Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 23, 2005 - 8:00 PM (EST)

Detroit Pistons (42-24) Vs Philadelphia 76ers (32-34)

@Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA

Aired on: ESPN, Comcast Sportsnet - Philadelphia; and Radio simulcast: 610 WIP

Projected Starting Lineups:

]

Season Series: Pistons lead series 3-0.

·
Registered
527 Posts
a very difficult game for us.
we play in our house but this season we dont won any game against them ,it could be now if we win we can start thinking more heigh like the 7th place for playoffs also this is a team eventually we can play in the playoffs if we get there because now the only change for this team is the playoffs not the pick in the draft because its not ours.
lets hope we can bet them but i dont see that happen.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I don't think we will win, but anything is possible in the NBA. We are going to need a huge game from Iverson or for the role players to step it up. I want to see a big game from Iguodala, maybe another highlight on one of the Wallaces again too.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Considering this is a back to back for Detroit, I actually think that if the Sixers run them out of the gym, Detroit might start to get winded down the stretch so let's see what happens, especially if Webber starts hitting all the open jump-shots he usually gets.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The major plus for this game is Larry Brown isn't on the sidelines, the other game Larry Brown didn't coach against us, we barely lost and AI was out. Maybe we could steal this one?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
With the sub standard effort the Pistons have been playing with recently, if Philly plays with emotion and energy? They could take this one.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Yahoo Preview
Chris Webber has struggled with the Philadelphia 76ers since being acquired just before the trading deadline.
After missing the last game due to a compressed nerve in his left leg, Webber will try to help the 76ers inch back to the .500 mark when they host the defending champion Detroit Pistons.

Webber, concerned the injury was related to his surgically repaired right knee, hopes to be in top form after sitting out Philadelphia's 94-86 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Saturday.

``It feels pretty good,'' he said. ``The doctor told me about a nerve in your foot and several ways you can affect it. How you sit, how you lean and the other was the way that I iced it. I probably iced my nerve or something like that. I'm glad its not the knee and I'm glad it was one game.'' ''

Webber averaged 21.3 points and 9.7 rebounds in 46 games with the Sacramento Kings, but is getting just 14.1 and 7.6 respectively in 11 games with Philadelphia. However, he is confident things will improve.

``I feel more and more comfortable with the guys on the court every day,'' Webber said.

Philadelphia coach Jim O'Brien, who had been playing Webber sparingly of late, says he's confident after the power forward practiced ``full-out, full-contact'' on Monday.

``He looked good,'' O'Brien said. ``I think he'll be ready to go in this game (against the Pistons).''

A return to form for Webber will be a big boost to the 76ers, who are just one-half game ahead of Orlando for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Philadelphia is also just 6-6 since acquiring Webber.

``There's very little margin for error especially with the eighth and sixth spots being so close,'' Webber said. ``We have a sense of urgency. We're not happy about where we are, but we're on the way. We're definitely on the way.''

Allen Iverson was fined $10,000 by the NBA on Tuesday for a heated exchange with referee Marc Davis after the loss the Bulls.

Iverson, upset about calls, challenged Davis and had to be restrained by teammates. A few minutes later was seen heading in the direction of the referees' dressing room before general manager Billy King interceded and calmed him down.

Detroit will be looking to bounce back from a 91-76 loss at Cleveland on Tuesday night, snapping the Pistons' five-game winning streak. Rasheed Wallace scored 25 points and Tayshaun Prince had 22 for Detroit, which scored just 29 points in the second half.

Chauncey Billups, averaging 25.5 points his last four games, hand just six points to go with eight turnovers.

``This is probably one of the worst games I've played as a Piston,'' Billups said. ``It happens, but it wasn't anything (Cleveland) did.''

Detroit was without leading scorer Richard Hamilton, who was out with a sprained left ankle. Hamilton will likely miss this game as well, but could return for Friday's home game against Indiana, according to Pistons assistant coach Gar Heard.

Heard is coaching the Pistons in place of Larry Brown, who missed his fifth straight game after surgery related to a November hip operation.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Rip probably won't be in this one, we don't have Larry Brown with us, we are playing back-to-back games, we are playing away, and we have been playing with a sub-standard effort as Copper said. A win for Philly is very possible tonight with all these factors working against us. I'd still say the Pistons should take this one :angel: but good luck guys.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
This isn't a must win, but as the beginning of the toughest stretch they have left(till the end of March) it's pretty big

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
A very important game for the Sixers. While the Pistons seem to be struggling to stay healthy and are missing their head coach, I feel that they will respond to the dissapointing game in Cleveland from last night and have to win with a lot of help from their bench. Perhaps a Darko sighting? ... if anything, Varejao's spark off the bench may have showed them something. :D

Is Webber going to start?

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
First play of the game, Sixers goto Webber for the jumper at the top of the key, next series for Philly Webber hit a 3 at the top of the arch.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
This Iggy kid is great, I love him!

Steals it, takes it coast to coast, behind the back pass for Dalembert for the nice layup

Time out Detroit, 11-4 Phillys up

Philly needs to continue with their fast break points, and it'll come down to Iggys steals and Dalembertsblocks/rebounds

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Good start for Webber, I'm happy for him. Maybe his confidence can skyrocket is he has a good game.

Contrary to what Bill Waltin says Gar Heard is a terrible coach and missing LB is big when he has to take his place.

The 6ers are scorching hot from the field.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Theo! said:
Philly needs to continue with their fast break points, and it'll come down to Iggys steals and Dalembertsblocks/rebounds
Dalembert block, fastbreak ends up as a 3 pointer from Korver

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Go Philly! We need a win to start breaking away from all the teams fighting for the final playoff spot.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Out of the timeout Sam blocks a shot, and then Korver hits another three at the other end. Next series AI hit a long jumper for two.

18-6

Then AI gets under the hoop and attracts the D. Gets Sam for another dunk.

8-8 starting out but AI just missed a layup.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Iverson 4/4 already 5 minutes into the match

They're all creating really well for Dalembert

Iverson misses Phillys 1st shot, Sixers are fastbreaking like hell and its working

Dalembert, his second block -- he's having a great game. Blocking shots, creating fastbreak opportunities

Webber draws a foul

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Vermillion said:
Go Philly! We need a win to start breaking away from all the teams fighting for the final playoff spot.
So far we are playing great. AI has four assists, Dalembert has 6-2-2.

Ben Wallace already has two fouls and has to sit.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts