</center>
<center>@</center>
<center>
</center>

Will the streaks stay alive?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The mavs are one of the few teams that I always think the pistons have no chance of beating. That has changed slightly I don't think the mavs are as good as they have been. Losing nick van exel hurt them and of course I think any team that Antoine Walker plays for he makes them worse. So that being said I think the pistons keep it respectable and only lose by 8 pts.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think that we have a better chance because we are just playin better overall as a team and all, and I think that alot of the haters of LB needed to see this streak and start to believe that he is a good coach and he will take us places that Carlise just wasn't able to.

·
Registered
657 Posts
As well as we have been playing and as poorly as they have been playing, lets face it...we just don't match up well with the Mavericks. They're known for great offense but a very porous defense. We don't quite have the offensive weapons to truly exploit their defense...but they have all of the offensive weapons to turn our great defense to shambles. They're just so good at shooting, the only way that we can stop them is hope they're having a bad shooting game. With this said, I'm hoping that our win streak is for real, and if we can find a way to pull out a win tomorrow night it will really prove something to me.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I'm always pessimistic against good teams, but I fully expect a loss in this one. Dallas is a team that I can't see us beating, but I have said that in the past about the Lakers and Kings.

It will be interesting to see if we can hold them under 100.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
If we were playing in Dallas I would be equally pessimistic, but Dallas has been pretty horid on the road this year. If we keep them out of the paint and rebound like Indy did, there is no reason we can't beat them.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Huge huge huge huge game.

If we win this I don't think anyone touches us for the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
It's a big game because if we win we have Chicago, Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee, which are all games we are very capable of winning.

Also, Indiana just had there 7 game streak snapped tonight so we finally get an opportunity to gain some ground on them.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>the wall</b>!
As well as we have been playing and as poorly as they have been playing, lets face it...we just don't match up well with the Mavericks. They're known for great offense but a very porous defense. We don't quite have the offensive weapons to truly exploit their defense...but they have all of the offensive weapons to turn our great defense to shambles. They're just so good at shooting, the only way that we can stop them is hope they're having a bad shooting game. With this said, I'm hoping that our win streak is for real, and if we can find a way to pull out a win tomorrow night it will really prove something to me.
This is how I look at it...

Since when is a good offence/bad defence team better then a bad offence/good defence team. I don't mean to sound jerky about it but I think if we can slow the Mavs down we can win this game, keep them out of transition and then D them up, just watch the three's and I'm sure all our players no about getting out and getting a hand up in there face. Defence does have a chance of winning this game.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The Mavericks are 4-12 on the road this season. We should win this game.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The way I see it is, if we can somehow keep them below 90 points our chances of winning will be greatly improved. We can't get into a running contest with them. I hope LB uses Ben and Okur together a lot, so we can pound them on the boards... I don't want to see any lineups with Darvin Ham at PF.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doesn't look like that keeping them under 90 pts. thing is going to work... they have 30 after the first quarter.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're hanging with them right now scoring wise which is a suprise, but something is telling me we cant keep it up...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good chess match between Brown & Nelson in the first half.
Really interesting match-ups.
LB actually had Ben playing the 3, Memo the 4, & Elden the 5.
Then he had Chauncey, Rip, Tay, & Chucky in the game.
That kind of took Dirk out of his game.
Should be a great 2nd half.
Hopefully we can keep them under 100.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
101-83 Pistons with a little over 7 minutes to go... Billups with three 3 pointers in a row. Who said we didn't match up with Dallas well. *cough**cough* Brain, Jvan. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts