Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

32-37, Second, Northwest ...............32-36, Fourth, Southwest

Monday, March 27th, 7:00 MST at home. Televised on League Pass, FSN, and CST.

http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=254161
[B]Come put a vBookie bet on the Jazz![/B]

Probable Starters

..............................................Memo Okur

Carlos Boozer....................Andrei Kirilenko....................Matt Harpring

.............................................Deron Williams

vs. The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets

PJ Brown...David West..Rasual Butler...Kirk Snyder...Chris Paul

The Hornets started off this season strong, but they've fallen apart lately, losing twelve of their last thirteen games. They have the likely ROY in Chris Paul, but there's something wrong in NOK that nobody can figure out.

Not a team to be scared of at this point; Utah can take them.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
"Not a team to be scared of at this point; Utah can take them."

I wasn't scared of knicks, I wasn't scared of the bobcats, I wasn't scared of the sonics, I wasn't scared of the magic. So that means any game is losable or winable for the jazz.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AK-47 said:
If I would of known that West wasn't playing I would of predicted a jazz win. The rookie shows up the ROY Chris Paul.
What's up with West? I PM'd the mod of the Hornets board last night to get their starting lineup because I didn't know it. He/She responded with the lineup I used on the game thread, so that's who I went with...and West was playing last night against the Lakers--didn't look hurt then. So what's happened with him between last night's LA game and tonight's game against the Jazz? Anybody know?

Laurie

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
endora60 said:
Boozer rocked tonight. Never fails to amaze me.

Laurie

I mean, he was gone for a year. He comes back and is putting up these kind of numbers??? that is what amazes me. I was expected, and you remember me saying, that he would be getting 19/8, but he is getting 25/11 in the last 7 games since he began starting. And he has been doing it at the center posistion. I really hope we dont trade him because if he goes to next year and is playing as good as he is now, he could very easily be at the all star game. Because not many people in the NBA are averaging 20/10. Maybe garnett, yao, duncan?, brand (maybe), howard....

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AK-47 said:
I mean, he was gone for a year. He comes back and is putting up these kind of numbers??? that is what amazes me. I was expected, and you remember me saying, that he would be getting 19/8, but he is getting 25/11 in the last 7 games since he began starting. And he has been doing it at the center posistion. I really hope we dont trade him because if he goes to next year and is playing as good as he is now, he could very easily be at the all star game. Because not many people in the NBA are averaging 20/10. Maybe garnett, yao, duncan?, brand (maybe), howard....
I can't help it, AK. I don't trust Boozer. Is he playing this way because he's finally decided to go all-out...or because he wants to look good for a trade to a team he really wants to play for?

Laurie

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
endora60 said:
I can't help it, AK. I don't trust Boozer. Is he playing this way because he's finally decided to go all-out...or because he wants to look good for a trade to a team he really wants to play for?

Laurie

I have had a lot of feelings of mine come true. the only one that didn't was injuries (which are never predictable). But when boozer is out there, it looks like he is trying to grab every rebound. That is huge, because we then gain posesion of the ball. He is a solid scorer inside, and if he was trying to force his shot all the time then he wouldn't be getting 4 apg on top of his 25 ppg shooting over 60% from the field. This is the comparassion on him with the players on the other team at the same posistion that he has been playing latley.

Kings
Kenny Thomos

11 points/8 rebounds 5-9 shooting

Carlos Boozer

19 point/16 rebound 8-14 shooting

Wizards
Brendan Haywood

2 points/2 rebounds 0-1 shooting

Carlos Boozer

30 points/9 rebounds 12-16 shooting

Suns
Boris Diaw

16 ponits/7 rebound 8-14 shooting

Carlos Boozer

23 points/10 rebounds 10-18 shooting

Grizzles
Pau Gasol

15 points/10 rebounds 5-16 shooting

Carlos Boozer

19 points/9 rebounds 9-13 shooting

Hawks
Zaza Pachulia

19 points/15 rebounds (no one else got even 6) 7-17 shooting

Carlos Boozer

21 points/11 rebounds 8-14 shooting

Magic
Tony Battie

19 points/7 rebounds 7-10 shooting

Carlos Boozer

30 points/10 rebounds 13-23 shooting

Hornets
P.J. Brown
10 points/8 rebounds 5-8 shooting

Carlos Boozer
21 points/8 rebounds 8-16 shooting

I know these are not the best players in the league, but pau gasol and Boris diaw, he even played better than them. (I'm not entirely certain if he was gaurding this player all the time, nor am I taking into account if someone else played help defense.) I'm just simply pointing out that boozer is winning the numbers in the position he is playing while they other is not.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
endora60 said:

Laurie
this is what he said in the NBA chat that he did with his fans...

Carlos Boozer: "To all the fans, thanks for the support. Stick with the Jazz, we'll do our best to get in the playoffs and work hard for you in the future."

Key word is "future". So maybe he plans on staying? If that is true, than very good news. Boozer is da man!

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AK-47 said:
this is what he said in the NBA chat that he did with his fans...

Carlos Boozer: "To all the fans, thanks for the support. Stick with the Jazz, we'll do our best to get in the playoffs and work hard for you in the future."

Key word is "future". So maybe he plans on staying? If that is true, than very good news. Boozer is da man!
And you've never heard a player BS about his plans for his future?

Laurie

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
endora60 said:
And you've never heard a player BS about his plans for his future?

Laurie
After what he did in cleveland, no. He should know better by now to not tell the media anything or tell them he was staying if he wasn't really going to stay. That is what makes it interesting.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AK-47 said:
After what he did in cleveland, no. He should know better by now to not tell the media anything or tell them he was staying if he wasn't really going to stay. That is what makes it interesting.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope you're right. I hope he's not just saying all the right things and praying he finds a way out of town before next season. With him healthy and getting back into the swing of things, this is looking like a pretty decent Jazz team.

Laurie

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
endora60 said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope you're right. I hope he's not just saying all the right things and praying he finds a way out of town before next season. With him healthy and getting back into the swing of things, this is looking like a pretty decent Jazz team.

Laurie
heard rumor that him and miller are friends. And that he is liking playing around a promising rookie PG, a defensive machine kirilenko, and being the go to go.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AK-47 said:
heard rumor that him and miller are friends. And that he is liking playing around a promising rookie PG, a defensive machine kirilenko, and being the go to go.
Yeah, that's a lot to think well of. Must be nice to go from Most Despised Player to center of attention in the space of thirty games :laugh:

I just hope he's not conning everybody....

Laurie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.