vs.

<center>Detroit Pistons (33-19) @ New Jersey Nets (28-20)</center>

<center>Probable Starters:</center>

<center>
</center>
<center>@</center>
<center>
</center>

New Jersey is 6-0 since the coaching change and have been winning convincingly. Hopefully we can change that. Not to single out Chauncey, but in two games versus NJ this year he has averaged 13 ppg. Rip on the other hand has averaged 22 ppg. We need good games from both of these guys if we want a win.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Indiana is 5 games up. We need this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not to mention that New Jersey is quickly closign the gap

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Even though it's in Jersey, I think we can win the game. Key to the game will be not coming out flat.

By the way, I noticed that this was post #8000 on this board. This calls for a celebration, we now only have 126,785 less posts than the Bulls board!
:rbanana: :bbanana:

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Memo's out for this game as well as the Sacramento game. Elden will probaly get the start, well at least I hope he does.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Jason Collins is doubtful. Aaron Williams will probably start, and Rodney Rogers will see time at center. Should be another great battle. If the Nets win, they tie the Pistons in the loss column.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
It should be an exciting game. I don't know how we can hold out against Okur, Wallace and company without Collins. I know Collins won't have stopped them, but he could had been part of a group effort to help.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
It should be an exciting game. I don't know how we can hold out against Okur, Wallace and company without Collins. I know Collins won't have stopped them, but he could had been part of a group effort to help.

-Petey
Memo has back spasms and the Pistons are being careful with him, and won't play him until after the All-Star break.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I'm worried, we are a completely different team without Memo in the lineup. Somebody is going to have to step up early because Memo always seems to give us 6-10 points in the first quarter.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I know Memo is a much bigger part of your offense and game plan, then Collins is ours. We certainly have been lucky in terms of playing teams without their stars/ and other players.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Well, we've come strong out of the gate, oddly enough beating NJ 8 to 2 in fast break points, I don't know how long that will last, but if we keep up the defensive intensity we should be in good shape.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Rip and Chauncey both sat for 8 straight minutes :no: and it looks like we lost our rythem.

Need to quit turning the ball over.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Dallas all over again.

Get Corliss out of the game, he has no defensive presence, we are getting bowled over down low. Elden Campbell was playing great, put him back in the damn game.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
LB's subbing patterns continue to baffle me. Subing 5 at a time just doesn't work. Nobody scores and the other team goes on runs, and then he is far too slow to get the starters back in the game and seems to forget about our starting center all together.

Memo's been suffering from it all year, he plays good in the 1st quarter but then Corliss comes in and goodnight Memo.

Now Elden Campbell gets to see what it feels like to play a good 1st quarter and not see the floor again until the second half.

Honestly, I like what Corliss can bring to the team, but I hope he gets traded just so Larry can't play him over guys we need in the game anymore.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gotta agree with you on this one Mike... He sat Rip and Chauncey too long. I understand he has a pattern, but the had 19 points in the first. We have a good enough bench to make up for them when they get tired.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
We've gone from playing hard disciplined D in the 1st quarter to just flat out lazy play. I swear, how many easy layups does Richard Jefferson have to get before guys learn to hustle back and keep their man in front of them. New Jersey can't score in the half court, they proved that in the first half- but we get lazy and they get 21 fast break points in the last two quarters.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My 2 observations that are clear to me after watching this "game".

1. Why do we have Bobby Sura and not Jon Barry?

2. We NEED Memo next year. We're a totally differnet team without him, and not in a good way.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
More wasted Darko time.

At least you could put him in when we're down 15 with two minutes left. When Zelly is air-balling hook shots and Corliss is playing like crap.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>the wall</b>!
My 2 observations that are clear to me after watching this "game".

1. Why do we have Bobby Sura and not Jon Barry?

2. We NEED Memo next year. We're a totally differnet team without him, and not in a good way.
I understand your point and I don't want to get technical, but I think Barry's not back because he wanted a multi-year deal. So if we would've kept him, it would actually lessen our chances of re-signing Memo, which is a must according to your second point. ;)

Reason: quoted him wrong.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts