Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Game Thread: George Washington @ Xavier (Saturday 1/12/13)

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  bprichard 
#1 ·
George Washington

vs

Xavier

Records: George Washington (7-7, 1-0 A 10) / Xavier (8-6, 1-0 A 10)
Game time: 4PM EST
TV: CBS College Sports Network
Radio: FederalNewsRadio.com, 1500 AM / 700 AM WLW
Websites: George Washington Xavier

See less See more
#4 ·
X should not recognize GWs team this year, as we start 4 frosh and 1 transfer. The 4 frosh all should be solid players some day, but being freshman, you never know what you are going to get. Further, our defense has not yet caught up with our offense yet. Hope we can be competitive on the road against a perenial power.

#15 ·
(expected result, no drama, and relatively little in the way of GW posters on the board these days)
I was out of town so I only heard the first half of the game online. --Not that I could provide any mind blowing analysis anyway...But here's something to wrinkle your brain: Did you know there is a hidden Washington Monument in the "W" of the GW logo? I'm a pretty big fan of the school, and I only found that out three weeks ago.

Anyway, congrats on the win. Maybe we'll get ya next year. :)

#16 ·
I was out of town so I only heard the first half of the game online. --Not that I could provide any mind blowing analysis anyway...But here's something to wrinkle your brain: Did you know there is a hidden Washington Monument in the "W" of the GW logo? I'm a pretty big fan of the school, and I only found that out three weeks ago.

Anyway, congrats on the win. Maybe we'll get ya next year. :)
Son of a Bitch!

Right up the middle part of the "W."

I commend you, sir. That was value-added information. And kudos to your graphic design department.

#8 ·
Damn. Thought playing X would provide us with the rare opportunity to get a mention on this board, but that doesn't seem to have worked. FWIW,There is a lot of young talent on GW and you see us moving up in the conference over the next couple of years. Longergan is definitely recruiting better players to GW than Hobbs, at least the post recruiting scandal Hobbs. Remember the name Patricio Garino all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.