Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>@</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>40 - 30</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>34 - 37</center></td></tr></table>

7:00 PM on CSN

Orlando leads season series 2 - 1

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PG -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">25.6</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>21.4</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">4.6</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>5.9</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">5.2</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>7.0</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">1.9</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>1.2</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.2</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>0.4</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">41.0</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>31.7</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Where's hobojoe? I wanna see his signature :)

Wizards win a close one...Orlando is fighting for their playoff lives, but we are motivated to hang onto the 4 spot.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
This is a game we're gonna need to have energy and come out and be physical and take it to them. The last 2 times we played them they killed us on the glass. We didn't have Kwame to battle Howard. This time we do and it'll make a difference. Howard and Kwame I think is gonna be a key match-up. If Kwame does to him what he did to Okafor then we win easily. If Kwame gets in foul trouble or is not into it we could have problems. Francis always gets up for us so having Hughes back to play him is huge. We've got to limit how much Francis gets their crowd going.

Garrity is always a thorn in our side so we have to contain him at the 3 pt line.

We could have trouble if 2 things happen. The Magic use a line-up in which they move Howard to cneter and Garrity to pf thus tempting EJ into playing JJ on Garrity and Etan on Howard. Howard is gonna eat Etan's slow lateral movement alive this forces Kwame off the floor sometimes in EJ's mind.

Kwame should play Howard at all times and if they go Garrity at 4 let JJ play it and pull Etan from the game.

I think Hughes and Arenas will do damage and control this game if they move the ball enough early to allow others a time to get in the flow.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one just kind of feels like a loss to me. While we don't want to lose the season series to Orlando, in the big picture it just seems like a much bigger and more important game on their side. They need every game they can get, while we're only two or three wins from clinching ourselves into the playoffs (not literally, but more or less). Factor in that we're on the road, and I think they edge us out in a close one.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
MJG said:
This one just kind of feels like a loss to me. While we don't want to lose the season series to Orlando, in the big picture it just seems like a much bigger and more important game on their side. They need every game they can get, while we're only two or three wins from clinching ourselves into the playoffs (not literally, but more or less). Factor in that we're on the road, and I think they edge us out in a close one.
Yeah I get that vibe myself. We always seems to get out energized against them for some reason if thats a phrase, Francis always brings that little umph.

BUT I think Hughes and Kwame match-up wise defensively are gonna make a difference in this one.

We can't let up now we gotta get these wins the urgency has to be there. We got teams breathing down our necks and we need that 4 spot badly.

Question MJG if we get the 4th seed and we win that series aren't we in line to face the Heat in rd 2.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jazzy1 said:
Question MJG if we get the 4th seed and we win that series aren't we in line to face the Heat in rd 2.
Yes we will indeed face Miami in the second round if we win our series as either the 4th or 5th seed. Frankly, I'd be happy just taking a game from them with the way things went this season.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
We're going to have to face the Heat 2nd round, but that doesn't mean we should be any less motivated to get the 4th seed. I think we are motivated to hang onto homecourt and with the Bulls right behind us, we get a win. EJ is going to tell the players to treat this like a playoff game since the Magic are going to come out intense.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
There's certainly no room for half-stepping for the Wizards tonight. This is a big game. The Bulls are a half game back of the Wizards, and if they drop this, they're tied. They need to try and keep at least a game between them.

This will likely be a close game, so it will come down to who can get it done in the clutch. The smart Money would be on the Wizards, and the backcourt.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
When did we become a mentally tough basketball team. We're leading right now simply because we seem to want it more. Gotta keep the pressure on the Magic. We're up 12 early. Everyone is giving us alittle something.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Kwame's playing okay. He just can't work his post moves because he cant get the lift. But he's keeping Howard under wraps. Other than Elton Brand we really haven't gotten blown up for a big game since kwame's gotten back by a big guy. And that game everyone played bad.

We are a good team thats really being slept on. There's more talk about the teams behind us than about us. We're getting no respect but no one can take the 4th spot from us.

We don't get killed by other teams bigs, we outscore the other teams guards, and we copme at you all game.

And now we're spanking the Magic so far ,gotta win this game.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I thought taking 4 steps was a travel?? oh yeah, and when has sliding on the floor 10 feet not been a travel also?

I know this is the NBA but COME ON!

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Man we're collapsing with some help from the refs and the turnovers. Why are we shooting so quickly. We're panicking out there. Gilbert is turning it over at a ridculous rate. Lead is down to 7. We gotta regoup and I pray that Larry isn't hurt seriously.

This ****ing curse is unbelieveable.

My goodness.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Glibert heart don't pump Kool-aid suckas.

man got a heart of steel. Gilbert for 3. Money. Now thats what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
what's up with larry?

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I would have never believed we would have collapsed like that. We just turned the ball over and over. I didnt expect with the ay Larry and Gilbert handle the ball we would have gotten rattled.

I guess it happens sometimes.

Gave Howard a whole lotta cheap baskets on steals and in transition.

Was a blow-out game turned barn burner late.

I guess these kinda games build character.

Best sight I've seen in a long time was when Larry came back in the game hopefully nothing swells overnight or no mystery fractures are discovered.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
adarsh1 said:
what's up with larry?
they said a strained elbow but he came back in the game. hope hes ok just glad we held off that 4thqtr surge by Orlando. we got real sloppy at the end. Gilberts is money Bank It!!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
jazzy1 said:
Best sight I've seen in a long time was when Larry came back in the game hopefully nothing swells overnight or no mystery fractures are discovered.
ill second this big time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts