1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George Washington

vs

UMASS

Records: George Washington (7-9, 1-2 A 10) / UMASS (12-4, 2-1 A 10)
Game time: 4PM EST
TV: None
Radio: George Washington FederalNewsRadio.com, 1500 AM / UMASS WEEI (105.5 FM, 1440 AM), WATD (95.9 FM)
Websites: George Washington / UMASS

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Did I hear right, they're retiring Camby's number before the game? (Or maybe it was half time). I still have mixed feelings about that, but seeing how that Final Four banner is still hanging, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
we're expecting close to a sell out for this one, which is all the indication i need that retiring camby's number is the right thing to do. he obviously has a lot of meaning to a lot of umass fans, despite his actions off the court. i'm saddened i can't make it today, should be a good one.

ps: went to a maine red claws yesterday and watched chris wright single handedly snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. i also got to see former uconn stiff josh boone airball a layup in a tie game with a minute to go. yay d-league.

·
Registered
606 Posts
WTF were we thinking scheduling GW on Marcus Camby's day?

GW had a great plan to handle us at both ends of the floor, and executed it with a young team on the road. All credit to them. Killer loss for us.

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
WTF were we thinking scheduling GW on Marcus Camby's day?

GW had a great plan to handle us at both ends of the floor, and executed it with a young team on the road. All credit to them. Killer loss for us.
Ahem, scheduling Marcus Camby Day for when we faced GW. I also think that we thought we'd be better than we are right now. This next step we were supposed to take with the same team back just hasn't happened.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We are obviously still close to the bottom of the conference, but we don't stink. We have good young players and some decent veterans. We are not the easy win that many of you may think we are. Give the frosh a year of experience and add a couple of pieces (a 3 point shooter and a ball handler) and we join the rest of you guys in the top 100 once again.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
The odds were eventually going to even out for both teams. GW has had some close losses (like Tempe the other night) and it seems every UMass win was a close come from behind variety. You can't win or lose like that every time out.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
well in fairness we've now lost 3 players from the nit team of last year. i suspect that with either morgan or farrell or for that matter jordan laguerre i think we win that game simply because there would've been more minutes to go around among the guards from thursday to saturday.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Aaaaaand, that should do it.

N.I.T N.I.T N.I.T!

I don't want top hear this BS about missing 3 from last years NIT team. That is a crap excuse. Putney is playing like schit and that is the difference. He play a little better in the second half bnut he still gets to many dumb fouls - he is just not the same player from last year.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Aaaaaand, that should do it.

N.I.T N.I.T N.I.T!

I don't want top hear this BS about missing 3 from last years NIT team. That is a crap excuse. Putney is playing like schit and that is the difference. He play a little better in the second half bnut he still gets to many dumb fouls - he is just not the same player from last year.
let's be honest, if you drop the second leading scorer from almost every a10 squad, said squad would have trouble turning a winning record in this league.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
K I would normally agree with you on that point, but Riley is more than an adequate fill in. Freddie playing Morgan's minutes should cover most of that missing production.

This is on Putney. He is just not the same player this year.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts