·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center>
&
</center>

<u>Records</u>
The 52-17 (7-3 over their last 10 games) Phoenix Suns welcome the 38-30 (9-1 over their last 10 games) Denver Nuggets. The Suns are 23-9 at home while the Nuggets are 13-20 on the road. The Suns currently hold the 1st playoff spot in the West while the Nuggets hold the 8th playoff spot in the West. The Suns are the last team to beat the Nuggets.

<u>Starting Lineups</u>

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% bgcolor="#99ccff"><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#990000" SIZE=6>Denver</font></td><td><FONT COLOR="#990000" SIZE=6>Position</font></td><td><FONT COLOR="#990000" SIZE=6>Phoenix</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Carmelo Anthony</td><td>Small Forward</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Quentin Richardson</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Kenyon Martin</td><td>Power Forward</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Shawn Marion</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Marcus Camby</td><td>Center</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Amare Stoudemire</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>DerMarr Johnson</td><td>Shooting Guard</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Joe Johnson</td></tr><tr align=center><td><FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE=4>Andre Miller</td><td>Point Guard</td><td><FONT COLOR="#cc6600" SIZE=4>Steve Nash</td></tr></table>

<u>Storylines</u>
1) How hot are the Nuggets? This road game will serve as a heat check for them.
2) Which big men will play for the Nuggets? The Nuggets need all of their 4/5 players to be available for this game.
3) Is this a playoff preview? If the season ended today, this would be a first round match up.
4) How will the ending of this game compare to the previous 2 contests this season?

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Great game thread cpawfan!

I like the Nuggets chances in this game. For one all the games against the Suns have been close. Also the Nuggets have only gotten better since the last time we played the Suns.

The last game against the Kings was a great victory before a game like this. It showed the Nuggets will not back down to anyone regardless of the score and situation of the game. We were down to the Kings but came out with a better second half and won the game.

I'm looking for a tough all around basketball game, with Dre and Kenyon playing big time for us. We Just need to get healthy! I also like Dermarr having a nice game. This will be a test for sure to see where this Nugget team really is.

Game Prediction

Nuggets win

Score

Nuggets - 105

Suns - 101

·
Registered
83 Posts
martin's not playing..

the deciding factor of this game is whether camby plays or not, and if he's 80-100% healthy. Denver lost the last game because they were out-rebounded by the suns. With camby, the nuggets almost won (q rich's buzzerbeater) even though they played without melo. camby is the x-factor for this game because he is the backbone of denver's defensive game. If the nuggets can slow the suns down, and keep the tempo up for their own offensive they'll win for sure.

if camby plays and is in good shape.. i predict

Nuggets 118 Suns 112

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
rice613 said:
martin's not playing..

the deciding factor of this game is whether camby plays or not, and if he's 80-100% healthy. Denver lost the last game because they were out-rebounded by the suns. With camby, the nuggets almost won (q rich's buzzerbeater) even though they played without melo. camby is the x-factor for this game because he is the backbone of denver's defensive game. If the nuggets can slow the suns down, and keep the tempo up for their own offensive they'll win for sure.

Nuggets 118 Suns 112
Good post.

We really need this Nugget team to stay healthy and get well for playoff basketball. I like our chances to upset the Suns. The Nuggets are so hot right now. I just like all the articles being written about the Team and the comradery that is growing between the players. Every team plays so much better when everyone has the others back. This game will be very good. As the Suns are all of what the Nuggets are turning in to. To a degree. Obviously not on that level yet but were not as far away as some people may think.

I agree with you about needing Camby. If he does play I hope he has a monster game and puts up a 20 point game 15 rebounds. Because we will need his contribution. I also like Carmelo stepping it up in all areas for this game.

Let's go Nuggets!

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rice613 said:
martin's not playing..

Nuggets 118 Suns 112
Where did you see or hear that Kenyon isn't going to play?

BTW, Camby didn't play the first game either. Game 1 Game 2

The Nuggets almost won the last game as well, although the final score wasn't as close as the first game. The biggest difference was that the first game had bothKenyon and Nene, while the second game it was Kenyon and Najera. Elson only had 12 minutes because of foul problems. Even with the depleted front line, Amare and Marion were held down on points, although Marion had 15 rebounds.

The Nuggets need their big men to win or at least 2 of the top 3 (Camby, Nene & Kenyon)

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was in the RMN's game report for the Kings game

Camby
The Nuggets played their second consecutive game without center Marcus Camby, suffering from a sprained ankle. This assures Camby, who has a base salary of $6.5 million, won't earn the full $2 million allotment this season for games played.

Camby was in line for $2 million if he played in 70 games, but he can't appear now in more than 69. Camby already has earned a $500,000 bonus for playing in 55 games, and can earn $500,000 more for reaching 60 and $1 million more for getting to 65.
Kenyon
The Nuggets got forward Kenyon Martin back after he missed a game with a chest contusion. But Martin was reinjured early in the third period, and was done for the night.

"Pulled something else," said Martin, who was first hurt when he banged into Kwame Brown last Tuesday and doesn't know if he'll play Monday at Phoenix. "I felt fine before the game. I felt well enough to play. That was a mistake, but I couldn't leave the guys stranded. We got guys beat up? It's pain. I just can't raise my arm. Everything is connected."
Elson
Nuggets center Francisco Elson played despite suffered a sprained ankle Thursday against the Los Angeles Lakers. Swingman Bryon Russell, who also sprained an ankle against the Lakers, dressed out Saturday, but didn't play.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More injury news from the RMN

Karl doesn't expect Kenyon to dress, is optimistic about Camby and does expect Russell to be able to play.

"I don't think he'll play," Karl said Sunday. "The report I got (after the game Saturday) is that it's a strain kind of where your ribs are attached."

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some notes from the Post

The Nuggets are 8-4 on the road under Karl (total road record 13-20)

Prior to Sunday's games, the Nuggets led the NBA with 9.25 SPG

"My gut says we'll get Marcus back," Karl said Sunday night from Phoenix. "Kenyon, I doubt, after seeing him walk on the airplane."

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Game Preview from the Post

If the Nuggets win tonight and Wednesday at Utah, they will have posted a 13-1 record in March, their best in team history. They went 13-2 in March 1982. Their one loss this month? To the Suns.

"I think they're a team that's beatable and they're a team that can beat us," Denver coach George Karl said. "I'm not going to make any predictions. I just think this whole week is a challenge to us to sustain our roll."

D'Antoni returned the compliment when he said: "George has got them playing well. A lot of times, I'm not saying the other guys didn't do a great job, but when you have a change of voice, it kind of takes the onus off the coach and puts it on the players.

"The talent is there. They have confidence now. They're winning games maybe they shouldn't win. ... They're a team to be reckoned with. A good team. And everybody thought they would be at the beginning of the season."

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Game Preview from the RMN

Karl has brought the joy back for the Nuggets. They were 17-25 and bound for nowhere when he took over.

Now, it is not unreasonable to think they could travel deep into the playoffs. After a 113-99 home win against the Sacramento Kings on Saturday, Karl said he is hopeful of not sitting down and reading the season's press clippings until June.

The Nuggets, one game behind the Memphis Grizzlies for the No. 7 seed, could face the San Antonio Spurs or Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the playoffs. But if the opponent turns out to be the Suns, it cannot hurt to send them a message.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Will you guys lose a ****ing game already!!!

Please :gopray:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
just 7th? denver could win their next 14 games....they're only 13.5 behind phoenix....i'm thinking 5th or 6th by season's end

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
cpawfan said:
Talk to Memphis about the 8th spot. The Nuggets are going for 7th.
We don't have the tie-breaker with Memphis, we do with you. Therefore you guys must start losing, because I said so.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
nuggets match up real well against phoenix.... i think they're going to win this game in a blow out

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
fruitcake said:
nuggets match up real well against phoenix.... i think they're going to win this game in a blow out
A blowout? In Phoenix? Denver is hot right now, but that is a pretty bold prediction.

G-Force

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Considering how well Denver is playing and the Suns blowout loss in Miami, yes, anythiong can happen tonight. However, my vBookie money is on the Suns tonight to beat the point spread.

G-Force

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
A good clash between a really hot team, Denver, and a really good team in the Suns. Though the Nuggets by far have been the hotter team recently. Can it continue at Phoenix? It could, it should be a close game with lots of high scoring.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts