Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>38 - 30</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>24 - 44</center></td></tr></table>

10:00 PM on CSN

Washington leads season series 1 - 0

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PF -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">6.2</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>16.7</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">5.3</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>7.3</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">1.0</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>1.7</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.6</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>1.0</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.2</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>0.5</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">20.6</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>34.7</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
This infamous Get away game. This is the game that makes or breaks this trip. If we don't come out lazy like we did against the Clipps we win.

I think Etan and Kwame will be really physical and Arenas and Hughes destroy the Blazers guards.

We get the Get away win.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking we'd win this one (as well as the next) all along -- in other words, after Haywood's injury but before the Sonics victory. Considering that win boosted me up a little bit, I'll call the W in this one.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
LMAO at EJ he subs in Dixon, Blake and Ruffin at the same time.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
byrondarnell66 said:
LMAO at EJ he subs in Dixon, Blake and Ruffin at the same time.
There's countless things that EJ does that I find annoying, but bringing both Dixon and Blake in at the same time for the starting backcourt ranks pretty high near the top.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Eddie Jordan-probably the dumbest coach in the world.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Man Gilbert has thrown two of the most ridiculous lobs i ever saw in my life. 1st half he throws one in the 3rd row and right at the end of the third he lobs one thats hits the top of the backboard. :nonono:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I guess Kwame must be injured or something because he is barely playing, he's only put up 2 shots in 17 minutes compared to Etan's 11. That's probably why the Wizards have been going small although I'm a little surprised that Jarred isn't seeing as many minutes. Maybe it's because Jarrfed isn't showing himself as an offensive threat but he definetely helps them defensively. Anyways, Dixon has 12 and Profit has 10 and the Wizards are up 91-81 (with Kwame back in the game).

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yeah Kwame is hurt its not hard to figure out, least hes out there making a effort thats all you can ask for.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Yeah 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals for Kwame; pretty solid night night for him, now he just needs to be more consistent. The team is much better when he takes shots, he should be able to get his especially with Jamison out.

·
Registered
996 Posts
f22egl said:
Yeah 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals for Kwame; pretty solid night night for him, now he just needs to be more consistent. The team is much better when he takes shots, he should be able to get his especially with Jamison out.
especially when he can only jump 10" because his ankle

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Good win for the Wizards in the final game of the trip.

Guards slammed the Blazers guards as I expected and Kwame and Etan held up well.

As for Kwame's injury it been pretty apparent to me which is why I defend him playing because I can't critique his game when he's just gutting it out and trying to be physical on his ankle.

I really like the teams resolve. We are really tough team mentally to have battled all these injuries and still be ther 3rd best team in the East.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sometimes it is easy to be tough on the team, but in reality, we have done some very good things in this final stretch of the season. I bet if most of us had to guess without checking the schedule, we'd underguess our 8-6 mark in March so far. We've played half of those games without Dixon and Jamison, almost all without Hayes, and a couple without Kwame and Haywood.

Yea okay, for the most part, things have not been real pretty. However, we're still playing solid ball in less than optimal circumstances. There's something to be said for that.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Nice win! Arenas and Hughes doing well again!

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I think these games are showing why we don't need Jamison next year and hopefully re-sign Kwame.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Nice road win. Looks like you guys won this one on the boards and at the free throw line. You guys may just get it done in the playoffs this year. Good luck.

G-Force

1 - 20 of 20 Posts