Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center>
vs.

Boston Celtics (3-3) vs. Detroit Pistons (6-0)

Monday, Nov. 14, 2005
Palace of Aurburn Hills
7:30 PM

Probable Starters:

Mark Blount l Raef LaFrentz l Paul Pierce l Ricky Davis l Delonte West

Ben Wallace l Rasheed Wallace l Tayshaun Prince l Richard Hamilton l Chauncey Billups

Pistons Roster
Celtics Roster</center>

Preparing for a matchup against Bruce Bowen, Paul Pierce had defense on his mind before last night's game against the Spurs at the TD Banknorth Garden. Bowen, a member of the NBA's All-Defensive first team last season, received restrained praise from the Celtics' captain.

''He gets the toughest assignments night in and night out."

More interesting than Pierce's assessment of Bowen was his contention that he should be considered for All-Defensive first-team honors. Pierce theorized all that stood between him and some defensive recognition was the absence of a top shot blocker on the Celtics. He figures Bowen has Tim Duncan, Tayshaun Prince has Ben Wallace, and Dwyane Wade has Shaquille O'Neal.
...''Even Tayshaun Prince. I don't think he plays great defense. He has two of the best shot blockers in the game [Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace]. If a guy blows by you, then the shot blockers block the shot and you call that great defense."

Link to Article

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont think the pistons will have any problems tonight. Pistons by 12
90-102

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
The spread is 9 and I bet heavy the one soon to be Champs

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Ah the Celtics started using phillys logo? Seriously though should be a good game hopefully I can catch some of it on tv.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Brian said:
Ah the Celtics started using phillys logo? Seriously though should be a good game hopefully I can catch some of it on tv.
The teams merged in order to try and give the Pistons a better run for there money.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our interior defense looks pretty bad. The last time our offense looked bad was also against Boston, I wonder if that's coincidence or not.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
DetBNyce said:
Our interior defense looks pretty bad. The last time our offense looked bad was also against Boston, I wonder if that's coincidence or not.
Maybe Doc knows something good about Flips system or maybe they got lucky last time and kept the same gameplan for this one.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kamego said:
Maybe Doc knows something good about Flips system or maybe they got lucky last time and kept the same gameplan for this one.

Yea that's what I was thinking, or we could be do for a bad game, or as they're proving now we could just be off to a slow start.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the kind of baskets I envisioned Mo Evans scoring when we signed him, not that i mind the three's.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
DetBNyce said:
Yea that's what I was thinking, or we could be do for a bad game, or as they're proving now we could just be off to a slow start.
Flip will get it together. He said he wanted to rest some starters tonight I am sure they might be a bit tired from that long road trip.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Scalabrine on Maxiell mismatch lol

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was that Carlos? Ben looks pretty horrible on defense too. Los has to get it together because right now there is a huge drop off between his play and Chauncey's.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Flip said he wanted to cut Bens minutes down for this game, maybe they should. I have no problem letting Darko and maybe even Davis play some good minutes tonight.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
DetBNyce said:
Darko or Dale are going to have to play in a minute if Dice keeps up his foul pace.
I say we put them both out there for a bit and rest Dice and Ben. Maybe they can do something. We need to cut this 10 point lead down and maybe fresh bodies will help.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Nice to see us come out and play like cupcakes for the 3rd game in a row.

Lost in the 6-0 start is how bad the defense has been outside of 4th quarters.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
Nice to see us come out and play like cupcakes for the 3rd game in a row.

Lost in the 6-0 start is how bad the defense has been outside of 4th quarters.
Atleast it plays well in that quarter. I am just happy we aren't 12-12 to start the season.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is the only time Ben should touch the ball. It's suprising that our interior defense is as terrible as it is now, yet the perimeter defense irs doing alright. It's usually the other way around.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts