Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>vs</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>41 - 30</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>37 - 34</center></td></tr></table>

1:00 PM on WWRC 12600 AM :cry:

Washington leads season series 2 - 0

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: SG -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">22.0</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>14.2</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">6.2</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>2.2</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">4.9</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>2.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">2.9</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>0.8</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.3</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>0.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">38.9</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>31.8</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, this is one of those two games (other is against Charlotte in two weeks) that isn't being broadcast, period. No replay, no nothing. Annoying to say the least.

I think we win. The Pacers are tougher than their current lineup would lead most to believe, but our recent 5 wins (4 on the road) in 6 games has me on the uptick for the time being.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Man we have a history of not playijng well in very early games. I will be attending this game since its not on tv. I got season tickets but I find that I enjoy the replays better sometimes at home and end up giving away my ticket. Not this time gotta be there to see this. Will report back what I saw.

Everything about this game says we should win easy.

hats the formula that could get the Pacers a victory. Miller has a big game. Jackson has a big game and one of their inside guys gets more than 15.

I don't think all those scenario are likely. Even if they all happned it would still be a very close game.

I think our normal formula follows with this win. Arenas and Hughes get numbers, Kwame and Etan get 10 a piece or so. The bench chips in 2's and few's and we get a less than 10 point win.

Can't come out stiff being so early though.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it's better this one isn't on TV -- score is 20-18 Indiana with only six minutes left in the first half :uhoh:

Kwame with 8 points on 4-7 FG, rest of the team with 10 points on 4-26 FG.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
They must be expanding the MCI center with all those bricks they're laying out there 29-29 at the half. Yeah those Sunday afternoon games don't work so well for the Wizards, it was for the better to not show the game.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
wow. 29 points for both teams?

I'd say we were really good at defense to keep a team to 29 at half but we have 29 too so.. both teams have great defense?

--

end of 3rd quarter and the wizards more than doubled their score from halftime to 59. that's the Wizards we know. Kwame didn't shoot once in the 3rd but made 4 FT's to have 12 points. Arenas unloaded and went from 7 to 17 points. Hughes is still blowing.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Wow, we outplayed them the whole game and they come up with 4 3-pointers in the 4th and take the win. I'm glad that game wasn't televised, that's definetly one of those games you would rather not see.

Two reason why we lost-

EJ shafted Kwame, he was having a good game but EJ never put him back in.

Larry Hughes had his worst game of the season. If just hits his normal percentage we lose this game, but he shot 3-16 and pretty much put us out of it.

We seem to suck in early games, but really if win in Indy later in the month that would make up for it.

Chicago takes homecourt after this loss, it will be a tough race down the stretch.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I definitely noticed Kwame's box score, which confused the heck out of me. In the first quarter and a half, he was 4-7 from the field with 7 boards, an assists, a block and a steal. The entire rest of the game, he was 1-1 from the field with a board, an assist, and a block. What happened there I wonder?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
One on One said:
How'd you guys get to watch the game???
the game wasn't televised and im glad it wasn't. they are going by the boxcore.

Bad loss, you have to defend your home courd against a very depleted Indiana team.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
I fell asleep right before the Pacers 11-0 run in the fourth, and woke up right after it. It was a pleasant suprise.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It seems like we've played better on the road lately, we've been dogging it at home in games gainst the Jazz, Hawks, and now Pacers. I think we might better off being a 5th seed and going in as the underdog.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts