<center>PPG 17.5
<center>RPG 3.60
<center>APG 2.70
<center>Last Game Stats: 40min/8pts/4reb/4asts/1stl/1blk

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Kings notes: Being called highest-paid coach shocks Adelman

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - Kings coach Rick Adelman picked up USA Today on Wednesday and said he immediately realized he needed to make two phone calls.

He wasn't shocked enough to provide an accurate figure of his salary this season or the extension he signed Feb. 1. But Adelman said he was amazed a national paper didn't show more intelligence or responsibility.

"After I saw that in the paper," he said, "I called the (Kings) office. But that was after calling my accountant. There's a lot of money I've been missing if that was right. I'm in Sacramento, not in New York. Why would anybody think I would be the highest-paid coach in the league?

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Mark Kreidler: Team needs Bobby Jackson now

Bobby Jackson the slouch: Is there a less congruous image?

Does anything feel more out of place in the Kings' world than the notion of Jackson as a Tin Man? For a couple of years, one of the most dependable facets of the team was the full-bore effort up and down the floor that could routinely be counted on from two people, Doug Christie and Jackson. They were the backbone. They were the character guys.

"Last year," Jackson says, "I think a lot of people looked at me like, 'You know what? You cost us the playoffs.' "

Is there any corner of the basketball universe in which that thought gains serious traction? If there is, I'd love to see it. It must be the same place where Ron Artest is voted Citizen of the Year.

Yet here stands Jackson, accused and (by some) convicted of malingering his way through the playoffs last season. He had a strained abdomen, and he didn't play despite appearing at least capable of going through the motions during pre-game drills and the like; and he then endured the fallout, which was remarkably toxic for a player otherwise so well regarded.

Even in a diminished capacity, Bobby Jackson's effort would make the Kings better.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Kings' heart missing strong beat

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Kings showed tremendous consistency during their 99-82 loss to the defending NBA champion Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night.

In falling to sixth place in the Western Conference playoff race, the Kings couldn't make open shots, couldn't defend drives to the basket, couldn't handle the ball against aggressive defensive pressure.

And the Kings couldn't come up with enough heart to make a game of it against an opponent that was ripe for the taking.

The Pistons had dropped four of their previous five games, then lost their starting point guard when Chauncey Billups picked up two technical fouls with 2.8 seconds left in the first half.

With consistency like that, who needs the playoffs?

Kings coach Rick Adelman said he believed his team played hard but couldn't make shots.

Granted, the Kings were without center Brian Skinner, who had a stomach virus and didn't accompany the team to the arena. And the Kings did shoot poorly, making 27 of 69 field-goal attempts (39.1 percent) and just 3 of 17 from three-point range.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow...I didn't know Gund Arena was that pretty. :laugh:

I hope Skinner is getting better and plays. We really need him. A 1-1 on this roadtrip will be great. Plus, we really need to get back on track on winning on the road. Cavs a good home team, so I hope the Kings come out with more effort in this game!! I will be disappointed if they don't.

GO KINGS!!! :banana:

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleveland Cavaliers play Chicago Bulls today and welcome the Kings tommrow, hopefully the back to back games slow the Cavs enough for the Kings to get a victory.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Peja Vu said:
The Kings won the first matchup of the year 123-96.

Ostertag should get some minutes in this game, going up against Big Z, right?
Unless hes loses 20 pounds and gets on Adelman's good side before the game... no :D but i sure hope so, he isnt that bad on the defensive side of the ball.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Lebron to DESTROY you's and get up at 35 points about. If Mobley plays well on Lebron well you have a chance but i am leaning towards the Cavs.

Go Kings But :)

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kings search for themselves, wins - and answer to James

"This is a totally different team than we had then," the coach said. "You don't know with our team, and that's why I keep saying, I just want to get wins and get to the playoffs.
"I always was comfortable with the team we had that we weren't going to go on a five-game losing streak. That was just not going to happen. I don't know yet with this team, but I hope it's the same way. ...
"When we've had to have games, they've come out and played hard, so I hope that's the case."
"We have some things that we used to do that give us a different look on the floor, and we kind of went through some of those (Thursday)," Adelman said. "It's pretty simple stuff. It's similar to what Detroit does, some motion stuff, and maybe we need to add that.
"(Wednesday), I thought we had the same look all the time. And that's not good. It's too easy. Our big guys were at the elbow no matter what we did, and we have to change that."
"If the game is going good, and the flow is going good, he doesn't force anything," Adelman said of James, who entered Thursday night fourth in the NBA in scoring average (26.3 points). "That's what you admire about the guy. But if they're struggling, he's going to have the ball.
"He's a son of a gun. I just like the way he plays. He just doesn't always shoot the ball."

"Magic, when he first came into the league, was a great passer," the coach said. "He pushed the ball, and he could get to the basket but wasn't a great outside shooter and didn't have the post-up game he had later on. He gradually kind of built his game.
"Michael had a lot of stuff going for him early, but I don't think Michael was nearly as strong as LeBron. I just think he's ahead of Michael in the way he plays right now, especially playing on an (average) team."

1 - 20 of 50 Posts