Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

Detroit Pistons (48-27) vs. Miami Heat (56-20)

Time: 1:00 PM
Date: 4.9.05
Venue: American Airlines Arena

Starting Lineups:

Not sure if Shaq is playing or not.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Since we have basically clinched the central i hope shaq plays, so they have no excuse for their loss when we beat them :cheers:

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking we don't show our hand defensively. We play them like everyone else does, then switch it up for the playoffs.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
espn.com:

In the Pistons' locker room, opinions differed on the coming
matchup with the Heat -- who already have clinched the No. 1 seed in
the East.

Just another game," said a dismissive Ben Wallace, who had 12
points, nine rebounds and four blocks. "Cannot win the
championship on Sunday. Cannot. No way possible.

"It's going to be a game everybody wants to watch," Richard Hamilton said. "It's going to be a dogfight"

Rasheed Wallace (22 points) said he had different priorities:
"I'm excited about South Beach!"
go sheed...

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get the feeling that a lot of people feel that Detroit has to beat Miami to prove something to themsleves when that's really not the case. The season series is 1-1.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ORLANDO -- Sunday's game between the Miami Heat and Pistons must be big, because a Miami reporter actually got coach Larry Brown to talk about it before the Pistons beat Orlando on Friday night.

The two top teams in the Eastern Conference battle at 1 p.m. in Miami on ABC television.

"These guys would tell you that usually I don't talk about something like this with us playing Orlando tonight," Brown said about the reporters who follow the team. "I've admired what they've done.

"Stan has done a phenomenal job. I think they're playing as well as anybody in the league. Shaq has been phenomenal. Dwyane has been great. It has been a great story. They've put together a lot of good pieces to complement each of them. Obviously, they're fighting for the best record. We're trying to get better."

"To me, it's just another game -- one of 82," said Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace. "I think the media is more excited about it than we are. Nobody really knows what's going to happen."
From today's Free Press...

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Game is basically meaningless. After how Miami has been playing lately without Shaq, I don't see them winning. Pistons have been on a roll lately. Would be nice to win out the season.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
I talked to Shaq on the phone, and he wasn't going to play.

But I told him about how I lost $150 playing poker at Greektown tonight, and so he's decided to suit up and make you Detroit *******s pay!

Unfortunately, everything is factual besides me talking to Shaq. :(

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It sucks Shaq isn't going to play. I pray the team doesn't see this as a game not worth trying. It would be so embarassing to lose. We'd never hear the end of it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
JoeD said:
It sucks Shaq isn't going to play. I pray the team doesn't see this as a game not worth trying. It would be so embarassing to lose. We'd never hear the end of it.
Well we did beat their full roster in our first meeting with them when Ben Wallace was out. And this was in the middle of our slump (losing to Charlotte, Milwaukee and getting blown out by Cleveland), so maybe we could bring that up if we somehow lose to a Shaq-less heat.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Our team has already proven that we can play below anybody this season. Lets hope they come out with the energy and ball movement that they have been playing with recently. If they do? I predict a 7-10 point win. If they dont? it could get ugly real fast. And the media will pull no punches. Cause lets face it...the national media is ready to annoint the Heat the champs already.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Even without shaq this game should have a playoff atmosphere. After Miami today and chicago tommorow the rest of our games are against bad teams. Thank god the playoffs are almost here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Anyone for a tasty Rasheed tidbit?

"Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace, doesn't mind that some observers think the Heat has become the team to beat in the East: 'There are some peasants in the kingdom throwing rocks at the throne, but that's OK.'

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/basketball/11357227.htm

You have to register, but it's a good read.

Man, Rasheed says some of the funniest things I swear...

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As long as Sheed backs up his talk with his play, which he usually does, I'm fine with it. Funny quote, but it's not as "bad" as him guaranteeing victory in the playoffs. And not nearly as bad as Shaq's statement that Rip is the only player on our team with talent.

Thanks for the article btw.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
No Shaq, but we can't let that change the way we approach the game.

We beat them without Ben Wallace, they can beat us without Shaq if we're not careful.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm interested to see what exactly Alonzo Mourning can bring to the table. As long as we continue to share the ball and play team ball we'll be okay.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where are the fans?

Don't like the first possession at all. It's nice to get Ben involved offensively, but have him feed off others instead of creating his own offense.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Pistons have went with Prince guarding Wade (finally) and Miami looks like they'll see how effective Wade can be guarding Prince. Possibly to help him fatigue wise.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts