Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td width=20><center>vs</center></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td colspan=3></td></tr><tr><td><center>41 - 34</center></td><td width=20></td><td><center>38 - 37</center></td></tr></table>

7:00 PM on WB

Season series tied 1 - 1

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td>
</td><td><center>- Key Match: PG -<br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font><br><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td width=34><p align="right">25.6</p></td><td width=50><center>PPG</center></td><td width=34>30.5</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">4.6</p></td><td width=50><center>RPG</center></td><td width=34>4.0</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">5.1</p></td><td width=50><center>APG</center></td><td width=34>7.8</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">1.9</p></td><td width=50><center>SPG</center></td><td width=34>2.4</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">0.3</p></td><td width=50><center>BPG</center></td><td width=34>0.1</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr><tr><td width=34><p align="right">41.0</p></td><td width=50><center>MPG</center></td><td width=34>42.5</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3><font color=#DFDFDF>|</font></td></tr></table></td><td>
</td></tr></table></center>

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the later thread, I fell asleep pretty quick after the game last night ended.

I'm back to where I was last month -- not going to predict anything but a loss short of us playing one of the few "knowns" (IE Charlotte, Miami, etc). Sad that we've returned to this, but what can I do?

·
Registered
726 Posts
You have to pick a loss for this game. Iverson and the Sixers have won 3 straight, and we're freefalling right now. Luckily, it will take a lot for the Sixers to pass us in the standings, but it could happen, and if it does, we could drop out of the playoffs entirely. 101-97 L

And, Miami's not exactly a known win.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gripni said:
And, Miami's not exactly a known win.
What I meant is, there are two types of games -- automatic (whether wins or losses, IE Charlotte or Miami) and ones that could go either way. Automatic ones don't need predictions, because, well, I view them as obvious. It's the latter category, the ones that could be either wins or losses, that I'm now all calling losses on.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Playoff Picture

Our record is 41-34

Indy is 41-34
Philly is 38-37
Cleveland is 38-37
NewJersey is 37-39
Orlando is 35-41

we could go 0-7 ending up 41-41 and Orlando could go 6-0 ending up 41-41 and still cant beat us out BECAUSE WE OWN THE SEASON TIE BREAKER with a better Division record. Orlando can still make the playoffs but they just cant knock us out.

we could go 0-7 and New Jersey to go 4-2 ending up 41-41 WE OWN THE SEASON TIE BREAKER because we already beat them 3 times.

In Order for us to miss out the following has to happen

Wizards go 0-7 ending 41-41
New Jersey goes 5-1 going 42-40 or >
Philly goes 4-3 or better - going 41-41 or > tie breaker has not been determined
Cleveland goes 4-3 or better - going 41-41 or > tie breaker has not been determined

If New Jersey goes 6-0 that will put them at 43-39
If we went 2-5 that would put us at 43-39 wich would be enough because we have the tie breaker.

Point blank if we cant win 2 more games out of 7 than we don't deserve to be in the playoffs in the first place.

As for the game we need to beat Philly, Chicago and Cleveland to send out a meassage that we are not done yet.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
As for tonight's game, the Wizards can play them tough and win. However, nothing lately has indicated otherwise but it's not like the 76ers have anybody that can really beat you except Iverson. The Wizard need to make sure the 76ers don't get any easy buckets from his passing or 2nd chance points. In other wors, the Wizards need good help defense after he penetrates to the paint and the need to control the boards, which the Wizards can do especially with good rebounding guards like Arenas and Hughes.

Another side note is Hughes playing much better and is about to play on a team that originally drafted him. Remember, Hughes was called a bust for a large porion of his career and that is because it took him a while to mature into his role. In a similiar way, the Wizards should not give up Brown since he is still 23 and could become a solid player.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just read on the RealGM Philly board that Iverson is out for the game. No reason is given, so don't take it for certain, but either way we'll find out in about ten minutes.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Steve Buckantz said Iverson has a injured thumb, Oh Oh that means Willie Green will go for 30 again tonight.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
35-21 after one. This team is making my having any interest in watching them a real uphill battle.

... and letting them start the second period on a 7-0 run (17-0 overall) isn't helping anything :nonono:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Our defense is laughabe at best . freakin Rodney Rodgers already with 13 and 3 3's.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Wow Philly cant miss a 3 8-12, is it because they are wide open :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
When you start a different starting line-up every game this is what you get absolutely no continuity. They're playing like strangers on both ends, no one is sharing the ball and no one is covering for each other on defense.

EJ never considers easing someone into a game. Jamison has nothing at all , and is getting burned defensively.

Arenas is playing hard but he's not playing any defense. Or passing the ball.

Ej is losing this team slowly.

Hughes just doesn't have much of anything either.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
at first I didn't see but I do now know why the Bulls are better than the Wizards, they don't allow this to happen

losing to the sixers without A.I pathetic losing three straight home games to Celtics without Walker, Pacers without O'neal

the Bulls would beat these teams, the wizards can't take advantage,

oh and the defense/depth thing that the wizards lack

1 - 20 of 36 Posts