Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who will advance to the 2006 title game?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One semifinal is set. Some great names associated with these two schools. Names such as Alcindor, Walton, Bibby, Goodrich, Wilkes, Maravich, Petit, O'Neal, and the Wizard himself, John Wooden. And even now some players that we might someday look back on and include in such lists - Farmar, Afflalo, Davis, and Thomas. Who will help send his team to a Monday night finale in the national title game?

vs.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Going to be a tough, tough game. LSU has a certain advantage down low in Davis and Tyrus Thomas, while I feel UCLA is stronger (offensively) on the perimeter with Jordan Farmer and Arron Affalo. Both teams are very strong defensively and are very athletic, but naturally I expect Thomas and Davis to continue delivering the big plays and dominance inside that will give LSU the win. If the past few games have been any indicators, this should be another close one.

· Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
Im scared of UCLA's great guard play. Then again I was pretty scared of Duke's and Texas'. Im not sure if UCLA has anyone to guard Davis and Thomas. If Thomas has another game like he did tonight it'll be hard for LSU to lose. The main thing for LSU is turnovers. They are rather turnover prone and they can't turn the ball over vs UCLA because the Bruins will kill them.

· Registered
4,095 Posts
LSU really really scares me. I think we can handle Davis going off, but if Thomas is having one of his A games, i just dont know how we will be able to pull it off. At least LSU cant shoot 3's, so we're definitely going to be packing it in down low. I expect a hard hard battle, and if the refs let both teams play (which they should - this is the final four!), then i think we have the advantage in that sense because we need our toughness on defense to combat their athleticism.

I think we'll end up sticking Luc Richard Mbah a Moute on Thomas and he should do a pretty decent job. Luc is 6'7, has the wingspan of a 7'2 guy, and is very athletic, quick, and a very tough-nosed player. We'll probably stick Hollins on Davis with the way both of them have been playing lately, but we're definitely not guarding him one on one IMO.

Go Bruins! (who of course i have to vote for)

· Registered
105 Posts
I'll take LSU. They match up well with anyone. They have incredible athletic ability and defense. They have two legit inside threats. They have rebounding. They have some scorers on the wings. Plus, i've never really been a fan of UCLA, don't know why tho.

· Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Of course I like UCLA (biasly, of course). The way this tournament has unfolded, though, I hate being the top seeded team in the Final Four.

I think LSU gives us fits inside, but we scrap out another win. I only hope we have enough left in the tank to finish the task at hand against a very scrappy (and talented) Florida team.

· Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
Im going to the Final Four!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got some tickets for 170 bucks through the LSU Student Ticket Office...Im driving to Indianapolis on Friday! Anyone else going?

:banana: :vbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :banana: :vbanana:

Reactions: bruindre

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
I think I might be looking to make a profit if I had two tickets at face value Jsimo.If they were halfway decent seats you could probably make a big profit.Looks like they are going for around 250$ each on ebay.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
TM said:
congrats, Jsimo... i'm sure it'll be a great experience. pack warm clothes. my family said it was snowing up there several days ago.
Haha, "Snowing up there". I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, playing basketball outside in Wisconsin all day today. It's a beautiful 55 degrees outside, but that probably is warm-clothes weather for you southerners :).

· Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
apelman42 said:
Haha, "Snowing up there". I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, playing basketball outside in Wisconsin all day today. It's a beautiful 55 degrees outside, but that probably is warm-clothes weather for you southerners :).
Yeah 55 is a bit nipply...I much prefer 70...

· Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
Good article on LSU

:laugh: I really love how the leave off David Fleshman when they say there are 4 players that are from Baton Rouge. Fleshman doesn't get any minutes but he's on the team and from Baton Rouge for crying out loud!

Congratulations David Fleshman! Your total 4 minutes for this season were wonderful. :banana: :vbanana:

· Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
apelman42 said:
maybe it's been longer than i thought since i talked to them :laugh:

· Registered
4,095 Posts
injuries have plagued us all year and we've been able to deal with 'em. Looks like we'll need to do it again with Mata breaking his nose (for the 2nd time this year, along with also breaking his leg) and Hollins suffering a knee contusion. We're not going into this game with a full head of steam.

· Registered
24 Posts
DaBruins said:
injuries have plagued us all year and we've been able to deal with 'em. Looks like we'll need to do it again with Mata breaking his nose (for the 2nd time this year, along with also breaking his leg) and Hollins suffering a knee contusion. We're not going into this game with a full head of steam.
I disagree. The injuries tell me we're revved up and ready for a rumble. We're UCLA, man. It's the Final Four, every kid on this team believes a title is their destiny.

· Registered
4,095 Posts
well we're practically the only team going full contact and full speed in our practices. It will help us get ready and hopefully start the game on a good note, but Aboya injured a couple of our centers in the process. I wish he would wait for the game to start to start playing so physical.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.