Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We seem to usually play them pretty well so it'll be interesting to see how our young guys play tonight. And please, no more Damon!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
We've played EXTREMELY lucky.

Darius is coming back down to Earth.

It's frustrating to watch us at times. We just don't know how to play a smart game of basketball.

Play.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Yeah Telfair is looking pretty darn good.....he is outplaying Ridnour in all aspects.....

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I love Viktors help defense.....He always seems to get a poke at the ball and disrupt the opponent.....his hustle is always great....I love his game and we would be foolish to get rid of him....

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I love Viktors help defense.....He always seems to get a poke at the ball and disrupt the opponent.....his hustle is always great....I love his game and we would be foolish to get rid of him....
No kidding, just imagine how good his D will be once he gets respect from the refs.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Luke Ridnour is losing to the "project" Telfair. I wish we could trade Telfair for Ridnour because Ridnour isn't a "project." I am in absolute awe of Telfair tonight. In the first half alone he has 16 points and 7 assists, shooting 7 of 9 from the field. That is great, I do however dislike his 2 missed free throws.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
What makes Telfair's domination of Ridnour even sweeter is that he's 4 years younger than Luke. As Jay Bilas said on draft night: "Luke Ridnour can't guard the chair I'm sitting in."

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I strongly dislike Damon Stoudamire.......

BTW anyone check out our bench? It's as thin as I have ever seen it...

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Sambonius said:
Luke Ridnour is losing to the "project" Telfair. I wish we could trade Telfair for Ridnour because Ridnour isn't a "project." I am in absolute awe of Telfair tonight. In the first half alone he has 16 points and 7 assists, shooting 7 of 9 from the field. That is great, I do however dislike his 2 missed free throws.
Also, I've heard he's short.

barfo

·
Registered
675 Posts
Darius is coming back down to Earth.
Probably because his shoulder got bruised on a play. Of course, this may be Darius just coming back down to earth, but odd coincidence he starts missing badly after hurting his shoulder.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Lets put Outlaw in their more in the second half.....Even though that was a stupid clear path foul on his part....

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
TheBlueDoggy said:
Probably because his shoulder got bruised on a play. Of course, this may be Darius just coming back down to earth, but odd coincidence he starts missing badly after hurting his shoulder.
He has been shooting pretty badly all year....

Outlaw and Viktor are our future SF IMO......Miles will be out this summer....

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
TheBlueDoggy said:
3-7 before the shoulder injury isn't lighting it up.

Play.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Telfair is giving Blazers fans a glimpse of the future! And the PG position will be good.

He's taking what the defense gives. He is penetrating and finishing. He is dishing. He is getting to the line. He is limiting his turnovers.

I love it.

Second half - probably won't be the same for him - but the glimpse was worthwhile for me.

Go Bassy Go!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I'm still not sold on Telfair. I think he's DEFINITELY got skill, but I just don't like his game.

I like his play sometimes -but he's a PG. He can get some of those shots at any point in the game. He has to try to get people involved rahter than shooting it 5 straight times.

Now - before anyone says something about his assist numbers - they were pretty garbage assists. Swinging it up top for 5 straight jumpers isn't getting good assists.

He had two plays to Joel that were nice looking, but one of them is a STUPID pass that is stolen 9 times out of 10.

I just see too much Damon Stoudamire in him.

Play.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I strongly dislike Damon Stoudamire.......

BTW anyone check out our bench? It's as thin as I have ever seen it...
That's because you're so young!! Back in 1978, after starting 50-8, the team ended up signing three guys to finish the season - they had only 5-6 regulars healthy. We would suit up 8 guys for the last games, and we didn't know the names of three of them.

It was ugly.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts