1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Butler

vs

La Salle

Records: Butler (16-2, 3-0 A 10) / La Salle (12-5, 2-2 A 10)
Game Time: 7PM EST
TV: None
Radio: Butler 1070AM / La Salle 990 AM
Websites: Butler / La Salle

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Steve is vetting potential refs today.
Tell me the refs and I will tell you what calls they will miss against certain teams but not others. My only request is that the A10 act like a top 6 or 7 conference and not use officials that the lower conferences including the MAAC and others even refuse to use. We deserve at least second-rate officials... not fifth-rate unprofessional guys with agendas and pre-conceived notions. This nonsense has been going on for over a decade and must end by replacing Reggie Greenwood with a true professional.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone else think La Salle has a decent chance to pull off the upset this wed at the Gola? Butler could be on a little bit of a letdown coming off such a emotional hard fought win over Zags. La Salle needs this as a statement win as they play the top two teams in the conferences this week. Its been a while since La Salle has played a solid full 40 minutes, so maybe its time they put one together. I think this game will be close (5 pts either way), but I would not be shocked if La Salle pulled off the upset. It will be an interesting one to watch. Coach G needs to come up with a solid game plan, sometimes it looks like the team is just out there playing playground ball.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I think this should be a very competitive game. LaSalle's guards can play with anyone, and Wright definitely played well against the Flyers. But with Giannini against Stevens, I'll take Stevens every time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think this should be a very competitive game. LaSalle's guards can play with anyone, and Wright definitely played well against the Flyers. But with Giannini against Stevens, I'll take Stevens every time.
I completely agree with that. Giannini should watch Stevens during the game and see how a coach should act on the bench. I would take Stevens over almost any coach in the nation, and I would take almost every coach in the nation over G. Thats how big the difference is.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Honestly, no. Similar to the Richmond game the front court disparity is probably too much to overcome. (There's three A10 POWs and another 3 FOWs in that front court)

I don't think things will get out of hand, but I suspect BU will continue its trend of significantly outrebounding and win by 10 or so.

But, on your initial point, they don't really get into the emotional ups and downs. That more than anything else is what defines them. Stevens actually was quoted on Tim Brando today on that. When asked about Saturday, he just said that "We don't chest bump around here in January" (alluding to the chest bump he had with walk-on Emerson Kampen when they made the first Final Four)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
LaSalle can win. Just need to shoot lights out which they can do time to time. Also agree Butler frontcourt will have their way in the paint.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I see Butler starting a little slow, La Salle may lead at half but then Butler pulling away in the end. I'll say Butler by less than 10

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see Butler starting a little slow, La Salle may lead at half but then Butler pulling away in the end. I'll say Butler by less than 10
My thoughts as well. There will be a Gonzaga game hangover but by the time the 2nd half starts Marshall and Smith will be getting in a groove and dominate the paint.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Many of us are growing weary of Dr. G. He does a helluva job recruiting and finally figured out the scheduling aspect the past few years but... he failed to bring in an assistant that can help with game planning and in-game adjustments... these are his faults and he has refused, to his own and La Salle's demise, to address them. I think we may have to dismiss him after this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LaSalle has a chance, but will probably blow it as usual. Hopefully we finally are ready to take the next step, and we have 2 great chances coming up. If G cant get it done he has no one to blame but himself

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a chance but La Salle needs consistency. They can keep it close with any team in the league right now and it is a matter of finishing the game. Like last year when they lost a few big games during the final minutes, those games cost the explorers a bid. Keep it close, play tenacious defense and hit your free throws and they can pull out a win. Otherwise Butler will have a good chance to go 5-0 in the a10.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't see this one going in LaSalle's favor. Butler will not have a Gonzaga hangover, because not having a Gonzaga hangover is exactly what makes them Butler. They are like robots. I don't think LaSalle plays smart/disciplined enough to win.

Also, I am seeing that LaSalle is a 2 point favorite? Wow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can see La Salle pulling off the upset tomorrow in the Gola. It takes a hot shooting performance like they had early in the year against PSU (16-32 from deep). If they can shoot the 3 well they will be there in the end. Galloway needs to play with poise because that is when he is at his best. He has a tendency in big games to try to do to much instead of let the play come to him. Let Duren handle the ball and have Galloway take good shots and effective drive and kicks. Butler has done a great job of scoring by committee since Clarke went down. La Salle is so quick on defense and forces so many turnover that I think they can pull this off. They play well at home and it should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
A lot of parity out there. I don't think there is a big difference in some of the a10 squads. Who wants it bad enough plus who's on that night can make all the difference in the world. Even on a national level, see a lot of parity come tourney time. Can LaS do it, sure. Look at some of last weekend's results.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts