he turns it over with 10 sec left in the half and we are already down by 11 Clippers scores with 1.3 left on the clock down 13 at the half. I get tired of watching the same dumb **** every game. Our bigs are getting clowned out there we are making Rebraka and Kaman look like Dirk Noritzski out there. Just ridiculous. Arenas taking 30 footers not helping either.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are so limping to the finish of this season. Yea, we still win at a decent clip, but it's not especially exhilarating or fun. No way I would've believed you if you told me six or four or even two months ago that I would be this unexcited if we were in third place and on our way to the homecourt in the playoffs on the brink of April, but here we are.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
What was up with that little mini-fight on the Wizard bench? Brown and that other guy have a little aggression towards each other or what?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
What was up with that little mini-fight on the Wizard bench? Brown and that other guy have a little aggression towards each other or what?
Don't know i missed it.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Tough loss for the WIzards 98-94. If the Wizards had played it like the 4th quarter for at least 2 quarters, they would have won the game. It's tough to lose games like this when the Wizards could have avoided some turnovers such as the 5 traveling violations. Arenas and Hughes played with a lot of heart but they need to shoot at a higher % and other teammates just need to step up.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
f22egl said:
Tough loss for the WIzards 96-94. If the Wizards had played lit was like the 4th quarter for at least 2 quarters, they would have won the game. It's tough to lose games like this when the Wizards could have avoided some turnovers such as the 5 traveling violations. Gilbert needs to either make his 3s or shoot less cuz 11 of 28 usually isn't going to get it done.

The clippers fell apart offensively in the second half. Bobby simmions 3-14 ouch.. Very unlike him. Lucky Corey was there for us clipper fans to pick up the slack.

Arenas is the man by the way.... That guy never stops impressing me.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
This game was a collection of so many terrible things and we still almost won. I don't want Profit taking the potential game tying 3. I want Hughes or Arenas to take that shot. We still could have won with better execution.

As for the drama. Haywood and Kwame almost squaring off. It was funny. They are good friends and almost got in to it.

Arenas and Hughes both played awful, airballs, turnovers, lax defense just terrible.

Kwame, Etan, Brendan and JJ just terrible. Each of them took turns traveling. Kwame getting his shot blocked twice early, Brendan being inactive just terrible defense. Rebracha runs wild in the 1st half.

Late in the game Kwame played sollid defense on Brand which aided the comeback. He should have guarded him from the begining.

This was a very lazy effort tonight. Guys were on very tired legs.

No one had any zip. Must recover for Sunday's game which I think we have a shot to win.

I also pray Brendan isn't huirt that badly Brand tripped him on the follow through trying to draw a foul. Dirty play. His thumb didn't look good at all ,looked dislocated.

A game I want to forget.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
MJG said:
I second the ridiculousness of Arenas' bombing. He's usually pretty decent with it on most nights, but 4-15 is just hurtful.
Yeah he was tired and bailing out. He played 48 minutes in back to back games. We gotta start cutting his minutes before he gets injured.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
At least Damone Brown looked decent, he's worth signing for the rest of the season considering injuries.

I don't even want to think about Woods thumb, the interior D was so bad when Etan was in the game, I don't even want to think about it. If Wood is hurt for real Jamison needs to come back immediately. I know he's soft and needs rest, but his team pretty much needs him at this point.

Jared Jeffries is becoming one of my least favorite players in the league. I've never seen someone so horrible and akward in the NBA. No team with Jared Jeffries starting will win a playoff series.

We seriously need to upgrade out frontcourt over the summer. If your Arenas or Hughes, would YOU be comfortable passing it to these slow, uncooridnated, turnover prone bigs? I don't blame them anymore, just keep shooting guys.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Shanghai Kid said:
At least Damone Brown looked decent, he's worth signing for the rest of the season considering injuries.

I don't even want to think about Woods thumb, the interior D was so bad when Etan was in the game, I don't even want to think about it. If Wood is hurt for real Jamison needs to come back immediately. I know he's soft and needs rest, but his team pretty much needs him at this point.

Jared Jeffries is becoming one of my least favorite players in the league. I've never seen someone so horrible and akward in the NBA. No team with Jared Jeffries starting will win a playoff series.

We seriously need to upgrade out frontcourt over the summer. If your Arenas or Hughes, would YOU be comfortable passing it to these slow, uncooridnated, turnover prone bigs? I don't blame them anymore, just keep shooting guys.

I'm all for knocking the bigs But seriously did you see the crap Hughes and Arenas were doing. And you don't knock them seriously. I can't understand what the hell they were doing out there. The most ridiculous to's and terrible shot selection I've seen all season.

Gilbert passed the ball into thin air once no one around. Hughes did even worse.

This may have been the 1st time Kwame has really been worked on defensively he's usually pretty stout defensively guarding his man but tonight it wasn't there.

But there's no way in hell we can move forward with 2 guards like Larry and Gilbert who can't contain their own men off the dribble.

Our perimeter defense is a joke and embarrassing, those guys gamble for steals and we look and say hey Bigs please stop em.

If O-lay defense is how we're moving forward there is trouble ahead.

We gotta get a stopper on the perimeter. Someone who can at least stay in front right now we don't have anyone.

I thought Larry was a good defender but he's been broken down many times himself.

Not to play the blame game because they truthfully all share blame.

EJ just doesn't highlight defense as part of his coaching. We do so many things on defense that aren't fundamentally sound its a joke.

Arenas doesn't ever bend over into a defensive stance. Just terrible.

I wasn't mad at them gunning tonight we had nothing else going.

But I don't advocate gunning the rest of the season it was a bad night tonight.

Call me foolish I still think Kwame can become our post option. He just has to get comfortable in the post again like he was last season. He dropped 22 on brand in a game last season tonight he was toasted. I think he has the skills to be that guy but the guards still have to trust more. Not throw it in once and chuck 15 3's a piece.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts