Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blazers/Clippers Game Thread

Nice start for the Blazers. 17-13, Portland, with just under 6 minutes remaining in the first quarter. Telfair off to a quick start, himself, with 3 for 3 shooting. All three on sweet little mid-range j's!!!

:banana:

·
Registered
94 Posts
with the first Qrt almost done bassy looks great as he is 3 of 4 from the field all on Jumpers. Vicktor also has a couple buckets & he is hitting the boards.. another brick form damon...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Can one of our tips fall through? I mean Reef must have tipped up 5 shots ... none fell.

Then you have Kaman swatting trash that goes in.

ARGH!

The ball definitely bounced their way this quarter.

Play.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Why was Viktor dropped to the bench?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
Can one of our tips fall through? I mean Reef must have tipped up 5 shots ... none fell.
Reef doesnt get enough credit for his quick hops. Maybe its not his hops and more his reactions. Whatever the case, he and Zach can be counted on to get a tip or hand on their misses. Kind of nice.

Portland's halfcourt set is looking much improved since the first few games that the young guys took over. Kind of nice seeing multiple passes and plays develop instead of quick pull up threes from Nick or Damon or Zach bulldozer moves in the paint. This third version of the team this year is much more fun to watch. And they play better too.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Better question: Why in the hell does Richie Frahm play at all? he has had his shot, he blows. Back to the bench please. Also, Pritch wants to know why we have to play perfect to win? Because you start Damon at the 2. It is the ultimate disadvantage for us.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
Better question: Why in the hell does Richie Frahm play at all? he has had his shot, he blows. Back to the bench please.
I'm sure you led the charge on Dan Dickau too.

Frahm hasn't had much of a "shot". You complain about Miles getting sporadic time and that's what messes up his game --- don't you think it MIGHT hold true to an actual shooter?

Play.

·
Registered
59 Posts
#10 said:
Why was Viktor dropped to the bench?
And why did Outlaw have to wait until 2 minutes into the second quarter to see his first action? With a backcourt of Magette and Livingston, I dont see why Travis cant take Frahm's minutes. I'm not sure what Frahm is adding out there, and I'm not basing it singularly on this game.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
Please explain why Miles always wears a "Z-Bo" armband ... there is something quite weird about that.

Play.
He's been doing it ever since Mo got fired. They pointed it out on TV, but never really explained why.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Tince said:
He's been doing it ever since Mo got fired. They pointed it out on TV, but never really explained why.
No, he did it MUCH earlier in the season as well. At the same time, Randolph was wearing Miles'.

I thought it was weird then too.

Play.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
barfo said:
His reading skills aren't too good. He thinks it says 'Mo'.

barfo
I don't think he's wear a "Mo" arm-band, unless he really wants to rub it in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If Joel could repress his instinct to swat every shot, he could maybe draw a charge on Magette. All well, its funner the other way

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
bbAlvin said:
If Joel could repress his instinct to swat every shot, he could maybe draw a charge on Magette. All well, its funner the other way
He stands inside that half-circle at all times, so players just attack him knowing they won't be called for a charge. But man, you're right, Magette is aggressive.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Okay, it's fair to say Reef is in a bit of a shooting slump.

This is his 3rd or 4th game under 50%.

If he's on tonight, we're winning this game.

Play.

PS - TAKE MILES OFF THE COURT! More Travis!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts