Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

Detroit Pistons (42-24) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (32-34)

Time: 8:00 PM
Date: 3.23.05
Venue: Wachovia Center

Starting Lineups:

Even though we're locked into the #2 spot, this is an important game in that you don't want to fall back into bad habits, nor do you want losing streaks. Philadelphia is trying to make the playoffs, so they'll come out hard. We have to do a better job tonight of matching the opponents intensity tonight.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Im hoping this one will be replayed later at night. I have to play ball tonight and will miss at least the first 3 quarters. My prayers for the game will be ENERGY, better substitutions, and ball movement. I like posting up Tay and Sheed, but lately when they post up everyone else seems to stand around and watch, which makes it far too easy for teams to defend andtakes away passing lanes for Tay out of the post.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Looking forward to watching tonights game. I really haven't seen Delfino since he has gotten back from injury. Hopefully since we got run out of the gym yesterday we will play much better tonight.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris Webber is on pace to have his biggest game as a Sixer and it would come against us, I'm happy for him though.

No defense on our part and it's not really suprising considering they way we played yesterday.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Oh my god are we going to shoot free throws? I was begining to wonder if we'd get a call all night.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EC and Lindsey on the court at the same time... Looks like Heard has orders to get guys ready for the playoffs.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nice to see Elden on the court, i'm assuming they are trying to get him ready come playoff time as CJ said.

Not nice to see our defence just collapsing in the first quarter. Philly has been getting outside shots from everywhere, we never seem to contest them and we don't bother to switch on the pick and roll.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
One thing I was wondering the other day- when was the last time you saw anyone on this team take a charge? Seriously, I can't remember the last time it happened. We don't take charges, we don't fight over screens. This team has been just so complacent.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so we gave them a 14 point head start by not matching their effort or intensity, so now I guess we'll either wake up and see that we can't win just by showing up or we'll get continue with our lackluster effort and get blown out.

No need to pick on individuals because everyone is playing bad.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I think Darko can manage to do a little better than dribbling the ball off his foot in the post. Maybe he'll miss a dunk, but that's better than dribbling it off your foot.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike luvs KG said:
One thing I was wondering the other day- when was the last time you saw anyone on this team take a charge? Seriously, I can't remember the last time it happened. We don't take charges, we don't fight over screens. This team has been just so complacent.
Very good question and I can't think of the last time either. The don't fight through screens, take charges, or close out on shooters. They're just plain lazy at times. These past two games we've come full cirlce to how we were playing earlier in the year.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts