72.1 ________________FT%______________67.6
40.2 __________Rebound Average__________32.1
30.2________Rebounds Against Average______33.2
+10.0____________Rebound Margin__________-1.1
13.7 __________Turnovers per game ________13.4
14.3________Turnovers Forced per game______18.0
+0.6____________Turnover Margin__________-4.6
from texassports.com

Statistically, Texas leads in nearly every category. Most importantly could be rebounding. Texas has dominated weaker teams on the glass with a combination of tucker, aldridge, and buckman. Penn does take the advantage is turnovers forced, and against the texas guards, that can be huge. Gibson has shown that he isnt great at protecting the ball and if penn can force him into handling the ball more than paulino, they could pressure him on defense into turning it over. putting the ball in gibson's hands is also a sure way to make sure that aldridge doesnt get too many touches. Do expect tucker to get plenty of touches as his assertiveness and competitiveness will almost undoubtedly lead to him having another huge game. If this team wants to make it deep into the tournament, they are gonna need to learn how to use aldridge and tucker's dominance inside together.

Should be a fairly easy win the Texas, although with the success the lower seeds have had in the tournament, im definitely not letting my guard down.

Go LoNgHoRnS

.... :( Go NeTs

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another note, this game will be played in dallas, a clear home field advantage for the longhorns

Go NeTs

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Texas playing great defense so far. deflections, steals, a block by gibson.

Aldridge drew first blood on a little hook from the side of the lane. Missed another but rebounded by tucker and fouled. about to shoot 2.

0-2 texas after 4:30

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aldridge with 6 of the first 7 texas points. 2 hook shots and a jumper. other point was a FT by tucker.

texas is doing a great job of making penn work for their shots, taking them deep into the shot clock.

abrams with the airball earlier. paulino reenters the game for gibson

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jabber gets the offensive rebound for penn and gets the foul call against williams. makes both. he has all 5 penn pts so far.

abrams with the travel. gibson back in

another 3 for penn

Go NeTs

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another quaker offensive board followed by a foul, this time on gibson. good defense on that position by texas. buckman misses an easy shot.

8-9 texas with less than 10 left in the half.

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tucker scores another 2 in the pain. that 3 by tucker, 8 by aldridge.

penn doing a lot of passing around the perimeter. tucker picks up a foul.

Go NeTs

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aldridge wants to be the first pick. a block followed by a rebound, followed by a nice pass outta the post.

buckman goes to the line offthe offensive rebound. makes both FT

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
penn makes another open 3. ball stolen from aldridge on the perimeter. a blocking foul on the break by texas.

texas guards still no where to be found.

Go NeTs

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gibson fails to finish at the rim.

guards still have yet to score.

another open 3 for penn. up 14-13 6 minutes left

Go NeTs

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks like if we are gonna win this, it will be because of aldridges dominance. tucker just got blocked from behind.

for once, your perimeter player dont wanna shoot for some reason. buckman hits our first 3.

tied 16-16 after 12 minutes

Go NeTs

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks like if we are gonna win this, it will be because of aldridges dominance. tucker just got blocked from behind.

for once, your perimeter player dont wanna shoot for some reason. buckman hits our first 3.

tied 16-16 after 16 minutes

Go NeTs

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Very low scoring game, but entertaining nonetheless. Aldridge has shown why he's going to be a top pick in the draft. I don't see anything from the rest of the Longhorns though, I thought Daniel Gibson was NBA caliber, I thought wrong (well, for this game at least). :sad:

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gian said:
Very low scoring game, but entertaining nonetheless. Aldridge has shown why he's going to be a top pick in the draft. I don't see anything from the rest of the Longhorns though, I thought Daniel Gibson was NBA caliber, I thought wrong (well, for this game at least). :sad:
tucker can be, but his size is a limitation. buckman will have a solid career, but not star material. tons of team would love to have a guy to bang for rebounds and block shots. plus he is a legit scoring threat in his own right.

tucker with the nice lay up after a travel earlier. williams with the put back. but we really need to cover the 3 pt line. 22-22 after tucker with the floater. 37 secs remaining the half. texas avoids their lowest scoring half of the season.

Go NeTs

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Pimped Out said:
tucker can be, but his size is a limitation. buckman will have a solid career, but not star material. tons of team would love to have a guy to bang for rebounds and block shots. plus he is a legit scoring threat in his own right.
From what I've seen, Tucker can be a tweaked Bonzi Wells at best. God knows how that'll go.

You think Penn's gonna cool down from 3 soon?

·
18,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gian said:
From what I've seen, Tucker can be a tweaked Bonzi Wells at best. God knows how that'll go.

You think Penn's gonna cool down from 3 soon?
i surely hope so. penn has yet to do any damage from inside so id like to see the guards stay at home on the perimeter and make than show they can score against against our front court before we start giving open 3s.

Go NeTs

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.