Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's days away still, but I can't wait. What's everyone's predictions for the game?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Something tells me that IU's average of 100 points per game is going to drop...

I'm a little upset that IU won't be playing Duke with D.J. in there, but it should be good nonetheless.

Homer pick...
IU 72 DUKE 68

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Without DJ my common sense is telling me that IU will lose this one...

My heart says differently

IU 82
Duke 79

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Did you guys watch the Duke-Memphis game? Duke didn't look like a number one team at all against Memphis and I feel that Memphis was the better team in this one. Duke's defense is very suspect and with the way Killingsworth seems to be playing, I think something special will happen in Bloomington for Coach Davis.

I can smell upset baby.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apelman42 said:
Did you guys watch the Duke-Memphis game? Duke didn't look like a number one team at all against Memphis and I feel that Memphis was the better team in this one. Duke's defense is very suspect...
The 5th game of the season. Half your team is made up of freshman. You lose one of your starters (I don't care how much of a non-factor you think Nelson is). Boston, SH, Davidson, Drexel - not the greatest competition to get things going. I wouldn't be too worried. But if you hate Duke, of course you're going to point out the weaknesses, especially early in the season when the mistakes are plenteous.

As for this...

and with the way Killingsworth seems to be playing.
How come you didn't mention Shelden Williams? The guy coming off a 30pt performance and an NIT MVP? He's pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
My bad TM.

I know that Shelden has been playing some incredible offense, but he's all alone on defense under the basket. I'm not discrediting Duke at all and I never said I didn't like them, all I'm saying is that Duke's defense looked extremely shotty and they're going into a tough place to play on Wednesday.

Should be a good game, but I have a feeling about this one for IU.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never said I didn't like them
You're right. My fault.

apelman42 said:
I know that Shelden has been playing some incredible offense, but he's all alone on defense under the basket.
I agree. Minus that 9 block game, his defense hasn't really impressed me, especially that first game. I thought to myself several times - "This guy was DPOY last year?!?!"

all I'm saying is that Duke's defense looked extremely shotty and they're going into a tough place to play on Wednesday.
Somewhat right again. They were solid in that Seton Hall game. But, can't expect your offense to save you.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
As much as I want the Big 10 to finally win the challenge, I think that Duke takes this one....I think Wisconsin has a great chance of beating Wake Forest, though.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, i don't doubt it. but we're talking about him pushing around Shelden Williams - 260lbs of pure muscle. he's gonna need some pretty good leverage to do much pushin.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ghost said:
How long is DJ White out for?
Correct me if I'm wrong B10 fans, but I believe he supposed to be out for the original time - 6-8 weeks. That was only Davis' wishful thinking talking out loud when the 2-4 weeks was reported the day after the incident. Although, I heard on an Andy Katz interview that the time may be cut down a bit due to some quick healing, but Katz said he still wouldn't play this Wednesday. He did say though that A.J. Ratliff would see some action, but it he would be coming off the bench behind Strickland.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pre-game talk:
"We have every guy contributing for us. I think that gives us one up on Duke -- we are just deeper than they are." - Strickland
You're kidding, right? If Duke can get Marco in fould trouble, the Hoosiers are done for. It's nearly as bad for Duke, but at least they have McRoberts - and Boateng, if you want to count him :laugh:

"[J.J. Redick] has a complete game, so he's going to be a tough assignment. But I'm up to the challenge." - Monroe
IU fans better hope he is.

"We're going to make them run with us and see if they can keep up. They won't expect us to be as fast as we are."
Please Marshall. You don't think they're prepared for you guys?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Wow Indiana is good. Down 16 to 4 in the first minutes?

Unreal that this team gets to play North Carolina and Duke in this challenge.

I hope I'm wrong, but if things keep going the way they are, this will be over at halftime.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
apelman42 said:
I hope I'm wrong, but if things keep going the way they are, this will be over at halftime.
:confused:

Marco is a monster. First off, he looks like he's 35. Second ~ I didn't know he's left-handed. That's an advantage in and of itself! I love that guy and I've only watched him play for 20minutes... Is Shelden Williams playing tonight? K better go get him off the bus or wherever he is... Assembly Hall is one of the Top 5 places to play when the students are actually into the game. Man I love college basketball.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts