Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Pistons are giving 7 on vbookie. I will put my points on them.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I expect a close game, Pistons are on the end of a back to back swing and on a roadtrip. They played their starters heavy last night in a tough game and I wouldn't expect a blowout as I normally would. If we do smoke them however, wow we are good lol

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
I agree 100% with Case. The Pistons normally would look at tonight's game as a blowout. But as I said last night, tonight isn't going to be a cakewalk on the heels of the Suns game.

So far, it looks like we're right. But, right now, I don't think it matters what kind of shape we're in, the JailBlazers have come out on fire tonight. They'll cool off and I think the Pistons will right the ship and come out ahead, but right now those Blazers look damn good from every spot on the court.

-Chris.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Does anybody out there actually NEED PBP tonight? If so I'll give. But if not I'm not going to bother. They're on ESPN, so I don't see anybody needing it... but if so...

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
ESPN just went to comercial... and I've gotta say the Pistons look like they're a step behind on defense. And even when they're right on, the Blazers are hitting shots with hands in their faces. Randolph's rainbow is accurate and tough to block no matter how close you are... it's going to be a good one, if only because the `Stons are tired out there.

-Chris.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
47-38. The offense is decent but we are playing horribly. Nice timeout by Saunders. I hope we pull back into this because we are more than a step behind on defense. I know we are having a back-to-back game but we are letting the Blazers shoot .559%. How many other teams let the Blazers shoot at that rate? Rebounding is mediocre at best.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Fatigue is showing a little, but they look quite disinterested at times. The zone that Flip has them playing is really hurting their defensive attitude. No one is going for the block and the opposing guards are blowing by our backcourt and forcing the bigs to rotate. Dice had better start playin his butt off, he has been far less than himself so far, if he isnt ready yet put in D. At least D will play defense and alter shots. By far the slowest they have looked yet this season. On the other hand, Randolph and Miles are having career nights to go along with some terrible whistles and were only down by 7. Very winnable, we need the bench to get some time and turn up the intensity with their fresh legs.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
As expected, your team has caught up and in all probability, will win the game tonight. Hope your team wins! :clap: You've got a great team. :clap: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Congrats! Nice win! :cheers: :clap:

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
Copper said:
Fatigue is showing a little, but they look quite disinterested at times. The zone that Flip has them playing is really hurting their defensive attitude. No one is going for the block and the opposing guards are blowing by our backcourt and forcing the bigs to rotate. Dice had better start playin his butt off, he has been far less than himself so far, if he isnt ready yet put in D. At least D will play defense and alter shots. By far the slowest they have looked yet this season. On the other hand, Randolph and Miles are having career nights to go along with some terrible whistles and were only down by 7. Very winnable, we need the bench to get some time and turn up the intensity with their fresh legs.
Great game to watch. But those are hardly career games for Miles and Randolph. Zach is a 20/10 PF, and Miles at least this season, is getting 20/8 every night.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Just wanted to say cangratulations on the victory tonight from a Blazers fan. Did I expect this game to be that close......hell no. I think Nate McMillan is starting to rub off on these young Blazers. Anyways, I just want to say that it was a really fun game to watch. Plus we got some love over on the Blazer's board from IrishFury, so I thought I would return it. Very passionate game tonight. And it was also really nice to see Sheed back at the Garden. Good luck with the season, er.....until we meet again in Detroit...haha

Prunetang

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
Man Hamilton is deadly this season. And of course Sheed has to hit a clutch 3 or two...Like I said above, great game to watch and even on TV the crowd was loud tonight. Players got into it as well.

Hopefully the next time we play each other you guys will be coming off another back to back.:D

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Deeeeeeetroit Basketball!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
CelticPagan said:
Please don't continue the old "JailBlazer" reference. None of those players are even on the team anymore.
I agree, it's a cheap shot and it shouldn't be said. Folks should show more class than that.

That said, Rueben Patterson IS still on the team.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts