Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>37 - 30</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>48 - 20</center></td></tr></table>

8:00 PM on CSN

Washington leads season series 1 - 0

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: SG -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">21.7</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>23.8</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">6.2</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>4.3</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">5.0</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>3.8</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">2.9</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>1.0</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.3</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>0.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">38.5</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>39.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
a big fat loss. it could be phat if Kwame goes for a triple-double.

·
Registered
741 Posts
We may get killed in this one. The Sonics are hot right now.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I never knew Hughes and Allen were PF's :clown:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Hey the Wizards did win the last game against the Supersonics; mostly because Ray Allen went really cold from the field. THe WIzards can still pull it out in my opinion; Kwame really needs to step it up in Haywood's abscence.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yeah but Rashard Lewis had 35 and 11 to offset Rays bad shooting performance he still ended up with 17 but no one else on their team scored more than 8 points in that game. I see another big game from Rashard none of our SF's are gonna stop him, im just hoping Kwame can be more effective in this game than in the past few. I think it will be closer than what some think, hopefully we can stay close and maybe steal a w out there. Gotta stay positive.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One on One said:
Our injury situation is worse than you can imagine! :rofl:
Beat me to the joke :D

I'm curious about our starting frontcourt in this one. We can do JJ or Profit or Damone at SF, JJ or Etan or Ruffin or Kwame at PF, Etan or Kwame at C. My guess is the Profit/JJ/Kwame lineup that someone mentioned in the Haywood thread.

As for the game, simply put, I'm calling blowout loss. Until we prove otherwise to me, there's going to be only a small handful of games that I predicting a win for from here on out.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
kwame is injured
btw mjg you are wrong. PJR is activated

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Nice ball movement so far, hope they can keep it up.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We're playing well; I suppose if there is one upper-level team a small ball approach would work against, its Seattle. Hopefully we can keep up the solid work.

I'd like to note that Kwame has had his shot blocked four times in the first 1.5 quarters of this game. Going back to the last one, I believe that means seven shots blocked in 5.5 quarters. Not very good for your seven footer.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Damn EJ pulls Kwame and Etan and Nick Collison scores 5 points inside. Incredible. EJ's bad subs continue.

Kwame makes 1 free throw he needs this one and we need Hughes to get one of his patented steals to help end this game.

If we lose we'll know why.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Damn who was Damian Wilkins man to aloow that offensive rebound. I saw Kwame blocking Collison damn. Arenas has played like crap coming down the stretch turning over the damn ball. We need a stop badly.

I mean badly.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
byrondarnell66 said:
Yeah but Rashard Lewis had 35 and 11 to offset Rays bad shooting performance he still ended up with 17 but no one else on their team scored more than 8 points in that game. I see another big game from Rashard none of our SF's are gonna stop him, im just hoping Kwame can be more effective in this game than in the past few. I think it will be closer than what some think, hopefully we can stay close and maybe steal a w out there. Gotta stay positive.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
we won ....hallelujah

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Damn we win. Hughes made the play as I predicted getting the steal. What a win down to the last possesion again.

As for the whole game. Hughes was huge all night, Arenas was big earlier terrible down the stretch he almost gave the game away with bad decisions

EJ made some bad subs at the end that almost cost us.

Etan played very well showed good touch around the basket and made his free throws.

Kwame played like crap for the most part although his last 2 free throws showed some heart. He has no touch around the basket. No touch period right now. He has lost the touch he had last season around the basket. But he's also struggling with his foot also. Getting it nicked in the game.

I think this is the best Defense we've played all year and we shared the ball offensively tonight no one took too many bad shots and we hit the open man.

We had about 25 asssists which was terrific.

But Hughes was the hero he didn't go for Allen's fakes and stripped the ball, great play. He played a marvelpous game best he's played since he came back.

NOW if we can get tomorrow's game it will have been a good road trip.

Kwame has got to elevate his game and bear down through the injuries he can give us more than he is right now.

The Sky isn't falling we're just inconsistent is all.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hughes owned Ray Allen in every way possible. And do you guys see the difference between the two? Hughes can make game changing plays on the defensive end, he had a huge clutch steal and than at the end just cleanly knocked the ball out of Allens hands.

That offensive foul was BS, the guy was moving his feet, refs just have some kind of venedetta against Arenas.

MUCH needed win. I was expecting to feel some huge difference without Wood in there but the D still wasn't that bad, and hell, Etan can hit the jumper now.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Damn I guess all those the real Wizards fans who predicted a loss feel real foolish right now.

We aren't bad and aren't struggling just playing really average.

Kwame can't get off that foot he's getting his shot blocked a lot the last 2 games.

I'm just glad he got back in the game from the injury one more damn injury and it could be curtains for us. 1 team can't overcome but so much.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts