Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
<center>

<center> VS
<center>

<center> ARCO ARENA
<center>

<center>Probable Lineups

Mike Bibby/Cuttino Mobley/ Peja Stojakovic/ Kenny Thomas/Brian Skinner

Troy Hudson/Trenton Hassell/Latrell Sprewell/Kevin Garnett/Michael Olowokandi

<center>Previous Game's
<center> KINGS 128 CAVALIERS 109
<center>Box Score

<center> SUNS 107 TIMBERWOLVES 98
<center>Box Score

<center> Key Matchup

<center>Kevin Garnett

<center>PPG 22.3
<center>RPG 13.7
<center>APG 5.60
<center>Last Game Stats: 34min/15pts/15reb/3ast/2stl/1blk

<center> Kenny Thomas

<center>PPG 12.2
<center>RPG 7.20
<center>APG 2.00
<center>Last Game Stats: 31min/18pts/8reb/4ast/1stl/1blk

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AnDrOiDKing4 said:
Just force them to give the ball to Sprewell and he will win it for us :D
HAhah. I'd say hes a bit streaky also but, when hes on he can carry the Timberwolves. Also Hassell is know to give Peja some trouble defensively, but hopefully Peja rides his momentum from the Cavs game and really makes Hassell work hard on D, while scoring 28pts :biggrin:.

Game Prediction

Kings 112
Timberwolves 102

Peja 28pts 6rebs 4asts 2stl
Skinner 13pts 14rebs
Bibby 21pts 9asts

KG 21pts 11reb 5asts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Good game thread.

I don't see Skinner or Thomas being able to contain KG and therefore Minnesota should win.

Prediction

T-Wolves 106
Kings 97

·
Registered
521 Posts
^But no one could really stop KG, soo...:laugh:

I think this is a bigger game for Wolves only because this is their last hope for the playoffs?

But then again, it's also a big game for Kings because if we beat the Wolves, our magic number is 1!

I hope ARCO is loud and gives the team a big boost to help the team win.
I hope the Kings players play with lots of effort, score, play D, rebound and limit TOs. It's hard to stop KG, so stop his teammates and just make sure KG have tough shots. If Kings do this, it'll be a great victory!!

BIG GAME!!! GO KINGS!!!! :banana:

PS: So Cassell haven't being starting lately, huh?

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Nice thread!! Going to give this one to the Kings... Even though we have NO answer for KG, I think the Kings will take them out, they will be quicker, more athletic, and better than the Wolves (Who woulda thunk?)

Kings - 104
Wolves - 96

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Twix said:
^But no one could really stop KG, soo...:laugh:

I think this is a bigger game for Wolves only because this is their last hope for the playoffs?

But then again, it's also a big game for Kings because if we beat the Wolves, our magic number is 1!

I hope ARCO is loud and gives the team a big boost to help the team win.
I hope the Kings players play with lots of effort, score, play D, rebound and limit TOs. It's hard to stop KG, so stop his teammates and just make sure KG have tough shots. If Kings do this, it'll be a great victory!!

BIG GAME!!! GO KINGS!!!! :banana:

PS: So Cassell haven't being starting lately, huh?
I know I will be loud. This game will be televised on ABC in the morning. Nothing like waking up at 9 to watch a Kings game. :rock:

·
Banned
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
This will be a great game as the Kings and Timberwolves go head to head. The Kings have an obvious advantage in depth and at almost every position except PF. At PG, you have Mike Bibby and Troy Hudson, with the obvious advantage for the Kings as Bibby reads the play beautifully and plays the ball so easily. At SG, Cuttino Mobley takes on Trenton Hassell, i give the advantage again to the Kings as Mobley is a proven veteran and Hassell has been a career benchwarmer. At SF, Peja will throw down against Latrell Sprewell and obviously the advantage bar is on the Kings side since Peja has height and his amazing shooting ability. There is no chance for Kenny Thomas to keep up with Kevin Garnett who is arguabley the best player in the NBA. This could be the one area which could lead the T-Wolves to victory as Garnett can drive over Thomas. At C, the incumbent Michael Olowakandi is too slow for Brian Skinner but does have a size advantage which makes this an even battle. THe gamebreaker will likely be the ability of Bibby to find Peja who needs to shoot the lights out. If Sprewell can pressure Peja and shut him down and Garnett can drive to the hoop it will be a T-Wolves victory. All in all I doubt this will occur and I am predicting a 96-89 victory for the Kings with Peja getting 23 points and Bibby gaining 10 assists. Garnett will lead the T-Wolves with 29 points and 13 rebounds in the loss to Sacramento.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
rafsox04 said:
This will be a great game as the Kings and Timberwolves go head to head. The Kings have an obvious advantage in depth and at almost every position except PF. At PG, you have Mike Bibby and Troy Hudson, with the obvious advantage for the Kings as Bibby reads the play beautifully and plays the ball so easily. At SG, Cuttino Mobley takes on Trenton Hassell, i give the advantage again to the Kings as Mobley is a proven veteran and Hassell has been a career benchwarmer. At SF, Peja will throw down against Latrell Sprewell and obviously the advantage bar is on the Kings side since Peja has height and his amazing shooting ability. There is no chance for Kenny Thomas to keep up with Kevin Garnett who is arguabley the best player in the NBA. This could be the one area which could lead the T-Wolves to victory as Garnett can drive over Thomas. At C, the incumbent Michael Olowakandi is too slow for Brian Skinner but does have a size advantage which makes this an even battle. THe gamebreaker will likely be the ability of Bibby to find Peja who needs to shoot the lights out. If Sprewell can pressure Peja and shut him down and Garnett can drive to the hoop it will be a T-Wolves victory. All in all I doubt this will occur and I am predicting a 96-89 victory for the Kings with Peja getting 23 points and Bibby gaining 10 assists. Garnett will lead the T-Wolves with 29 points and 13 rebounds in the loss to Sacramento.
Great analysis man. :yes:

Stick around. :yes:

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maKINGSofgreatness said:
I seem to recall you predicting a cavs victory as well
He is a Suns fan after all :biggrin: . Maybe if there was some kind of catch like most fourms are doing, Predict the score and win a certin amount of points people would take it more seriously.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Even though Sacramento has no answer for KG, Minnesota is just not a good enough all around team to beat Sac.

Prediction

Sac 105
T-Wolves 96

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
We need this game WAY more than you guys. Let's hope (come on, you can root against your team for once) that the Wolves come out and play like that. I'm gonna be positive and say the Wolves will win 97-91.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts