Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A sign of things to come .. Dwight dominating the 1st quarter after Philly went out 11 to 1.

7 pts, 8 rebs, 3 blocks, 3 asts in the first quarter so far.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Sorry I didn't make the game thread, I had school till 3 and I had to leave for work at 3:30, so I didn't have any time for it.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thug_immortal8 said:
Sorry I didn't make the game thread, I had school till 3 and I had to leave for work at 3:30, so I didn't have any time for it.

Hey, no worries man...

Philly must be playing a terrible game because they've got 30+ points off turnovers and Orlando is still up 15 pts right now.

All Orlando's recent moves really paying off. Trevor Ariza close to a double-double. Darko hits a long jumper to give him 11 pts and he really has 2 blocks although only credited for one.

I really like this team and basically their entire rotation right now.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If we can get a shooter off the bench and maybe get Vasquez to come over in a couple years this team could be a real legitimate contender IMO.

PG Nelson / Arroyo
SG Stevenson / Dooling / Redick
SF Hedo / Ariza
PF Darko / Vasquez
C Howard / Battie

That is a very deep and talented team.

·
Registered
165 Posts
JNice said:

If we can get a shooter off the bench and maybe get Vasquez to come over in a couple years this team could be a real legitimate contender IMO.

PG Nelson / Arroyo
SF Hedo / Ariza
PF Darko / Vasquez
C Howard / Battie

Don't mention Redick. I do not want Redick, especially how he played vs LSU. He is nothing but a shooter, and wait until he plays vs real SG's

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jskudera said:
Don't mention Redick. I do not want Redick, especially how he played vs LSU. He is nothing but a shooter, and wait until he plays vs real SG's

Exactly ... which is one thing we really need. We are a piss poor 3 pt shooting team and having a guy who can just stand around and pop 3s off of our inside presence would be great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
JNice said:

PG Nelson / Arroyo
SF Hedo / Ariza
PF Darko / Vasquez
C Howard / Battie

Maybe. But you need a legitimate SG first. None of the three you list are really consistent scorers in the league. Idealy you get a slasher who can get to the line.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DetroitDiesel said:
Maybe. But you need a legitimate SG first. None of the three you list are really consistent scorers in the league. Idealy you get a slasher who can get to the line.
Well, we need a shooter more than a slasher. Jameer is very good at getting to the basket and Ariza is showing good potential at attacking the basket.

With the good defense DeShawn has been playing it would be hard to take him out the lineup. It is too bad he can't shoot threes at a high rate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.