Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,595 Posts
..

No TV here.

Orlando up 4 at the half.

Looks like Dwight is really involved. 10 FGAs and 3 free throws in the first half. 14 pts, 6 boards, 1 ast, 1 block
 

· Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Last game Dwight was immitating Lil Jon.... now it's Dem Franchize Boys... "Lean wit it rock wit it", even with the moves. Some funny ****. 11 of 12, 7 in a row. This has been a great end of the season. I wonder what Franchise is thinking right now. We trade his ***, and we're 100x better. Coincidence?
 

· kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,595 Posts
jskudera said:
Last game Dwight was immitating Lil Jon.... now it's Dem Franchize Boys... "Lean wit it rock wit it", even with the moves. Some funny ****. 11 of 12, 7 in a row. This has been a great end of the season. I wonder what Franchise is thinking right now. We trade his ***, and we're 100x better. Coincidence?

Hardly a coincidence. No surprise that the team chemistry has improved 200% since the day he left.

Well ****, I knew we were rolling but I honestly didn't think we'd take this one. And without Arroyo too who has been pretty key. Wow.

Dwight, Darko, and Jameer ... what a trio for the future.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,351 Posts
i dont get to see most of these games so i would like for some of the experts(present company included) to evaluate just how good this team is. they arent going to make the playoffs but you have to wonder if they arent one of the top half dozen teams in the league. is that going overboard. plz advise.
 

· kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,595 Posts
rainman said:
i dont get to see most of these games so i would like for some of the experts(present company included) to evaluate just how good this team is. they arent going to make the playoffs but you have to wonder if they arent one of the top half dozen teams in the league. is that going overboard. plz advise.

It is a tough call. I must go towards the side of caution since back to the Tmac days as soon as this team got any hype they seriously underachieved.

If they can stay healthy and add one more guy to come off the bench next year I don't think it would be impossible for them to win 50 games next year. The way they are playing at home right now I could see them winning a vast majority of their home games. So if they play around .500 on the road it could happen.

I mean, they are rolling over people now and you have to assume Darko, Dwight, Jameer, and Ariza will all come back as better players next year.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
rainman said:
i dont get to see most of these games so i would like for some of the experts(present company included) to evaluate just how good this team is. they arent going to make the playoffs but you have to wonder if they arent one of the top half dozen teams in the league. is that going overboard. plz advise.
Top half dozen teams? Can't say that just yet. Just outside that probably. I try to watch every game of the Magic, and since these couple trades... we are undoubtedly the hottest team in the NBA. They should tell either Philly, Chicago, or Indiana that they just suck too bad and can't make the playoffs and put the Magic in there. No one would deserve it more than the Magic.

We're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot now, with games vs Indiana, Chicago, and Philly left. They might be some key games, but it'd take a mircale for us to get into the playoffs.

You also have to realize that we did beat some good teams, but we beat Detroit without Sheed, beat the Spurs without Ginobili. Nonetheless, we still won.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,351 Posts
jskudera said:
Top half dozen teams? Can't say that just yet. Just outside that probably. I try to watch every game of the Magic, and since these couple trades... we are undoubtedly the hottest team in the NBA. They should tell either Philly, Chicago, or Indiana that they just suck too bad and can't make the playoffs and put the Magic in there. No one would deserve it more than the Magic.

We're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot now, with games vs Indiana, Chicago, and Philly left. They might be some key games, but it'd take a mircale for us to get into the playoffs.

You also have to realize that we did beat some good teams, but we beat Detroit without Sheed, beat the Spurs without Ginobili. Nonetheless, we still won.
yeah the playoffs are probably out of reach because it is really hard to jump over more than one team. you and jnice have a good handle on the situation there so i will defer to you guys.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top