1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
La Salle

vs

George Washington

Records: La Salle (14-6, 4-3 A 10) / George Washington (10-9, 4-2 A 10)
Game time: 2PM EST
TV: None
Radio: La Salle 990 AM / George Washington FederalNewsRadio.com, 1500 AM
Websites: La Salle / George Washington

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats up with the GW team now? are they still starting 4 freshman ftw?

I have no idea what to expect from them. Hoping Garland hits some 3's this time around and takes a little weight off of galloway. He plays nicely when he knows he can dish it off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Lasalle...this game really means a lot to us. Could you let us win? In all seriousness, this is a very telling game for GW. Everyone picked us to finish in the bottom 4 and not make Brooklyn. And after a few games, we looked pretty bad. But somewhere along the line, it started to click for a very good (and very under rated) freshman class (4 of whom now start) and the upper classmen, Bynes, Smith, Kromah and Mikic picked up their game coming off the bench. And Armwood has been solid all season. To everyone's surprise (especially the fan base), we have won 4 out of 6, including 2 blowout wins at home (Bonnies and Charlotte), 2 road wins (UMass and URI) and a near win vs. Temple. We were not suppose to be this good this year. Next year maybe. As a result, I don't think we will be sneaking up on anyone anymore, and that we will be seeing Lasalle's (and everyone elses) "A" game from opening tip. Today's game will tell me if GW truly is now a competitive team in the A-10 because as much as this game may mean for GW psychologically, I believe it is a must win for Lasalle because of their legitimate at large hopes. (For those non GW fans who get to watch the game, keep an eye on Patricio Garino, one of the frosh, on both sides of the ball.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a little disappointed because it looked like the Explorers were trying to just run the clock down from about the 8:00 minute mark and nearly gave away a huge lead. This is the first time I've seen GW all season and I like their toughness to come back in that game and their athleticism. I think they need a three-point shooter in the future, but considering how young they are, there's a lot to build around.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm a little disappointed because it looked like the Explorers were trying to just run the clock down from about the 8:00 minute mark and nearly gave away a huge lead. This is the first time I've seen GW all season and I like their toughness to come back in that game and their athleticism. I think they need a three-point shooter in the future, but considering how young they are, there's a lot to build around.
I couldn't tell if that was the strategy or if they got a little winded. Regardless, I really liked LaSalle's balance - multiple shooters and a good threat down low.

Not that any A-10 game wouldn't have referee issues, but hats off to Dr. G for getting the refs to look at the monitors to get a flagrant foul on Armwood. I didn't realize coaches had the ability to call for a video review. It didn't matter in the end, but the refs were clueless.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
This was a tough game. La Salle really needed this one after the loas to UMass at home the other night. We stupidly decided to stall with 6 or 7 minutes left and it took us completely out of our rhythm. G's done this before when he has a big lead and it never seems to go well. Nonetheless, we got the win in the end.

GW has a ton of talent and they absolutely never gave up. Their D in the second half was top notch and they really gave La Salle fits. I think they're an up and coming team. I'm glad the next time we play them is at home.

I have no idea what that flagrant foul call was. The original call was an offensive foul on Galloway, but G certainly saw something that I missed watching the game. Obviously something went on if the refs reversed it after the video review.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Lots of credit to LaSalle. They came out really focused, rattled GW with their guards early, Wright played great in the first half, Petersen had a career night and they made 17-19 FTs. Exactly what they needed to win.

GW's young guards took time to adjust to the intensity but then settled down.

I thought Garino was great, holding Galloway to 2-14 from the floor but Petersen's unexpected 5 treys were the difference. I like this LaSalle team a lot and today they brought their A game and despite a couple of strong pushes, GW just couldn't quite get back.

Oh, and with. 2:30 to go, down 5 GW got the stop but three guys lost an uncontested rebound out of bounds. That was an absolutely killer unforced error.

·
Registered
59 Posts
on that play that you're referring to, La Salle's Steve Zack was well behind them and could not go over their backs, he was in a terrible position. They boxed out with their feet very well, but I'm not sure if they knew... same team! one GW guy went over the back of the other two, and essentially "fouled" up his own man, creating the distraction that led to the turnover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts