·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center>
&
</center>

<u>Records</u>
The 40-31 (6-4 over their last 10 games) Memphis Grizzlies welcome the 4--31 (9-1 over their last 10 games) Denver Nuggets. The Grizzlies are 23-13 at home while the Nuggets are 15-21 on the road.

<u>Injuries</u>
The Grizzlies will be with out Stromile Swift who was placed on the IL with an irregular heart beat. Still unknown for the Nuggets is the status of Kenyon and Buckner. Karl stated that he expects Kenyon will be able to play

<u>Starting Lineups</u>

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% bgcolor="#99ccff"><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#990000" SIZE=6>Denver</font></td><td><FONT COLOR="#990000" SIZE=6>Position</font></td><td><FONT COLOR="#990000" SIZE=6>Memphis</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Carmelo Anthony</td><td>Small Forward</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Shane Battier</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Kenyon Martin</td><td>Power Forward</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Pau Gasol</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Marcus Camby</td><td>Center</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Lorenzen Wright</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>DerMarr Johnson</td><td>Shooting Guard</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Mike Miller</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Andre Miller</td><td>Point Guard</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Jason Williams</td></tr></table>

<u>Storylines</u>
There is only 1 storyline and that is which team wants this game more. Playoff seedings are riding on this game.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
So refreshing to see Kenyon's name back in the starting lineup.:) The Nuggets are 2-0 against the Grizz this year, with a key player from one side missing each game. Melo was absent from the Nuggets 92-82 home win over the Grizz on January 21st. Earl went nuts in that one, with 25 points and 10 assists. Camby had 18, 13, and 6 blocks. Kenyon, despite an off night offensively, logged 36 minutes and limited Gasol to just 8 points on 4 of 12 shooting. 6 Nggets grabbed at least 5 boards in this one.
Despite playing without an injured Pau Gasol, the Grizz led most of the game, before losing 97-94 in OT at home. The Grizz clamped down on Melo, who shot just 3 for 13 from the field. 15 of Boykins' 19 came from the line, where the Nuggets went 44 for 52. Lorenzen Wright grabbed 18 boards, half on the offensive end, and Brian Cardinal led the Grizz with 28 points, 7 boards, and 3 steals.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I hope this can be a succesful game thread like the one we had agaisnt the spurs and not like the dissapointing one agaisnt the blazers..

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
This should be a good game. I want the Nuggets to win and Carmelo to have a nice game. I'm rooting for the Nuggets to do well in the playoffs this year, and I hope they can get a good seeding. Homecourt advantage for the playoffs might be out of reach by now, but every win still counts. Wins build confidence and confidence creates wins, it's a cycle that always seems to be true.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah, every win definitely counts. esp. the 2 games against memphis and the game against minnesota. if we can get a 10-0 record or even a 9-1 record in the last 10 games i'd say the 6th seed is pretty much ours. That'd be awesome, then karl could take us into the 2nd round, reminescent of his takeover of the sonics. i'd be happy if we got into the 2nd round =)

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some very good news today in the RMN

"It feels better, man," Martin said. "I'm just taking it easy until (today) to see if I can go or not. Certain movements that I made (Monday) bothered me, but for the most part, I feel a lot better."

Nuggets coach George Karl predicted Martin will be in the lineup tonight.

"Kenyon played most of the practice, so I'd think he'd try it (against Memphis)," Karl said.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BaLLiStiX17 said:
I hope this can be a succesful game thread like the one we had agaisnt the spurs and not like the dissapointing one agaisnt the blazers..
Well, part of the solution to that is for you to post often during the game :biggrin:

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time out 6:20 mark and Denver is leading 10-6

rebounds 7-5 Denver

shooting Denver 4/10, 0/1 from 3 and 2/2 from the line - only 1 assist
memphis 3/9 0/2 0/0 - 1 assist

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16