Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 28, 2005 - 10:00PM (EST)

Philadelphia 76ers (35-34) Vs Sacramento Kings (43-28)

@Arco Arena, Sacramento, California

Aired on: Philly 57, Comcast SportsNet- Sacramento
Radio simulcast: 610 WIP

Projected Starting Lineups:

Season Series: Kings lead series 1-0.

After such a high octane win over the Lakers, the Sixers don't have much time to reflect on the victory as they must move right on into their next game. And with Chris Webber returning to his former home arena, and Kenny Thomas facing off against his old team, there are the storylines in place for this game.

Here are the team's records since they've gotten their players from the trade:

Sixers: 9-6
Kings: 9-7

So which team is better after the trade? Before the teams played a game with their new players, everyone said the Sixers won; after a few games a ton said the Kings won. Now? I guess we'll find out tomorrow night. :biggrin:

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like our chances in this one. I might be blinded by the way of positivity, but I think this team has an opportunity to take the next two games. The Suns game is going to be difficult, but neither are out of the question.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
We are only one game behind Cleveland. If they lose their next game and we win ours then I think we catch up. We will be the sixth seed because we won the series against them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Kunlun said:
We are only one game behind Cleveland. If they lose their next game and we win ours then I think we catch up. We will be the sixth seed because we won the series against them.
Nice. I think we'll end up as the 7th, but the higher the better for our chances.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put 2,000 uCash points on the Sixers, so that's the direction I'm going. With the Sixers going eight deep last night, and Webber playing 40 minutes, expect O'Brien to dip a little bit deeper onto the bench. Rodney Rogers will play, as Jim O'Brien feels he's a good matchup Vs Corliss Williamson, so when Corliss is on the floor expect the Sixers to go with a big lineup with Rodney playing some SF.

Also after Salmons played a strong six minutes last night with 5 points, and an emphatic two handed jam over Chris Mihm, expect him to play some more tonight maybe around 10 - 12 minutes. Also Iverson should bounce back from his bad night last night, especially Mike Bibby defending.

As long as the team can contain Bibby, and not give him open shots like they gave Chucky Atkins last night, this is a very winnable game.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'm just glad I don't have to see Kenny Thomas' mug on our starting 5 anymore. Nice of you to think we'll end up with the 7th spot but I still think we'll overtake the Celts for the Division title.

Fingers crossed, I'm still trying to get tickets to tonight's game. Damn, I wish this game was on TV!

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Ai seems off to a slow start but just hit his first shot of four to make it 8-6.

Thomas makes a bucket to tie it at 8. He must be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Webbers jumper makes it 10-8.

Layup by Peja ties it at 10.

Another jumper by Webber makes it 12-10 Philly.

Skinners counters to make it 12 all.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Skinner and Thomas both looked like **** when they played for us. Now they look awesome. Hmmmm, who to blame.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Timeout Sac, up 17-14.

Skinner and Thomas have 8 pts and 11 boards.

Webber has 9 pts and 3 boards.

Iverson is still slumping shooting 1-5.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts