Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Series now tied at 2-2 so it's a best of three right now.

The Lakers are playing a little better defense and atttempting to get the ball to Shaq more. Can they continue like this or are there adjustments that need to made?

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good job Lakers!!!

Lakers played better on Sunday, i think they're heading for another victory over Timberwolves if Kobe keep up the good work. :eek:!

:( :)

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
By having injuries the Lakers have stumbled upon 3 things that are working. 1st because Kobe's injured he's forced to drive the ball to the basket something he should do more anyway. This gets the Wolves in foul trouble breaking their offensive rhythm. 2nd George playing more makes the Lakers better at both ends. Wally is having a harder time getting shots over George and George's energy and offensive rebounding is key. Plus he can switch on defense on the screens having the ability to guard pg's to pf's. 3rd Brian Shaw was huge . His ability to handle the pressure calmly has been impressive. He doesn't panic or throw bad passes he brings it up and gets the team in its offense. Plus he can hit the 3 and plays solid defense on Hudson forcing him into Shaq.

The Lakers are in good shape now having adjusted to the press and getting a hold of their offense. I look for the Lakers to win a close ball game THEY control from start to finish. Hudson's run ends with an average performance.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
That offensive foul call on Shaq was just complete BS.

It seems like it doesn't matter whether he really fouled him or not...it just matters that he's bigger than Hudson. :no:

Two fouls on Shaq and Fox is out.:uhoh:

At least we're actually leading by 3 at the end of the first!:)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
:eek: Fisher and Shaw are defending the hell out of the ball!:eek:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
This game just shows me how good Shaq and Kobe are, the Lakers don't have more talent than any team in the West other than Denver and Utah. They have seriously one of the weakest supporting casts in the game. I mean they double and trap Shaq and Kobe all the time.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
OMG! Don't tell me we've now lost our 3rd best player because the refs don't know what an illegal screen is!!!:upset:

They've been getting away with that crap the whole series!:upset:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Phew...I'm glad Fish is ok. He has been lighting it up!

Very well played first half by the Lakers. So far...so good.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
A Few Thoughts..

Wally played terrible, Shaw swatted him several times, and he couldn't get any shots off at all.

Fisher was the key for us. He was absolutely on fire, and actually did a good job on Hudson in the second half.

Kobe actually played a good all-around game, he just struggled to score early. Kobe's dunk was :eek:

Why can't Horry be more aggressive all the time? Maybe it was because of Kobe struggling, but it helps when he can hit the three, and score some points for us.

Great Win. Like I said, Lakers in 6.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent offensive display tonight. Great team defense, guys had eachother's backs. Very nice W.

Fisher came through big time. Shaw and George stepped up in their roles and used their minutes wisely. Of course Kobe and Shaq kept the it going all night, thanks to the offensive execution. Make the extra pass and the shots will be there. Shaq didn't try to force it every time he got the ball. He realized when he didn't have position and dished it out, which usually led to a good j.

Did anyone see Kobe get in Rush's *** after the buzzer for taking that unnecessary 3? ouch, but the rookie should not have taken that shot.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
LOL, I said, "What the hell?!" after Rush took that three. Kobe was right though, you don't want to rub it in their face.

We got back at them for Game 2 though, didn't we?:rock:

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
In my best Howard Cossell voice Down goes the Wolves, down goes the Wolves. Thats why I said can't keep talking about how you have the Lakers on the ropes they're a championship team they'll find a way they have heart and they won't fold because you have a slight advantage. KG has earned some respect and been taught a lesson.

Random comments

Kobe played perhaps his best game ever in the playoffs. He was patient, relaxed , not forcing things. His penetration just destroyed the Wolves defense. Made them go zone. His dunk on the baseline was just NASTY

Fisher stepped up big time. He's a warrior. His 3pt stroke has been big.

I told you guys earlier series wasn't over until Horry stepped up.

Shaq was Shaq. The diesel is just unreal. He's indefenseable.

George's defense was really sticky all night. His offense was real timely. Losing Fox may have been a blessing for against the Spurs his athleticism is going to be huge in keeping up with Stephen Jackson and Ginobilli.

This is why the Lakers are such a great team for every must win game they find a way to come through.

They finally ran Hudson off his 3pt shot forcing him to drive and make passing decisons which isn't his strong suit.

This was championship level defense tonight.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by <b>jazzy1</b>!
His dunk on the baseline was just NASTY
:yes:, it was

1 - 17 of 17 Posts